SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 09, 2015, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by xrx1113
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Aug 2011
890 Posts
Help!
align/tarrot 450 DFC wont take off

I have a 450 align with a tarrot DFC unit and blade motor and ecs. I'm using a beastx 7300 mounted on side of heli. I have gone through the set up on the beastx several times and checked and re checked the blade s for correct settings and it looks right . But... When I spool up in idle up i get close to mid position on the stick and instead of getting light on the skids and starting to lift of the heli starts to bounce/spasm and I back off and shut it down. The only thing I havent changed is the gains on dial #1 on the beastx could this cause this spasm if it was too high. I have spooled it up with no blades and there is no vibration. With the blades it spools up smooth right up till just before half stick than it spasms. Thanks for any help.
mark
xrx1113 is offline Find More Posts by xrx1113
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2015, 02:01 PM
Find More Posts by holtneil
United Kingdom, England, Slough
Joined Dec 2012
1,635 Posts
Hi mate what are the pitch setting ,Use the pitch gauge , for normal flight you want approx
zero throttle -2 degs , at mid stick 5 to 6 degs , at full 12 degs then points 2,4 just adjust to give a smooth curve between points 1 and 3 then 3 and 5 , if you dont have enough pitch it will not take off
holtneil is online now Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Jun 09, 2015, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by Florida Heli
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
2,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrx1113 View Post
When I spool up in idle up i get close to mid position on the stick and instead of getting light on the skids and starting to lift of the heli starts to bounce/spasm and I back off and shut it down.
I have had this problem, to a lesser degree, resulting in one tip over. Possible causes are listed here: KBAR FBL Tipping Over.

Also, helicopters are subject to resonance on the ground:

Ground Resonance - Side View (0 min 33 sec)

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is online now Find More Posts by Florida Heli
Old Jun 09, 2015, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
I'm breaking-in helis.
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
3,117 Posts
pop it into the air and hope for the best that's what i do. last time didn't go so well, but we rebuilt and now heli is stronger than ever.
Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old Jun 10, 2015, 02:49 AM
Find More Posts by abenn
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
12,826 Posts
As has been mentioned, helis normally pass through their resonances as you open the throttle/collective further.

But not getting light on its skids sounds like the pitch curve is not right -- like holtneil has said, you should have significant positive pitch (I like +3 degrees on my 500 and 550 with BeastX) at mid stick. I think you'd be best going through the BeastX setup again, to ensure that pitch is as specified.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Jun 10, 2015, 05:41 AM
Find More Posts by H2SO4
Mixmasta belongum jeezus kraes
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrx1113 View Post
I'm using a beastx 7300 mounted on side of heli.
Are you quite sure the sides of the AR7300BX are parallel/orthogonal to the main shaft? When side mounting, it is not always easy to tell, and the frames of the helicopter may offer deceptive visual cues.

Make sure the 7300 is square-on to the main shaft and other main axes, and that the correct orientation is selected in the setup menu.
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4