HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:00 AM
United States, LA, Kenner
Joined Sep 2014
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUCD VPR View Post
The Pro 180 Motors come in A & B motors (Counter Rotating). Make sure you ordered different motors, I believe the part # is different too when looking at their site.

When hooking it up pay attention to the JST leads on your FCB and stock Leads,

The DR's Right motor should be the stock "Male" JST connector. Looking at the right motor from underneath through the slot cut out, (Motor solder points/resistors side face down)
left lead "black", right lead "Red"

The DR's "Left" Motor should be the "Female" JST Connector. Looking at the left motor underneath through the slot cut out, (Motor solder points/resistors side face down),
Left Lead "Red", right lead "Black"

Ensure when you bend the resistors that you do not let the wires touch the bare metal motor housing and be gentle so you do not break them.

I am using the stock FCB and stock Delta Ray Props with the Xtreme Pro 180 Motors. Noticed a nice punch power increase, nothing like brushless but much better than the stock motors. Worth it for the price and ease of install in my opinion. I'll get some video up this weekend.
Thanks... I ordered TWO A's... man, If something would just just go my way. This is twice now I've screwed up ordering these motors...

Is there any way I can reverse one of these motors myself, safely, without destroying the motor? Or do I need to order the B motor. Glad I asked these questions... It's why I'll repeat myself or ask a single question over a few times, way to easy to make a mistake.

So can I reverse the motor myself?

Also I keep reading that these motors are basically the same in terms of power output but the extremes are built better, more efficient. I got these in the hopes that the DR would be able to handle the FPV gear better than stock 180s. My FPV is not heavy by any means. The videos I've seen are of tiny tiny white spec in the sky hidden in clouds, hard to see much. The one or two videos I've seen that showed the DR close with these motors did seem to be zipper. I noticed the rate at which it rolled was a lot tighter.

So with these motors installed, is it a good bit more noticable vs a stock 180 DR? I'm not expecting these motors to push it to 60mph or anything... I'm just hoping for a better climb rate, just a more powerful feel while holding the plane and throttling it up, and def a bit more speed.
Rain1dog is online now Find More Posts by Rain1dog
Last edited by Rain1dog; Today at 12:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:08 AM
Joined Feb 2014
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain1dog View Post
Thanks... I ordered TWO A's... man, If something would just just go my way. This is twice now I've screwed up ordering these motors...
My bud made the same mistake on an ebay deal. Buy a B and you'll have a spare.
GottaZoom is online now Find More Posts by GottaZoom
Old Today, 01:19 AM
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
Just be careful Chopperscott. , when your old man catches up with you. I'm 78 and love 3D stuff and the newest planes out. Just dialing in a new RC Factory Sbach today.

Gord.
That's awesome! I would love for him to be able to show me up on the sticks. Many thanks to all of you that have chimed in with things to check and advice. I've contemplated getting a dr myself, if only to be able to help him out by having one on hand so I'm familiar with it when he needs more assistance. Problem is I have three new 90mm edf jets nib waiting to be built, another on the way, and approximately another fifteen or so assorted planes and helis that are all vying for my attention.....then there's the girlfriend....
chopperscott is online now Find More Posts by chopperscott