HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2014, 06:11 PM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Dec 2009
370 Posts
It's already got unlimited vertical, how much more power do you need?
Yeti1234 is offline Find More Posts by Yeti1234
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2014, 06:36 PM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloBau View Post
I have two Eflite BL25 motors. One in my Yak and one in a Multiplex Tucan.

I don't want to change the Yak's setup, it has more than enough power for a 3D plane.

But I was desperately searching for a 5S motor for the Tucan and couldn't find something that fits well.

Unfortunately there is only very few information about the BL 25, but it's a very strong motor, thats for sure.
Multiplex has 5s power systems available for the Tucan. Maybe just check with your local distributor. Being Multiplex, they probably are going to be expensive though.
TomC is online now Find More Posts by TomC
Old Jul 04, 2014, 06:57 AM
Germany, BW, Weinheim
Joined Sep 2012
353 Posts
Yes I know this MPX power system.

The power system is quite weak and does not fit the Tucan very well in my opinion, so I will stick to my BL 25 perhaps with better batteries, 45C or something.
FloBau is offline Find More Posts by FloBau
Last edited by FloBau; Jul 04, 2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2014, 02:50 AM
Joined May 2014
59 Posts
Have edited a little video these days as i found the video of the maiden flight 2 years ago. I got it from a few friends together as a birthday present for my 30st and they make a little fun of my flying skills on maiden, saying things like... "Come on, when do you hover?" or "When your plane still lives in a year we do another video, that should be better, but i dont think it lives "

Now 2 years later it still lives and as i see the maiden again i just had do do another video Only mods are side force generators and a 13x4 APC prop

Carbon-Z Yak nach 2 Jahren (5 min 17 sec)
Dermensch is online now Find More Posts by Dermensch
Old Sep 07, 2014, 02:10 PM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jan 2004
967 Posts
Not sure what is going on after I rebuilt from an accident.
Motor needed new shaft
New APC prop
ESC destroyed and replaced with TALON90. ALSO I verified programming and firmware

One get half power. Also, odd sound coming from motor. Possibly motor wires rubbing on bell as it spins?

Hmmmm

Motor issue?
http://youtu.be/GZb2cE_BnLY?list=UUn...THkmNAp5EkoaJQ

Odd sound
http://youtu.be/XKB74zs5-sk?list=UUn...THkmNAp5EkoaJQ
eroeder is offline Find More Posts by eroeder
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2014, 04:47 PM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,345 Posts
Looks/sounds like a motor timing and/or pwm frequency problem. I'd try med/hi timing (15-20 deg) and pwm frequency = 8khz to start with. Also, turn the over-current protection down to low.

Also, if you bent the motor shaft you probably have also damaged the motor bearings (or at least the front one) so you may need to replace these.
TomC is online now Find More Posts by TomC
Old Sep 07, 2014, 08:43 PM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jan 2004
967 Posts
Thanks! Ill give it a look!
eroeder is offline Find More Posts by eroeder
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2014, 07:59 AM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Canada, QC, Pointe-Claire
Joined Jun 2011
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermensch View Post
Now 2 years later it still lives and as i see the maiden again i just had do do another video Only mods are side force generators and a 13x4 APC prop
Nice to see that these birds can have long life spans and still remain very aerobatic. I know many look down on them as they are just a "foamy", but a damm fine one!!
And great flying, cheers
teckbot is online now Find More Posts by teckbot
Old Sep 15, 2014, 07:22 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,991 Posts
I finally found the solution to beef up the landing gear. I do a lot of practice landings and touch-and-goes with the Yak because I only have two planes with wheels. Along the way there were countless numbers of prop strikes that were due to the springiness of the gear. I also lost track of the number of times I removed the LG and straightened them in a vise. Now it's much more steady when taxiing and landing, and not so likely to bounce.

I did some serious testing before making this post, and can confidently say the gear is now rock solid. Hopefully the days of removing and straightening the LG are over.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx