HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:08 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,813 Posts
Discussion
HL Tiger tank firing problem

OK I am doing a repair for some one on an early HL Tiger 1 tank. I had to change out a motor she now runs nice. BUT when I try to fire the soft BB gun it will fire 3 times befor It will it kick back make the noise like shot was fired and dose not shoot out the yellow ball. It makes a Poping sound then after 3 times of hearing that the fireing will make nose but no BB comes out?
OK I could use some help on this one. IT is the tank that the radio has push buttons . Any ideas ? I am like the rest of ya trying to learn along the way. I did take it apart and everthing seems like it is working right . IT has the recoil system. NOW that is new to me . has the white plactic gun and the spring looks like it moving back and forth. thanks DON
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:44 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,813 Posts
OK I will try to tell you what this tank dose or sounds like. I will hit the fireing controll the red light comes on in front to tell you it is about to fire. IT goes PoP POP Pop then bang has the shell fireing noise and the tank rocks back and forth. NO BB. I try it again and same happens Dose this tell any thing , I did pop off the top of the turret and remove the bottom to see if the spring was not working and it is going back and forth. So now what do I look for. I am also useing the white bbs dose it take some thing elest. instead. ?? DON thanks again for any advice.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:16 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,375 Posts
Don, check to see if maybe one of the bb's is stuck in the gun barrel/or loading port.
From your description is sounds like the bb's are not making it into the firing part of the gun, hence no shooting. If those are the stock bb's, toss em, they are junk.

They are often not round, and have burrs on em, causes em to hang up.

Get yourself some Crossman bb's.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:12 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,813 Posts
OK GG I will look into it .
Have your self a very merry xmas.
Thank you
DON
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:26 AM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,375 Posts
And a Merry Christmas to you Don.

Don, I reread you first post. Hmm, maybe you have a stripped gear or a gear with a broken tooth in the gear box. Would make sense as if the gear was slipping as it drove the plunger back it would give you the popping sound before it recoils. Might also explain why it's not shooting the bb's out.

Those guns are less then 10 bucks. And there are some alternatives out there.

Searching I found this site, has some really good write ups and photos of mods the the HL tanks. http://rctanksaustralia.com/news/?page_id=2

And here's a good one for tearing apart the stock gun and modding it for more power.
Gives a good look inside of the workings.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_83...tm.htm#8356575
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl