SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 06, 2002, 08:37 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,402 Posts
Changes at Servo City?

First, let me say that I've always gotten EXCELLENT service from Servo City and that hasn't changed. However, I got an order today for 2 HS-55 servos and was rather surprised to find that both were packaged in one plastic baggy rather than the usual boxes they normally have come in. Both servos seemed to survive the trip OK. Possibly Servo City is now buying in such bulk quantities that they come without boxes but that makes me wonder what the packaging will be like for everything else. Don't think I want to pay $80 for an expensive servo only to see it arrive in a plastic baggy or a new receiver just floating around in a baggy with its accessories.

I've sent them an email asking what's up, so hopefully they will reply in a couple of day.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2002, 10:25 PM
Naperville, IL USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,886 Posts
I actually experienced the same thing with some HS-81s I recently ordered. I just assumed that they filled the order by taking them out of a flight pack or a transmitter set. They were packed well enough for my tastes, so I didn't think twice about it - and probably won't in the future since their prices still justify buying from them, but I would be interested in what you find out.

Mitch
Mitch G is offline Find More Posts by Mitch G
Old Apr 06, 2002, 11:21 PM
New York Mills, MN
Joined Jan 2002
647 Posts
I ordered via paypal a week ago Fri. and then I got a call-back on thurs. of this week wondering how I was going to pay, and I told them I already paid by paypal, and they said they would check. ???? I e-mailed twice to figure out what was going on with no response. I'm sure everything will be OK as to the good feedback I've heard from here, but I am a little disappointed that it was messed up and is taking this long. Not trying to flame Servocity, just posting my first and only experience with them. It will effect my decision to order again, though.
mefly2 is offline Find More Posts by mefly2
Old Apr 07, 2002, 08:44 AM
Old Guy
Carver, MA USA
Joined Jun 2000
553 Posts
Last 2 HS85MG showed up in Hitec packaging last week along with a pile of HS80 gear sets all in manufacturer's packaging. Delivery timely and free.

Servocity is an offshoot of Brian Thomas Robotics and is a secondary enterprise. I am surprised that more of his items are not bulk packaging. In buying hardware for computer repair or construction I am used to receiving drives, memory, motherboards and processors in unlabeled packaging without documentation. This has never affected the quality of goods received and has never been a problem.

If you get what you ordered and it arrives in new condition (postage free at the lowest price available!) what does it matter what kind of cardboard is wrapped around it?
Ron
Ron Cichowski is offline Find More Posts by Ron Cichowski
Old Apr 07, 2002, 09:09 AM
South Jersey
Joined Sep 2001
102 Posts
Servo City has been good in the past, however I believe that things are changing for the worse. I ordered some items this past Monday, were told that they were in stock and that they would ship on Monday. Saturday has come and gone with an empty mailbox. A friend of mine also ordered some items 2 weeks ago, after waiting a week he called to find out that they were out of stock. The gentleman at Servo City promptly removed items from a system to ship him that day. They never told him that they were out of stock. The point being they are not living up to their commitments.

If your reading this at Servo City, I would have still given you an order if you said you were out of stock and shipment would be delayed. However, I will think twice about calling you next time because my trust in your firm has been lost.

SA
S Anastasio is offline Find More Posts by S Anastasio
Old Apr 07, 2002, 01:38 PM
Joined Apr 2002
4 Posts
New Inventory System at ServoCity

We sincerely apologize about the delayed orders above. Although, it does not make up for the delays, we will certainly include some free items with their orders.
For the past 2 weeks we have been installing a new inventory/customer database for ServoCity. This will greatly increase the speed at which we will be able to process orders as well as let our customers track their own orders. As all of you probably know, putting in a new system can cause some confusion and delays, which it has. Installation should be complete within the next two weeks.
We are also ramping up our inventory dramatically at ServoCity. We already stock more Hitec product than anyone else, and it will grow even more within the next two weeks.
We are all hobbyists at ServoCity and know exactly how frustrating it is when you cannot get the part you need quickly which is why we are taking the necessary steps to make sure that delays or even backorders do not occur. We are known for our fast shipping and we will not let you down. We thank you for your patience.
ServoTech is offline Find More Posts by ServoTech
Old Apr 08, 2002, 03:12 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,402 Posts
Just to relate a summary of the reply I got from ServoCity. HiTec is massively behind on sending ordered items to ServoCity (this includes boxes for product). So rather than hold people up, they were pulling stock out of other packaged items (like Sky Scooters and radio sets I assume) and sending them off. This applies to the HS-55's and 81's. They are expecting the situation to be relieved shortly and once again ship things as they were in the past, boxes and all.

As I said in my original post, service from ServoCity has always been EXCELLENT, I just wish they had included a note or something explaining why they shipped as they did. I don't mind what they did, I just wish I had known why, it would have saved a lot of wondering what the heck was happening. So maybe next time they might do this, or put a notice up on the website. I think it would save them and their customers some concern.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2