Find More Posts by Laurence Carroll
2.4GHz systems, Electrics, FPV
New Zealand, Otago, Alexandra
Joined May 2006
137 Posts
Ref translation of the XTR builder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Myers View Post
I translated the one in Reflex XTR into English years ago. I still have it available.
Send me an email and I'll send you the .htm file.
kmyersefo@mac.com
Hi Ken, apologies for the late reply... I do have that but got stuck looking at screen then print out etc... really needed them to issue a full English edition....but nothing happened.....Rgds....Laurie
Laurence Carroll is offline Find More Posts by Laurence Carroll
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2015, 07:45 AM
Find More Posts by Laurence Carroll
2.4GHz systems, Electrics, FPV
New Zealand, Otago, Alexandra
Joined May 2006
137 Posts
Yes although I dont understand the full tech details of what you refer to, I was really prodding the programmers etc into bridging the gap so to speak.... it should be able to simulate what you would do in real life... trying out various dims etc till what you were thinking of did actually fly.... in the "sim" I would expect the same to happen as you describe...till you found the design combo that flew so to speak...

I figure FS-One has an oportunity to do this....its being done with XPLane btw for large size RC models....see VSkylabs... any way just trying to prompt/tease/challenge the brains behind FS-One...Rgds....Laurie
Laurence Carroll is offline Find More Posts by Laurence Carroll
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by camilleg
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
86 Posts
re: XPlane's RC models

Hi Laurie, yes, http://www.vskylabs.com/ mentions X-Plane's "blade element theory," but FS One's flight model goes waaay beyond that. Again, http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/pdf/10.2514/6.2010-7635 , in particular the "full envelope" bits: +-180 degrees of angle of attack and sideslip, changing very quickly. If you try to scale X-Plane's flight model from full scale or giant scale down to how a foamie can tumble, then its physics falls apart.

(That's not a criticism! X-Plane is intended for full-scale craft. Making it work for a 6-ounce craft is like the naive engineer who designs a highway bridge that's strong enough to support an infinite load and needs no maintenance for ten thousand years...)
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg