Old Apr 06, 2015, 11:46 PM
Find More Posts by deadzone
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinefancy View Post

Deadzone,
Can the stabilization on the Lemon Rx dampen out the jittery-ness from flying in gusty conditions like you see in the above video(s)?
Absolutely, MM flies much better in wind with the Lemon stabilizer.. I highly recommend it. For $20 it' s a no-brainer if you have a Spektrum radio. I have gains relatively low, about 9 oclock position for aileron and 1030 for rudder and elevator.
deadzone is offline Find More Posts by deadzone
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2015, 01:17 AM
Find More Posts by phoam
KE your SS
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,390 Posts
I use a mix of Orange and Lemon receivers with my DX9 for their ability to function at a lower voltage than the Spekies too. I have had hundreds of flights on Spek receivers however and still have some in use. Never experienced a brownout from either brand.

I assumed the 3A BEC in the stock ESC would be adequate enough to keep the voltage high enough for any receiver though.
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Apr 07, 2015, 01:22 AM
Find More Posts by phoam
KE your SS
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinefancy View Post
Phoam, drop by and visit our field when you are nearby. You can fly as a visitor if you have AMA. I also fly at Blackstar at Silverado, very picturesque surroundings.

http://youtu.be/dobD0YwUnkk
Thanks very much for the invite. I do have AMA but your field is a bit far to drag my planes out there. It's def not too far for a ride on the motorbike though. I still ride over Ortega to the Cook's Corner biker bar for lunch every couple months just east of Irvine.

You ain't kidding about the picturesque Blackstar Cyn. I used to ride my mountain bike there. There's a super scenic 20-mile dirt trail that starts at the end of Blackstar and loops around through the mountains and eventually lets out at the end of Silverado Cyn. Then it's a 6-mile, downhill paved ride back through Silverado and Blackstar back to the truck. The elevation gains and the view really take your breath away up on that trail!

I don't know where anyone would fly there in the canyon though?? That vid is set to private too
Old Apr 07, 2015, 01:52 AM
Find More Posts by turbinefancy
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
821 Posts
Deadzone,

I will try the Lemon out so viewers would be less likely to get "motionsic" (my handle on youtube). Thanks for the recommendation.

Phoam,

Not renegade flying, just in a different part of the area I guess. OCMA is quite a large club that flies at Blackstar next to Irvine Lake. A lot of giant scale flyers actually. Many of them were grounded due to gusty winds yesterday. I wasn't afraid to crash my MM so had the field mostly to myself

Set to 1080p please.
https://youtu.be/dobD0YwUnkk?t=55s
turbinefancy is offline Find More Posts by turbinefancy
Old Apr 07, 2015, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by deadzone
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam View Post
I use a mix of Orange and Lemon receivers with my DX9 for their ability to function at a lower voltage than the Spekies too. I have had hundreds of flights on Spek receivers however and still have some in use. Never experienced a brownout from either brand.

I assumed the 3A BEC in the stock ESC would be adequate enough to keep the voltage high enough for any receiver though.
I have experienced major brownouts using two different Orange DSM2 receivers (one regular and one stability rx), I will never touch those things again. After happening multiple times, one causing catastrophic crash, I realized it was no coincidence. Switched to Lemon and never experienced a single brown-out or signal loss of note.
deadzone is offline Find More Posts by deadzone
Old Apr 07, 2015, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by phoam
KE your SS
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,390 Posts
Oh, so the field is off of Blue Diamond Rd rather than Blackstar Canyon Rd. That looks like a heck of a place to fly right next to the lake. And paved! I'm gonna have a look next time I'm in the area.
Old Apr 07, 2015, 11:13 PM
Find More Posts by skawt01
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Apr 2014
24 Posts
[QUOTE=deadzone;31277155]I have experienced major brownouts using two different Orange DSM2 receivers (one regular and one stability rx), I will never touch those things again. After happening multiple times, one causing catastrophic crash, I realized it was no coincidence. Switched to Lemon and never experienced a single brown-out or signal loss of note.[/QUOTE

+1 Lost my big Radian last week with an Orange DSM2 Rx on board. Had a few momentary losses of signal in my other planes but this was the first time I've lost complete control of a bird due to the Orange p.o.s. Using Lemon and Spektrum here on out.
skawt01 is offline Find More Posts by skawt01
Old Apr 07, 2015, 11:21 PM
wishing for Tomcat...
Joined Jun 2009
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam View Post
Oh, so the field is off of Blue Diamond Rd rather than Blackstar Canyon Rd. That looks like a heck of a place to fly right next to the lake. And paved! I'm gonna have a look next time I'm in the area.
You got it! At the end of Blue Diamond Haul Rd, to be exact. There is a locked gate however at field entrance. You can walk in or coordinate with me (PM) if you want to bring something to fly.
http://www.rcgroups.com/place/45-bob...9-silverado-ca
Old Apr 18, 2015, 03:06 PM
Find More Posts by jamesdr
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,532 Posts
Strapped an 808 type camera to my MM and took some inflight video. Ignore the date stamp - I forgot to set the date,the video was shot today (4/16/15).

Millennium Master Flight (7 min 4 sec)

Enjoy!

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:17 AM
wishing for Tomcat...
Joined Jun 2009
821 Posts
Jim,
Nice flight! Action packed and a greased landing.
May I offer a suggestion? Slide the nose wheel collar further in to minimize the wheel from moving side to side. Should result in more precise ground control. All for fun
Last edited by turbinefancy; Apr 19, 2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 08:40 PM
Find More Posts by jamesdr
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,532 Posts
I'll do that - you don't realize just how sloppy it is until you see the video bouncing and and twisting around.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Yesterday, 03:52 AM
wishing for Tomcat...
Joined Jun 2009
821 Posts
Bogies, twelve o'clock high!

Here's another video, flying formation/dog fight with a PZ -28 and a Dynam T-28. View in HD please. Great fun!
Millenium Master vs. T-28 x 2 (7 min 34 sec)
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by mickydee
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,781 Posts
Hey Turbinefancy,

Nice video! Where were you flying at?
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM
wishing for Tomcat...
Joined Jun 2009
821 Posts
Thanks

Orange Coast RC Club at OC Great Park, Irvine, CA. Used to be known as El Toro Marine Air Station.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/OC...e81ec4454adbce
Last edited by turbinefancy; Yesterday at 07:48 PM.