New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2015, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by bluemeane
Joined Apr 2007
1,534 Posts
Discussion
Vapor FPV BNF now only $59.00!!!!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/eflu6680

Get em while they last!!! I picked up two!

That is a cheaper price than just the camera alone!!!!!
bluemeane is online now Find More Posts by bluemeane
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2015, 07:37 AM
Find More Posts by Piper J3
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
3,084 Posts
Just bought one - thanks. And only $2 shipping. I'll use the camera/VTX for micro Quad and airframe as spare parts for my Night Vapor. Probably use the Brick on another micro project. Cleaned up here...
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by makg
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
730 Posts
How much are the goggles to complete the package?
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by Dwrizzol
It's a dry heat...
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Oct 2014
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg View Post
How much are the goggles to complete the package?
You can get it RTF for $199, includes headset

http://www.horizonhobby.com/fpv-vapo...adset-eflu6600
Dwrizzol is online now Find More Posts by Dwrizzol
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by bluemeane
Joined Apr 2007
1,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwrizzol View Post
You can get it RTF for $199, includes headset

http://www.horizonhobby.com/fpv-vapo...adset-eflu6600
That is like $200 off as well!!!
bluemeane is online now Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Jul 16, 2015, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by Dwrizzol
It's a dry heat...
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Oct 2014
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
That is like $200 off as well!!!
I wish I had an extra $200 laying around right now...
Dwrizzol is online now Find More Posts by Dwrizzol
Old Jul 16, 2015, 06:45 PM
Find More Posts by hinzer
Canada, BC, Mission
Joined Sep 2011
66 Posts
Use the xtra10 for 20$ off
hinzer is online now Find More Posts by hinzer
Old Jul 16, 2015, 08:48 PM
Find More Posts by benzy2
United States, MI, Jackson
Joined Jan 2009
35 Posts
It's a heck of a deal. I grabbed one just for the cam/tx but will enjoy a slow flier too.
benzy2 is online now Find More Posts by benzy2
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by TurboRacer
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
2,183 Posts
I bit too! Now I just need a video RX of some sort!
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by makg
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
730 Posts
How good is the camera quality? The only FPV I have done is with the PZ0420 camera.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,583 Posts
Yep a still born at the original price and when it drops to that cheap we all jump on it LOL consumers victor,but it makes you wonder "HOW MUCH DID IT REALLY COST FOR THE COMPLETE RTF
I look at it when it was selling for the original price and thought it was way over priced. I bought the BNF just for the novelty of it. It's cheaper than the Night vapor BNF and even the AmberII let along the UM Champ RTF, I wil probably use it on my other micro planes (also my UM radian I already have a nice display screen, ////which will work with the VIDEO TX here. Kinda like you get a nice Vapor carbon look and a VTX for $59.
HH couldn't sell them at the high price so drop product (why is the UM Radian still the same price though???? and sell them cheap and all of a sudden everyone buys them. Something like the still born Mini Vapor. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Knowing some people that bought a bunch of mini vapors when they were $49 and try to sell them for $80 plus. Boy they got stuck with a lot of inventory. some will try that again with this LOL and the one that are now selling in the classified adds are now stuck with trying to get their money back !!
NEWBEFLYER is online now Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Jul 17, 2015, 04:22 PM
Find More Posts by benzy2
United States, MI, Jackson
Joined Jan 2009
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg View Post
How good is the camera quality? The only FPV I have done is with the PZ0420 camera.
It isn't on par with the PZ0420 but then again, it fits places the PZ0420 doesn't fit as well. It's a CMOS camera with I believe 420 TVL. It handles like you would expect for that setup. That said, the beauty is that the entire unit (cam and tx) weighs 4.5 grams and power consumption is 300 mA. I'm not aware of any other complete FPV setups that weigh that little and consume that little power. Most others run 6-10 grams complete, some requiring 2-3s, and using 400+ mA, while still being a CMOS camera. If you need light and compact, nothing beats it. If you can take a the extra weight and have plenty of battery, it's passed by other setups.

Range is debatable and very sensitive to the environment. I've had flights where I lost signal at 100 yards and I've had flights out past 1000 yards that were clean and clear. Really depends on the antenna on the ground and if there is any interference in the area. Quite honestly, it's such a buy at $60 I've been on the edge of ordering 3-4 more just as spares for future planes/quads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
Yep a still born at the original price and when it drops to that cheap we all jump on it LOL consumers victor,but it makes you wonder "HOW MUCH DID IT REALLY COST FOR THE COMPLETE RTF
I look at it when it was selling for the original price and thought it was way over priced. I bought the BNF just for the novelty of it. It's cheaper than the Night vapor BNF and even the AmberII let along the UM Champ RTF, I wil probably use it on my other micro planes (also my UM radian I already have a nice display screen, ////which will work with the VIDEO TX here. Kinda like you get a nice Vapor carbon look and a VTX for $59.
HH couldn't sell them at the high price so drop product (why is the UM Radian still the same price though???? and sell them cheap and all of a sudden everyone buys them. Something like the still born Mini Vapor. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Knowing some people that bought a bunch of mini vapors when they were $49 and try to sell them for $80 plus. Boy they got stuck with a lot of inventory. some will try that again with this LOL and the one that are now selling in the classified adds are now stuck with trying to get their money back !!
I'd guess people buying these in bulk will break even, short of the VA1100 dropping significantly in price as well (which hasn't and I doubt will happen soon). Sell the Vapor for $30 and the VA1100 for $50 and you make money. Hard to see either of those fail at that price point. I'd also guess the UM Radian isn't selling cheaper because it's selling. It appears to be a consistent movable item so I wouldn't expect a price drop short of a replacement model coming out.

I'm not out to buy to resell so all I'm interested in is how I can use the components. I don't see using the Vapor as a FPV model but LOS it would be a fun option on the calm days in the front yard. The VA1100 can fit on a number of UM planes and I plan to put one on a 150mm micro quad as well. Even with 3-4 of these, they would make an enjoyable day with the kids without fear of trashing an (multiple) expensive planes/FPV setups.
benzy2 is online now Find More Posts by benzy2
Last edited by benzy2; Jul 17, 2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by rschoi_75
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Apr 2009
16 Posts
I bit on this just for the fpv camera. Stick it on a nano qx 3d and it's huge fun for indoors and outdoors. I didn't really need the vapor, but it's still great fun to fly around.
rschoi_75 is online now Find More Posts by rschoi_75
Old Jul 22, 2015, 09:33 PM
Find More Posts by TurboRacer
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
2,183 Posts
Same here! I wanted the camera. Though my mini vapor just died so maybe the FPV Vapor can take its place. Not sure how much faster it comes and if I can fly in my living room or not. If not, I have the QX 3D for indoor fun.

I also just ordered an RC832 A/V receiver. I have a small LCD monitor that should work with it. Can't wait to try it out. Should all be here on Saturday.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jul 23, 2015, 04:13 PM
Find More Posts by moteasa
Quit making stuff I must buy!
United States, TN, Smyrna
Joined Feb 2014
654 Posts
I picked one up last night and flew a few packs through it.
On three occasions while in the air the rudder/vertical stab flipped 180 around towards the front and caused a spiraling crash. Is this common and is there a mod to prevent it from over extending like that?
moteasa is online now Find More Posts by moteasa