SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 03, 2015, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by John Snow
Joined Aug 2014
221 Posts
The cheaper one you can find here: http://www.surveilzone.com/1ch-high-...ft-lcd-dr11651
John Snow is offline Find More Posts by John Snow
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2015, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,285 Posts
I have been using Devo 7 for years. Just recieved a Devo 8s and now have most flying on it. took out both Ladybird V1's for a spin. New TX working fine. Then just had to fly Hoten-X and V200D01. My trustly Devo 7 will become a back up TX. all set-up and ready for action if needed. Not one failure with Mega, did I say mega use with helis/ quads etc.
Walkera's have been just fine for me. Helis with thousands of flights stripped about five servos. Three of those will be rebuilt. Thats some pretty darn good service. My LB V1's a few props/ Hoten-X nothing as far as parts.
V262 WL Toys TOYS is a sad excuse for a Quad. It flys fine but motors are PURE TRASH.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Mar 12, 2015, 07:52 AM
Find More Posts by Squirrel_D
X5C-1, WL 959, Ladybird
United States, PA, Levittown
Joined Feb 2015
698 Posts
So I finally did a range test with my LadyBird V2, FPV (Devo F4). I'm talking control not video. I only got about 225 feet. For such a small quad, that's pretty good as I'm probably not going to be able to see the thing and certainly not be able to visually determine orientation at that distance.. However, if I do wind up biting the bullet and flying FPV (I have been too scared to do that so far. Besides, I've really only been flying it inside due to the weather and no time during the day light hours). I do know that the video range is far less than the control (although I didn't test that myself - yet.)

Anyway, I intend to do the range mods that are found on Ramz' huge compilation of LadyBird mods thread

But I may just wait until I get my F7E controller which should be here by the weekend - I guess I'll do another range test with that and see..!
Squirrel_D is offline Find More Posts by Squirrel_D
Old Mar 12, 2015, 09:48 AM
Find More Posts by JohnVH
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
3,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_D View Post
So I finally did a range test with my LadyBird V2, FPV (Devo F4). I'm talking control not video. I only got about 225 feet. For such a small quad, that's pretty good as I'm probably not going to be able to see the thing and certainly not be able to visually determine orientation at that distance.. However, if I do wind up biting the bullet and flying FPV (I have been too scared to do that so far. Besides, I've really only been flying it inside due to the weather and no time during the day light hours). I do know that the video range is far less than the control (although I didn't test that myself - yet.)

Anyway, I intend to do the range mods that are found on Ramz' huge compilation of LadyBird mods thread

But I may just wait until I get my F7E controller which should be here by the weekend - I guess I'll do another range test with that and see..!
my video range goes beyond 2000', so you never know.
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Mar 12, 2015, 09:54 AM
X5C-1, WL 959, Ladybird
Joined Feb 2015
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
my video range goes beyond 2000', so you never know.
Really? without the mod? Nice..

Ok, well, tonight I'll do the video range test.

Another question.. Have you ever been able to get channel 8 to work? I hear that's mostly consistently the best performing channel... But I can't get it to work - DIP switch change or not.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:41 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
3,501 Posts
What mod?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:45 AM
X5C-1, WL 959, Ladybird
Joined Feb 2015
698 Posts
Quote:
What mod?
Bottom line it puts some coax cables with RPM-SA connectors into the F4's rubber 'switch' stoppers so you can attach a + db antenna of some sort.

It's in this thread:

Ramz' huge compilation of LadyBird mods thread
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:53 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
3,501 Posts
Oh, I wasnt talking about the radio range, LOS my ladybird had great range, but once I put the 1280 FPV system on it, it went down to about 20'.....

Throw a $20 NQX board on it and let her rip!
Modified LadyBird quadcopter, having FPV FUN (5 min 35 sec)
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:10 AM
X5C-1, WL 959, Ladybird
Joined Feb 2015
698 Posts
Quote:
Oh, I wasnt talking about the radio range, LOS my ladybird had great range, but once I put the 1280 FPV system on it, it went down to about 20'.....

Throw a $20 NQX board on it and let her rip!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6GX7o7AOE0
I've seen your video before! Nice! I'm pretty new to this hobby so I'll have to look up the NQX board you mention.. What are you using to record? Obviously it's not onboard unless you've figured out a way to shrink yourself so you can ride the LadyBird (and have your audio on board ! lol) I've been shopping around for a portable DVR but nothing has floated to the top yet..

The range mod is for both, control and video.. I have 2 +7db panel antennas that I'll probably use for my F4.

I wonder why I only got 225 or so feet of control.. I mean, I did have the antenna pointing down the street I walked down (and I know the best way is to have the antenna sideways instead of pointing at the quad - I did that on purpose because I want to know the least range limit I should get..)

I say probably because I just checked and my Devo 7 is out for delivery!!! (And yay me, I'm working from home today!)

So I'll do a (control 2.4 Ghz) range test and see how that one does..

Oh well, hopfully the mailman gets here soon so I can not work- er, .. uh.. hmm..
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:25 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
3,501 Posts
I have a RMRC FPV1000 DVR, love it

NanyQX board, there is a thread about it here.