HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2014, 07:26 AM
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanomatic View Post
OK so i tested the eflite 3 blade corsair prop (p40 spinner) against the stock 4 blade mustang. 4 blade prop wins. Mustang flies faster and has more power in vertical climb, victory loops, etc. The plane looks better too. Retains the classic look.
Any chance on comparing to the 2-blade Champ (4-Site) propeller also?
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2014, 07:35 AM
Joined Oct 2009
130 Posts
Just picked up a USB AS3X programmer and wanted to see if you guys messed with your settings much, or just left them stock. I notice there gain setting must be fairly low (you don't see the control surfaces move very much, but you can hear the servos twitching a bit).
vinsonj is online now Find More Posts by vinsonj
Old Sep 19, 2014, 09:21 PM
Joined Oct 2009
130 Posts
Also, I thought I saw somewhere about a P-51 specific config file, but after downloading the AS3X programming package, it's not one of the aircraft listed. Are you guys just using one of the three standard setups (3D Aerobatic, High Speed, or Sport Scale) or are you using the Warbird version? Thanks...
vinsonj is online now Find More Posts by vinsonj
Old Today, 09:02 AM
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsonj View Post
Also, I thought I saw somewhere about a P-51 specific config file, but after downloading the AS3X programming package, it's not one of the aircraft listed. Are you guys just using one of the three standard setups (3D Aerobatic, High Speed, or Sport Scale) or are you using the Warbird version? Thanks...
I'd read the AS3X configuration off of your stock P-51, and adjust from there. Always nice to be able to return to factory settings.
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Old Today, 09:08 AM
United States, MD, California
Joined Jan 2014
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5 View Post
I'd read the AS3X configuration off of your stock P-51, and adjust from there. Always nice to be able to return to factory settings.
I've tended to create a default setup file based on the first read of the stock settings. It's a handy reference to have if things go wrong.
WoodyInMD is online now Find More Posts by WoodyInMD
Old Today, 09:58 AM
Joined Aug 2014
3 Posts
new CG

Hi,
further adjustments are gripping the cabin using magnets, it is now easily accessible xport connector.
I'm using the SPMA3060 option to disable activated AS3X. Aircraft UM P51 without gyra flies very bad. The Pilot has to constantly repress the elevator.
First plane should fly in a base well then improve the stabilisation.
After testing i shifted the center of gravity on 32 mm, is now a Mustang manoeuvrable even without AS3X!

petsild is offline Find More Posts by petsild
Old Today, 10:31 AM
Joined Apr 2013
642 Posts
good work petsild . The magnets are a real plus.

Also like the balance thing you made. Simple but effective!!

jack
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GoPro videos of my UMX WarBirds
Old Today, 11:04 AM
Micro enthusiast
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
781 Posts
Nice! Simple easy mods that are effective!

I always hated how my P51 battery had to sit so forward, leaving the lead to bruise the foam infront.
Groovechampion is offline Find More Posts by Groovechampion