Vienna or Graz.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:51 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
We ride the motorcycle, Andrea! From Ancona or Venezia!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:18 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
You might also check Bratislava Airport (I think Ryanair goes there from England), but be careful on the rental car, since you have to cross a border to Austria.
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:07 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
I thought this might be a handy read. http://www.graztourismus.at/cms/ziel/2865539/EN/

and in Italian. http://www.graztourismus.at/cms/ziel/2865539/I
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:11 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
I am seriously considering riding my BMW through the Balcans... It's an easy (boring?! Maybe, if it's only motorways!) 1659 km from my home to the track, and I believe I can do it in 72 hours or less, while from Venezia it's 430 km through Italy and Austria or 478 through Slovenia. However, to get to Venezia I need 48 hours... I might as well spend those riding through the Balcan countries!!!!
We shall see what is more cost efficient actually:
Doing the long way ride (3200km's worth of fuel, night stays and tolls), or doing the -boring 2-days ferry to Italy and only driving 1400 kms total?!

The BM' as we speak is getting itself a new clutch set (at 98000km, since 1998), and a full service, so it will be as reliable as ever, I guess...

As yet, I cannot confirm that I will attend the Warm Up, however, due to some serious changes to my work environment in the next couple of months, which may mean a small loss of salary in the process... Hopefully, we will get through this small crisis unharmed!
Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!
And... sponsors are welcome! You know how to find me!!!!

Meanwhile, I hear that Ed, the President of the track will come to our own FRT track in April for a 1/5 LS (car) race. So, I will see how he does THIS trip as well, and what he suggests!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:08 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
After having written the above, I did a search for flights and rental cars for both the Warm Up and the Worlds...
Interestingly enough, the cheapest for me is to fly from Athens to Vienna (175 and 179 euros respectively for the two races), and rent a car (I found at Budget the cheapest) for around 19 euros a day. (Vienna to track is around 200 km's, says Garmin's Mapsource).

A LOT cheaper than taking a ferry to Venezia/Trieste or Ancona and then drive/ride around 400+ or 850+ from Ancona, not to mention spending two days in the ferry. Riding in the Balcans, tempting and... adventurous as it may sound (it isn't, anymore, trust me!) means gasoline for 3000+ km's... so both are out of the question, when looking at those flight rates!

So, yes, I booked my flights and car rentals and now am looking into the hotels listed at www.morac-graz.at site...
My bookings are for 24-27 May and 19-27 August. I have planned an arrival on Thursday afternoon for the Warm Up and Monday afternoon for the Worlds. In both events, I am leaving Vienna at 10.30 am, on Monday, after Sunday's Finals.

At a glance, it seems the area is particularly cheap in hotels: From 16 to 38 euros per night per person...

Maybe those who have gone before to the Morac track can tell where to stay?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
350 Posts
@steliosh,

I race in graz since 2003 and go tgere almost every year. Basicly i have never had any bad experience with hitel or bed and breakfast. They had all been clean rooms and nice poeple.
Also you will find good food at reosnable prices close to the track and the tracks own food service is a good remonendation as well.
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:49 AM
Joined Jan 2012
350 Posts
hi all,

good news for all competitors of the world championchip race in kirchberg. the hosting club was in touch with the information about lowering the entry fee and lowering the prices for possibly interessted sponsors of the event.

i have attached the updated entry form to this posting.

by the way..............lightscale and roadies are proud and official sponsors of the 2013 world championchip bike in kirchberg/austria.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:45 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Is there any information how much camping will cost at the Stohr Ring for the week? Monday night to monday night? (8 days). How much will the entry fee be for a marshal/mechanic, and how much will camping and entry fee be for the Alpine-Cup at Fehring the weekend before? (Camping the friday and saturday night).

I'm getting the bits together to be there for the whole two weeks and I just wish to know costs that I need to pay for.

Oh yes, am I ok to wear an orange fluorescent jacket whilst marshaling/in the pits at the Stohr Ring or is there a colour code I need to observe? ( I hate yellow, it attracts flies ).
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:54 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
Hi Jonathan!

Entry for mechanics/marshals is of course Nothing! (Altough I would at least try to borrow an old bike from someone, to get some laps in. You are there for a full week.. )
I will check pricing for the tent.

Fehring: I don't have figures yet. Expect entry fee to be around 25 Euros, and camping 10 Euros per night. Could be less..

The orange jackets will be provided by the club, and you only have to wear them when you go out on the track.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:59 AM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Thank you Bernhard.

To be more of a troublesome pain ( I'm sorry, I don't mean to be ), would I still need to fill in an entry form for the 'Ring? if only to confirm camping details

Oh, and another thing whilst I am being a pain. What is the WiFi like at both venues? I'm going to have shed loads of pictures to upload! plus hopefully a bash at the roving reporter bit for the 2 wheel RC podcast.

Can you tell I'm getting giddy to be over there?

(Good idea about having an old bike to use by the way, I'll try to bring something with me).
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:02 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
Hello Jonathan, no Problem!

Yes, please tell them that you will need a camping space.

Regarding Wifi: Still have to check, but as far as I know the Clubs don't have one.

It will be a good week, I'm sure of that!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:29 AM
Joined Jan 2012
350 Posts
no wifi............. = hollyday
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:42 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
come on! We have to send our photos and videos, while the race is on!!!!!!!
Our readers want live reporting!!!!!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:35 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
News from Ed:

Wifi will be available!

And if you plan on camping:
There is a word document on the Homepage (http://www.morac-graz.at/rennen/2013...-wc13-home.htm), that you should fill out and send to Ed.
This also lists the prices for Camping.