HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined Oct 2008
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
More testing .....
I'm agreeing w/ you here. We'll get another update posted in the next day or so.
Thanks.
Can't beat the service!
Lee Jay is offline Find More Posts by Lee Jay
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:01 AM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
FS One Version 2.1.1 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Jay View Post
Can't beat the service!
Here's the new one w/ the tweak to the elevator trim:
http://www.fsone.com/downloader_wp.p...2.1.1.1358.exe
We will try to get the link updated on FSOne.com tomorrow.
Thanks for the suggestion!
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Oct 2008
51 Posts
Quote:
Here's the new one w/ the tweak to the elevator trim:
http://www.fsone.com/downloader_wp.p...2.1.1.1358.exe
We will try to get the link updated on FSOne.com tomorrow.
Thanks for the suggestion!
This one feels great!
Lee Jay is offline Find More Posts by Lee Jay
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:34 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Jay View Post
This one feels great!
I agree! The new version is now up on the webpages. I think the Spitfire is now my favorite giant scale warbird. If anyone tries this one (the 33% scale version), note that down elevator turns on wheel braking (during ground roll). What's cool is that if you pulse down elevator when braking, it's kind of like anti-skid braking and does not nose over as easily as it can with brakes full on.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:17 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,635 Posts
Mike,
If an airplane is prone to nose-over upon applying brakes.....
Personally, I would think it would be preferable to have them activated with up elevator!
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:46 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Good idea. Ok, I just tried this out with up elevator for brakes. It mostly works out, but when landing, up elevator during the flare turns on brakes and the grip is felt at touch down ...

I think we started adding this down-elevator brake trigger with jets, and that works well with a tricycle setup (cannot nose over). So the problem only shows up with a taildraggers.

Would you want to try out a setup w/ braking on up elevator for this Spitfire?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:30 AM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,635 Posts
I think so!
I was wondering how I could do it, but if it needs to be done in the code......?
Mike(also).
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:57 AM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,635 Posts
I know in full scale taildraggers it is a balancing act. But as you apply brakes the tail wants to come up, but it can be countered with back stick. Not enough to slam the tail down, just enough to counter the brakes.
For me, intuition would be: trike gear=forward stick for brakes, and tail draggers=back stick,
because as soon as the brakes start to grab, the tail wants to come up!
I would have it set(mixed?) so that the throttle would have to be near idle before up ele would apply the brakes.
That way takeoff wouldn't be affected.
Just thinking.....
Mike.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:45 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Ok, here's a patch that you can use to make Spitfire brakes engage with up elevator.
http://www.fsone.com/downloader_wp.p...fireBrakes.exe
You can use the same patch to go back to brakes on down elevator (following the prompts when it installs).
Let me know what you think.
I'm thinking ... I like the up-elevator version ... and this is because as you say - as soon as the brakes grab w/ down elevator, the tail comes up.

Thanks.

ps Yes, throttle mix could be setup (not sure how yet), but I'm thinking it's not going to be needed.
Last edited by MSelig; Nov 08, 2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:47 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
@MSelig

Any news about a demo?
Looking for a new Plane RC simulator.

Either Reaflight or FSOne v2.
Realflight demo runs fine on my system, not sure about FSOne v2. Would help to get some sort of demo so I can compare the two.

Cheers!
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:41 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzom View Post
@MSelig

Any news about a demo?
Looking for a new Plane RC simulator.

Either Reaflight or FSOne v2.
Realflight demo runs fine on my system, not sure about FSOne v2. Would help to get some sort of demo so I can compare the two.

Cheers!
Puzom (Mike),

No demo yet, but you can always ask again ... (but you'd be wasting time waiting!!!).

From your other posts, your computer sounds very much up to the task of running FS One. A demo would not teach you anything new. What are your computer specs?

I think the question really comes down to how much realism you want (none, some, or as much as possible). If you want to see a parade of airplanes flying along nearly straight and level, then all simulators will look the same (airplane on a magic carpet and to heck w/ F=ma). If you really want to see the magic of what your computer can do running the best aerodynamics modeling that I can think up, then FS One is a good investment and you'll never look back.

So I have a question for you: do you fly airplanes in real, how often, and do you care about realness in a sim?
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:10 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Puzom (Mike),

No demo yet, but you can always ask again ... (but you'd be wasting time waiting!!!).

From your other posts, your computer sounds very much up to the task of running FS One. A demo would not teach you anything new. What are your computer specs?

I think the question really comes down to how much realism you want (none, some, or as much as possible). If you want to see a parade of airplanes flying along nearly straight and level, then all simulators will look the same (airplane on a magic carpet and to heck w/ F=ma). If you really want to see the magic of what your computer can do running the best aerodynamics modeling that I can think up, then FS One is a good investment and you'll never look back.

So I have a question for you: do you fly airplanes in real, how often, and do you care about realness in a sim?
My system is a pretty old one, Dell XPS M1710 laptop.
Yes I do fly airplanes in real and whenever I have the chance I go out to the field
But for those rainy days I would like to use a sim which comes close to the real thing.

I currently own PhoenixRC, great for helis, not so for planes. Owned Aerofly5 but sold it as my laptop had a hard time with it after the latest patches.
Realflight 6 demo worked great and a buddy of mine bought it last week. He's really happy with it and I agree it feels real after testing it with him.

I'm sure FSOne is a good sim, but for me it helps to test the sim myself first.
So far I was able to test all sims, either at friends or shops. But none have FSOne.

So the better option for me would be RF6.5 as I don't think FSOne will have a demo soon.

Cheers!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:21 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Puzom, From your other posts, looks like you're into some aerobatics. I've made two new videos for you - giant scale 3D aerobatics. Here you go - below! All of them and more are on www.fsone.com now (from the gallery page). Thanks for your thoughts.

35%-Scale Sbach 342 in FS One V2 (2 min 59 sec)

35% Extra 260 by Hangar 9 - Flying in FS One V2 (2 min 44 sec)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Puzom, From your other posts, looks like you're into some aerobatics. I've made two new videos for you - giant scale 3D aerobatics. Here you go - below! All of them and more are on www.fsone.com now (from the gallery page). Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks for your time and the vids, they look good.
But I was able to test Real Flight 6.5 some more and really like how the planes react in Real Flight. So I've bought 6.5 two days ago.

Cheers!
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:23 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
500 Posts
Just for kicks -- flying without air?
"Aerials" with the Sbach 342 (4 min 0 sec)