New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
2,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkster View Post
No, no other plane I have has ever done the same.

I've had the dx9 on monitor to watch the signal output and all is good.
So it can only be the plane. First time this happened I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to exceed 100% travel on the servo settings. I changed this for MiG # 2 to 90% but still had the problem. MiG #2 was killed when the servo jammed down and it totalled the fuselage once again. On MiG #3 I Went as low as 80% but after maybe 50 flights it's now playing up.

The new canopy comes with a hole at the front and slots above the servo, so I wondered if it was getting too hot HH noticed and this is a solution to elevator servo failure?

I absolutely love the little MiG so much so I have #4 in parts waiting

You're all right on HH discontinued the wrong plane.
Mine has the hole in the canopy front, and the vents on the top plastic part piece, and I got mine right when they started selling it. Never have had to lower servo travel under 100%, using a DX7s. Never had a problem with any of the servos in my UMX planes, guess I'm lucky. Micro heli's is where I had all my tiny servo issues. I think the Habu flies much better than the Mig overall...but can't beat the Mig for scale warbird coolness.
seeingeyegod is online now Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by chopperscott
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Mine has the hole in the canopy front, and the vents on the top plastic part piece, and I got mine right when they started selling it. Never have had to lower servo travel under 100%, using a DX7s. Never had a problem with any of the servos in my UMX planes, guess I'm lucky. Micro heli's is where I had all my tiny servo issues. I think the Habu flies much better than the Mig overall...but can't beat the Mig for scale warbird coolness.
Mine has no holes. Got mine NIB in the classifieds here on rcg, but I know they had been out for a while when I did. Also never had to lower travel to less than 100% on any of my umx planes either. Don't have the habu, but the Mig IS cool....
chopperscott is online now Find More Posts by chopperscott
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by 4stripes
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
4,334 Posts
After moving the battery farther aft for a better CG mine flew well on low rates. The low rates prevent the ailerons from trying to travel too far (causing a servo to jam).
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
Old Jun 11, 2015, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
2,091 Posts
Hmm, I do always fly on low rate ailerons too, just cause full rates are faster than I want/need. I guess maybe that has saved my servos even though I'm not limiting overall travel. I just usually am flying on 80% travel and i think 25% expo on ailerons, full everything else.
seeingeyegod is online now Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jun 11, 2015, 01:36 PM
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
1,505 Posts
Do you guys ever use anything to clean your linear servos? I'd never even thought/considered it until I started flying a little blade 130x with the same type of servos. It was in that thread that I heard of cleaning them with some deoxit. I got some, and routinely use it on all of my linear servos, helis and planes. Just throwing that out there for any, like I, that had never thought of it.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 01:43 PM
Find More Posts by RyanFromYEG
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2014
1,483 Posts
Yes I do use Deoxit to clean and then lube. It doesn't take much time to do it. Only needs it once a year if you fly often.
RyanFromYEG is offline Find More Posts by RyanFromYEG
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by Bare
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,949 Posts
Only use deoxit on parts you no longer need. Seriously bad on pots.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:21 PM
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
13,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperscott View Post
Do you guys ever use anything to clean your linear servos? I'd never even thought/considered it until I started flying a little blade 130x with the same type of servos. It was in that thread that I heard of cleaning them with some deoxit. I got some, and routinely use it on all of my linear servos, helis and planes. Just throwing that out there for any, like I, that had never thought of it.
+1k!

DeoxIT is overwhelmingly the product of choice amongst us audio & electronics professionals for cleaning, deoxidizing, and rejuvenating pots, sliders, and switches. I use DeoxIT D5 to clean & deoxidize the resistive strip & wiper-arm on these UM linears, and I follow-up periodically with a shot of DeoxIT F5 Faderlube to protect the resistive strip & restore its natural lubricity. I can't even remember the last time I had a UM servo problem. Many of 'em are well-past the 100-hr mark.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:37 PM
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare View Post
Only use deoxit on parts you no longer need. Seriously bad on pots.
Really?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by RyanFromYEG
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2014
1,483 Posts
I think DeOxit is used in the music industry for electric guitars.
RyanFromYEG is offline Find More Posts by RyanFromYEG
Old Jun 16, 2015, 07:06 PM
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
13,758 Posts
Yes. We music industry professionals also use it on the pots & sliders in mixing consoles, equalizers, amps, studio recording equipment, etc. We RF electronics professionals also use it on the pots in two-way radio transceivers, and also on the pots & sliders in broadcast studio gear.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker