HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo View Post
So if your flying with only the radio and no GCS, is carefree still possible?
No, GCS is necessary.
zerouav is offline Find More Posts by zerouav
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:08 AM
Joined Aug 2012
37 Posts
subscribed
eladberger is offline Find More Posts by eladberger
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:17 AM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
193 Posts
Where is the button to enable the orientation control on the apple GCS
hemanthtguru is offline Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
I'm not getting the 3 red blinks pattern since I upgraded to firmware 1.1. On connecting the power, the LED turns solid red for a second or so, then goes solid green. I have triple checked all my connections. My receiver is not connected. Any ideas?

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
I answered my own question - I didn't have battery cell count setup.

I've also noticed that getting and setting parameters only works for me on Android - Wifi. My PC GUI shows the realtime IMU and stick settings, but nothing but zeros in the parameters. Do the advanced parameters (motor setup) change from zero after you select aircraft type, or are they supposed to be all zeros unless you have some kind of custom setup?

Thanks,

Russ
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
[QUOTE=rampa202;22435678]I answered my own question - I didn't have battery cell count setup.

I've also noticed that getting and setting parameters only works for me on Android - Wifi. My PC GUI shows the realtime IMU and stick settings, but nothing but zeros in the parameters. Do the advanced parameters (motor setup) change from zero after you select aircraft type, or are they supposed to be all zeros unless you have some kind of custom setup?

Thanks,
As the picture below, click on "Get" button, then the parameters will display.

Name: 未命名.jpg
Views: 124
Size: 60.5 KB
Description:
zerouav is offline Find More Posts by zerouav
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:30 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Hello
I meet two concerns problem for:
upper the last one firmware nothing crosses(spends) it apré the etape 3 (Restart AP drank what is AP?)
And for use the soft in my phone, i can't send new info in my YS-X6 for modify the frecence of my servo grimbal.
Sorry for my english .
THX
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
[QUOTE=zerouav;22439902]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
I answered my own question - I didn't have battery cell count setup.

Thanks,
As the picture below, click on "Get" button, then the parameters will display.

Attachment 5081662
In the PC software when I click "get" - nothing happens. I know that I'm connected because I see the IMU data. I tried running the program as administrator, and it makes no difference. I am using the USB to serial converter that GotHeliRC sent me with the YS-X6.

Android app works fine - I can see the parameters in android.

Russ
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:01 AM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
[QUOTE=rampa202;22444500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerouav View Post

In the PC software when I click "get" - nothing happens. I know that I'm connected because I see the IMU data. I tried running the program as administrator, and it makes no difference. I am using the USB to serial converter that GotHeliRC sent me with the YS-X6.

Android app works fine - I can see the parameters in android.

Russ
hi , my friend , your problem is : in pc GCS , when you click ""get'' , there is nothing happens, did you use the lasted PC GCS SOFTWARE.
i have taken a video for it , you can see it .
test1 (1 min 40 sec)
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:32 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
As I understand it there are later versions of the software for the following and they are on the Zero UAV site:

PC dated 20120802
Android dated 20120802
Firmware dated 20120810

Can Zero UAV confirm that these must be used and if so, can the 1st post be updated.

Thanks
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:31 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,067 Posts
Resist the urge to update to the latest new thing just for the sport of it. That is unless there is a valid reason to do so. I have already been burned, crashing my copter while retuning a new firmware (my fault, but still). And in my case there was no performance to be gained from the new firmware, since I could not care less about using the Android tilt function for flying.
So personally I'm holding of any more updates until better PTZ control is implemented. Which for me would be a valid reason to update.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:54 AM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
As I understand it there are later versions of the software for the following and they are on the Zero UAV site:

PC dated 20120802
Android dated 20120802
Firmware dated 20120810

Can Zero UAV confirm that these must be used and if so, can the 1st post be updated.

Thanks
Rob
yes , those we all tested , it can be used , and from my video , the gcs date is 20110802.
thank you for your suggestion .
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:19 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Resist the urge to update to the latest new thing just for the sport of it. That is unless there is a valid reason to do so. I have already been burned, crashing my copter while retuning a new firmware (my fault, but still). And in my case there was no performance to be gained from the new firmware, since I could not care less about using the Android tilt function for flying.
So personally I'm holding of any more updates until better PTZ control is implemented. Which for me would be a valid reason to update.
I agree, I normally hold off too, but I needed to test the carefree and just as I was about to upgrade, I saw that a newer FW, Android and PC SW had been released.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
ise2012 - thanks for the video. What operating system and how may bits is your version? I got the 20120802 version of the GCS. I am using Windows7 64 bit OS. I have now tried it on two different computers - both running win7 64bit, and the "get" function does not work on either computer. I've also tried two different USB to serial converters and it works with neither. It does work in android so I don't think it is a faulty FC. I've also tried it with the receiver connected and the throttle at zero - still nothing. Here's a video showing the problem. It shows that I have a connection to the FC because the IMU data works, but the "get" function shows nothing at all. Also my "Init Setup" button doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks,

Russ

capture 1 (1 min 39 sec)
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
When I select "get" in the android app, this is what I see. So there is data in the FC parameters, but get doesn't work on the pc's I tried. Since I got the same results with two different computers it has to a conflict with

1) both of my usb to serial adapters - seems unlikely
2) conflict with windows 7 64bit - more likely

The two computers I tested this on are a desktop and a notebook. They are completely different in hardware and installed software except for the operating system - both win7 64bit.

Can anyone here running windows 7 64bit verify that the "get" function works on their pc?

Russ