HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:27 AM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
You are correct. that motor is vastly different than the one FLYFLY lists for their plane.

There are two B60 dukes being offered and I am unable to determine which version Nitroplanes has sold. Hobby People is selling the FLYFLY Version-

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...esc-incld.html
Yes, both planes likely come from the same factory molds.....just spec'ed with different electronics by NP and HP. As usual, not much info on the version that HP is selling at their typical over the top pricing! In Europe, Ready2Fly is marketing the same version as NP. MY MISTAKE! It is not Ready2Fly! I'll post correct vendor when I find it again. Also, in the USA, EasyTiger sells them....at a higer price than NP. I doubt if he REALLY has them in stock, even if his website says it is..... He is "famous" for taking the $$$ and having them drop shipped (eventually) from his China source.
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
Last edited by bamaguy; Dec 12, 2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Info Corrrection
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:44 PM
Joined Feb 2009
1,645 Posts
DUKE B60 Vendors

The B60 marketed by Hobby People is the FLYFLY production. It has a full canopy to include the passenger section made of some type of thermoplastic, and has different electronics and motors. It is also available from AirShow...the link below has a lot more info than the Hobby People site.

http://www.airshowrc.com/foam_planes_fly_fly.html

The other B60 offering from NP and EasyTiger may or may not come out of the same factory. It appears to use the same molds.....maybe it's a copy of the FlyFly with some modifications, or it may be an earlier version of the product?? And, the current FlyFly model is the newest production from FlyFly
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:07 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
They sure look like different planes...FLYFLY indicated to me they hadn't done business with Nitroplanes before but who knows....the landing gear and canopy are different for sure.

FLYFLY

Nitroplanes-
mray is offline Find More Posts by mray
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
986 Posts
I'm sure glad I bought two planes. I knew this would happen!!
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:44 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,653 Posts
Does the NP version require twin 4s lipos? Mmmm. $400? That doesn't include everything you need. I know it's a big 1600mm plane but geez, By the time you get her flling outfitted, it will cost $600+ putting it in a category that would include the Barron 58, Shrike Aero Commander, etc. They do look different from the pics. Does the NP version have the intake air scoops under the cowls?
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Feb 2009
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
They sure look like different planes...FLYFLY indicated to me they hadn't done business with Nitroplanes before but who knows....the landing gear and canopy are different for sure.
PM sent
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Feb 2009
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Does the NP version require twin 4s lipos? They do look different from the pics. Does the NP version have the intake air scoops under the cowls?
NP-1 4S3000-4000 and has air intakes under cowls, but do not know if they are functional
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:23 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Does the NP version require twin 4s lipos? Mmmm. $400? That doesn't include everything you need. I know it's a big 1600mm plane but geez, By the time you get her flling outfitted, it will cost $600+ putting it in a category that would include the Barron 58, Shrike Aero Commander, etc. They do look different from the pics. Does the NP version have the intake air scoops under the cowls?
The $399.00 version includes everything but the radio and batteries. The nitroplanes version requires/suggests one 4S but a 3600mah 4S. The landing gear on the FLYFLY seems to be solid metal oleo whereas the Nitroplanes is thin wire metal.

From Hobby Peoples description which also mimics FLYFLY website for ARF:
Quote:
EPO foam construction. 63 inch wingspan. Includes 2 x 900kV brushless motors with 2 x 40A ESCs, 2 x 10x7 3-blade props, retracts, installed servos. REQUIRES Radio transmitter and receiver, 2 x 10x7 3-blade props, 2 x 2200mah 4S batteries with charger.
That combo is for a 14.8v 4S 4400 mah setup....which is likely required as the motors in the FLYFLY seem to be bigger-
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:29 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
Check out the FLYFLY retracts-

Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
472 Posts
I have both the FlyFly and the aerosky. They are not the same plane. The FlyFly does not come with flaps or retracts. The QC with the Fly Fly is poor in my opinion. My kit has many issues that needed fixing. It does build into a nice plane... but it was like pulling teeth. I can't comment on how it flies, I haven't been able to do that yet.
handyman 220 is online now Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:28 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman 220 View Post
I have both the FlyFly and the aerosky. They are not the same plane. The FlyFly does not come with flaps or retracts. The QC with the Fly Fly is poor in my opinion. My kit has many issues that needed fixing. It does build into a nice plane... but it was like pulling teeth. I can't comment on how it flies, I haven't been able to do that yet.
Thanks handyman. I would like to see some detailed pictures of your FLY/FLY...would you mind posting some or I would be happy to shoot my email to you.

Oddly, I was told by FLYFLY yesterday that their version comes with servo-less retracts.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined Jul 2008
472 Posts
I can post some pics later(tomorrow). Anything in particular you'd like to see? I bought mine from HP about 5 months ago, maybe the newer kits have the electric retracts included. I had to purchase my retracts separately. I still have not installed them, I figured I'd fly it first beforehand to see if it was worth trying to install the retracts.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:11 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman 220 View Post
I can post some pics later(tomorrow). Anything in particular you'd like to see? I bought mine from HP about 5 months ago, maybe the newer kits have the electric retracts included. I had to purchase my retracts separately. I still have not installed them, I figured I'd fly it first beforehand to see if it was worth trying to install the retracts.
Just trying to decide whether to purchase the FLYFLY or wait for the Aerosky....seems like the quality of the FF kit is pretty good....better electronics (based on it coming with servo-less retracts). Flaps can always be added.

What are your thoughts between the two kits?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:46 AM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
This is the latest cutsheet from FLYFLY regarding their B60 Duke. It does not list flaps (which is confirmed by FLYFLY) and does not list servoless retracts but has been confirmed to come with these by FLYFLY. Clearly the electronics are different and the motors seem to have more mass than the Aerosky.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Jul 2008
472 Posts
The FlyFly does build to a nice looking plane, but I had many problems with my kit. Nothing that couldn't be fixed, but I shouldn't have to fix them before flying. The rudder and steering were reversed from each other. One of the main LG springs couldn't support the weight of the plane. Trying to fit the horizontal stab the wood spar was the wrong angle, it wasn't a straight forward build. I do not know how it flies I haven't maidened her yet. As I said before my kit had fixed gear maybe the newer kits include retracts. When I bought it I assumed it had retracts for the price I paid! This plane is going to be my trainer plane before I fly my Aerodyne Baron 58 Name: 003.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 185.5 KB
Description:

Name: 001.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 149.8 KB
Description:

Name: 002.jpg
Views: 68
Size: 140.3 KB
Description:
Last edited by handyman 220; Dec 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM.