HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:41 AM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,074 Posts
Today, one of the guys at my field had a mini stryker, and I chased it around with the mig I really like this little plane.
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:07 AM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,012 Posts
I got in another few fights yesterday with the HH MiG, this one captured on a hatcam...This vid is nothing special other than flying the MiG in high winds...Again, AS3X comes to the rescue!!!...Power with the 300mAh 35C NanoTechs is insane...MUCH more than stock---Note the high speed down wind passes....

Kevin

MiG 12 1 12 (5 min 39 sec)
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:30 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Here is mine.... gotta love the landing!!

E-Flight Mig 15 (2 min 47 sec)
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:46 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpjohn View Post
RC your 2s 500mah Hyperion pack works great! I had the timer set for 2.5min on the maiden and only used 240mah. For the next flight I set the timer for 4min and still had good punch when I landed. That was a maiden on the batts as well as the plane.As for the Mig29, she is sweet. Gentle toss into a 6mph breeze and she flew out straight and level. Couple clicks of down once on step and she was hands off. Top speed slightly faster than the Mig15 and very responsive to the controls. Love the sound of twin fans blowing past at eye level. Next time out I will try to get some video

Dr John
John,

Excellent!

Please shoot me a link if you have any additional info on that scratch built twin Mig-29.

Thanks,

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
Here is mine.... gotta love the landing!!

http://youtu.be/aPvkAbCG0-0
Looked GREAT!!!...Wish I had a flying strip like yours to fly from...To keep from beating the runway to death with the model try moving the CG back a smidge...This model is really sensitive to CG changes...I have experimented with the battery in the back of the box and forward in the box...I now have the CG set for my 300mAh NanoTechs...With an aft CG you can grease in the landing, riding the mains with a nose high wheelie when you get the landing speed and CG correct...MUCH FUN!!!...

Again, great flight!!!

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Dec 02, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:07 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Looked GREAT!!!...Wish I had a flying strip like yours to fly from...To keep from beating the runway to death with the model try moving the GG back a smidge...This model is really sensitive to CG changes...I have experimented with the battery in the back of the box and forward in the box...I now have the CG set for my 300mAh NanoTechs...With an aft CG you can grease in the landing, ridng the mains with a nose high wheelie when you get the landing speed and CG correct...MUCH FUN!!!...

Again, great flight!!!

Kevin
I have been using 300s all the way forward I will try going back some more next time. Love this plane gives me time to breathe after flying the Sbach. I share my runway with a few dog walkers but overall its really nice... I wish some of the clubs here had something other than grass......
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:20 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Quote:
...To keep from beating the runway to death with the model try moving the GG back a smidge...This model is really sensitive to CG changes..
Kevin
That's funny right there....nope, I've never landed the mig like that...
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:48 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
Just picked up a MIG 15 at a limited price special from my lhs. I asked the owner for any differences from the normal priced mig, and he said their were none. Do you guys know of any that may be the result of the mark down in price?
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Just picked up a MIG 15 at a limited price special from my lhs. I asked the owner for any differences from the normal priced mig, and he said their were none. Do you guys know of any that may be the result of the mark down in price?
The MiG recently went on sale at HH for about $20 less than the original price...And your hobby shop could go lower than that if they want---Just can't advertise it according to MAP rules...Glad you got a good deal!!!

Kevin
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:15 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
Thanks Kevin. I was on the fence between the Mig 15 and the Spitfire. The thread on the F86 vs. the Mig 15 sold me on the Mig. Plus it was a few dollers less than the Spitfire.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:20 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Dec 04, 2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Didn't see Kevin's reply until after I hit 'Submit'.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Thanks Kevin. I was on the fence between the Mig 15 and the Spitfire. The thread on the F86 vs. the Mig 15 sold me on the Mig. Plus it was a few dollers less than the Spitfire.
I've owned the Sabre and the MiG---The MiG wins---HANDS DOWN!!!...I haven't owned the Spitfire but from what I've read it could use a dose of UMX brushless 2S power...

My MiG flies extremely well on 2S and I'm more than satisfied...ROG takeoffs are very easy as the MiG will ROG pretty much by itself...The plane will pick up a noticeable amount of speed with the gear off..It will belly land on grass easily, effortlessly sliding in like a baseball player into home plate!!!....

Kevin
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:09 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,074 Posts
It flys a lot better without the gear. More speed, more punch.
Or, If you really want speed, hook up a separate ESC and a better motor to run off 3s like nitrochaged did.
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:35 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
Power with the 300mAh 35C NanoTechs is insane...MUCH more than stock--
Kevin: From what vendor are you sourcing these Nano Tech 300mah 35C lipos?

Tnx

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:05 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
Quote:
I've owned the Sabre and the MiG---The MiG wins---HANDS DOWN!!!...I haven't owned the Spitfire but from what I've read it could use a dose of UMX brushless 2S power...

My MiG flies extremely well on 2S and I'm more than satisfied...ROG takeoffs are very easy as the MiG will ROG pretty much by itself...The plane will pick up a noticeable amount of speed with the gear off..It will belly land on grass easily, effortlessly sliding in like a baseball player into home plate!!!....

Kevin
If the weather holds up, I'll maiden it tomorrow! I've got 4 packs of Hyperion 240's charged up (from another project), and the E-flite 200 it came with. Looking forward to this! It's a sharp looking little micro edf.