New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2015, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by bijoy krishnan
bigB3699
Joined Mar 2015
5 Posts
Question
Is it possible to connect more than 1 proximity sensors to APM 2.7 ???

I need to use more than one (atleast 3)proximity sensors for my hexacopter to avoid obstacle !!!!
i use hk pilot 2.7 (apm 2.7)!!!
i know one can be connected to the analog port not sure if more than one is possible or not !!!!
if yes , which ports should i use to do that and how to controle it through mission planner!!!
bijoy krishnan is offline Find More Posts by bijoy krishnan
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2015, 08:39 AM
Find More Posts by Oldgazer
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2013
3,071 Posts
Like I already told you the answer is NO. APM does not support multiple Sonar sensors, and the only functions the Sonar provides is aircraft altitude below 7 meters.
Oldgazer is offline Find More Posts by Oldgazer
Old May 31, 2015, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by Robert_AU
Australia
Joined Jul 2012
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijoy krishnan View Post
I need to use more than one (atleast 3)proximity sensors for my hexacopter to avoid obstacle !!!!
i use hk pilot 2.7 (apm 2.7)!!!
i know one can be connected to the analog port not sure if more than one is possible or not !!!!
if yes , which ports should i use to do that and how to controle it through mission planner!!!
There have been a few engineering students posting on RCG for help with their projects. Anything is possible but YOU must have the necessary skills to solve the problem.

You have the wrong flight controller for this project. The APM doesn't have the processing power or available memory required. Arducopter developers are no longer developing for the APM, with development moved entirely to 32 bit platforms, such as, the pixhawk and clones.

The only thing missing to use multiple sonars on the APM or pixhawk is the code to do it. The I/O hardware exists. YOU would need to write the code to read the sonars, interpret their meaning and to avoid obstacles. Although, lasers would be better than sonar. If you do not have the necessary programming skills, you should change your project.
Robert_AU is offline Find More Posts by Robert_AU