New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2015, 04:37 AM
Find More Posts by PaulB
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,436 Posts
Futaba T9C Slider Pot for Throttle Hold??

Hi Guys (and Girls),

I have always had problems hitting my throttle hold switch when in a panic due to having quite small hands and fingers. I just find it uncomfortable to fly with my finger permanently on the switch and when the ‘you know what’ hits the fan I keep missing or the model is doing a dead chicken dance on the ground before I get near!!!!

As you all know, on this transmitter you cannot re-assign the throttle hold switch but to re-solder the wires onto another switch would be no problem (or even to mechanically swap the switch out with another one). However, there still isn’t a position on the case where I can comfortable fly with a finger resting on a switch.

My fingers naturally lie on the 2 sliders on the side of the case when flying and the right hand one is currently assigned to Gyro gain which obviously, once it is set is rarely used and could easily be assigned over to the left hand one (or just deactivated).

My question is, could I re-wire the slider’s Pot to act as a switch and then solder the wires from the throttle hold switch to it? Obviously it would be best to have ‘on’ at full travel one way and ‘off’ at full travel in the other direction so that when in a panic I would just have to flip the slider fully down.

Yes, I can happily solder wires and I do have a digital Multi Meter but electronics are pretty much Black Magic to me so sorry, any talk of resistors and stuff is going to go right over my head (unless is a simple ‘purchase item A and solder it between the red and blue wires’ kind of answer).

Thanks for any help in advance,

PaulB is online now Find More Posts by PaulB
to remove ads between posts