HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:28 AM
Joined Jan 2011
28 Posts
Discussion
Super Club Burnt Receiver Question

I have found a burnt bridge on my Super Club LP receiver. Am I able to repair this by soltering a new bridge or does a new receiver have to be replaced? There is an older thread on here that shows a picture of the burn which is exactly where my is burnt however it does not have any information on repairing it other than replacing the entire board. Thanks

Thread with burnt bridge pictures

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1066837
Yellowfin 2na is offline Find More Posts by Yellowfin 2na
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:02 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,046 Posts
The 'bridge' as you call it is probably a transistor. Finding the correct surface mount transistor without a part number will be very difficult. De-soldering the old one, and re-soldering a new one will also be very difficult, many surface mount devices are fixed to the pcb with an adhesive.

Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer/supplier of the model and ask for a replacement Rx, pointing out that other people have had the same problem.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:46 AM
United States, NY, Angola
Joined Jul 2010
292 Posts
Sure why not. If the solder bridge is for sure melted away and you know for a fact one goes there, go for it. Chances are there's more to it then just a solder bridge being melted away.
Ghost Plane is offline Find More Posts by Ghost Plane
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:54 AM
United States, NY, Angola
Joined Jul 2010
292 Posts
eflightray this is the "bridge" he was talking about. It just a common spot that componets are soldered too. At first I thought the samething as you until I read a bit more. Chances are there will be a problem else where even if this is fixed. But I sure would take my soldering iron to it to try to fix it.
Ghost Plane is offline Find More Posts by Ghost Plane
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:19 AM
USA, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2009
812 Posts
I think you'll be time and reliabilty ahead to just buy a new brick for your "Club" and install it. These boards are notorious for failure, unfortunately.Alternatively, you can go through the expense of a new ESC,motor (if you decide to go brushless) servos, receiver, and transmitter and have a great flying little $350.00 trainer!
benski is offline Find More Posts by benski
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:58 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Plane View Post
eflightray this is the "bridge" he was talking about. It just a common spot that componets are soldered too. At first I thought the samething as you until I read a bit more. Chances are there will be a problem else where even if this is fixed. But I sure would take my soldering iron to it to try to fix it.
Agreed. I was looking at the component lower down, well spotted.

But then if a track actually melted, I would wonder what caused it, and would I trust that Rx again ?
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jan 29, 2011, 01:02 PM
Joined Jan 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
Agreed. I was looking at the component lower down, well spotted.

But then if a track actually melted, I would wonder what caused it, and would I trust that Rx again ?
Thanks all for the replies.

What caused it was pilot error. I got it stuck into a very high tree that wasnt climable. So I tried to fly it out. The prop got stuck on a branch for too long and it must have fried it. I didnt know that could happend but Im learning.

It took over four hours of casting a fishing pole up into the tree to get it out.......it was a long day
Yellowfin 2na is offline Find More Posts by Yellowfin 2na