SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 02, 2015, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by vogel605
Joined Jan 2010
40 Posts
Globe Swift

Hey guys I'm still here, b_vogel@fuse.net Joey has been super busy with his day job so be patient with him getting back with ya. I can assure you he's still cutting the short kits for the Swift.
Have a great day,
Barry
vogel605 is offline Find More Posts by vogel605
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2015, 02:07 PM
Find More Posts by mgutzmer
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
His guys. just an update on my ordering the short kit. I received an email from Jennifer Leach on where to send the check. The price has gone up from $180 to $195 and it will be about 3 weeks. Indiana Air Works in Flat Rock, IN. So everything should come together by next month. Hope I can find the time to work on it soon.
mgutzmer is offline Find More Posts by mgutzmer
Old May 14, 2015, 03:19 PM
Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Expert in sawdust production
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Aug 2007
1,621 Posts
Joe does good work I have several short kits he has cut for me.
flyerinokc is offline Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Old May 15, 2015, 02:47 PM
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
Received the plans in the mail today and did a quick look over. Had to pull out the DLE 55 and compare it to the plans. Looks like a good match. I like having more power. Looking forward to the rest of it.
Old May 20, 2015, 07:10 PM
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
Well since reviewing the Swift plans I realize that I will need some help on this project. Im sure there are some locals that can do that, but many of you here have first hand experience with this aircraft. I am open to any assistance from anyone willing to offer it.
I know Erik has offered a CD with helpful info, and I look forward to that.
My main and first concern is getting started. How to jig the main components to get a straight build. But that is some time away from now, just thinking ahead some.
I have found SIG Mfg. company to be the best supplier for balsa. Still working on that future list of materiel's. The flap and aileron servos will be moved and the LG will be purchased. I dont see any reason to follow the plans strictly.
As for now I am planing on glassing the entire surface. I built two SIG King Kobra's in the past 4 years, one with Monokote, the other with 3/4 Oz cloth and resin. the difference in weight was only 8 Oz.
So if anyone has any hard learned lessons they want to share, I am more than willing to listen.
Here is my email address:M_gutzmer@Yahoo.com
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
Today I received the short kit in the mail. More than a week early! Everything is really well done and there are more parts than I thought there would be. Even the wing tip's. I took photos of the many parts laid out across my bench, but I never uploaded any to rcgroups before. I would be more than happy to post a photo if someone can tell me how.
Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM
Find More Posts by EJWash1
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,582 Posts
Start a new post ("post reply" window) within this thread.

Enter your text.

Scroll-down, and you will see a bar titled, "Files". Select, " Drag Files Here or Click to Browse". Insert your pics files.

Once you select the pics files, you have the option to place them in your chosen order, and insert comment text.

EJ
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
1/4 scale Globe Swift short kit.
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM
Find More Posts by EJWash1
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,582 Posts
Looks exactly like the short kit I have packed away in my stash!

EJ
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1