Old Dec 05, 2010, 11:58 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling1984 View Post
No response yet from WowHobbies.
I wouldn't expect one over the weekend. Seems like Jonathan usually answers email on weekday afternoons.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Dec 06, 2010, 01:44 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Get this and you'll get 8' flight or more...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Hi AC,

So, I got a pair of these ESCs. I just installed it on my main bird, but haven't flown it yet. I have confirmed that it spins in the proper direction and all that. I'm wondering if you have gotten into the programming functions of the ESC yet?

I tried to do the 'throttle range setting' and get into the programming functions, and I can't seem to do either. I'm not really sure that I need to, except that the manual recommends changing the start mode to 'soft' or 'super-soft' from 'normal' for helicopters. I'm not sure what they mean by the 56712 beep, unless they are relating the numbers to the notes on a musical scale. Any advice?

Rafa
Old Dec 06, 2010, 03:32 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Hi AC,

So, I got a pair of these ESCs. I just installed it on my main bird, but haven't flown it yet. I have confirmed that it spins in the proper direction and all that. I'm wondering if you have gotten into the programming functions of the ESC yet?

I tried to do the 'throttle range setting' and get into the programming functions, and I can't seem to do either. I'm not really sure that I need to, except that the manual recommends changing the start mode to 'soft' or 'super-soft' from 'normal' for helicopters. I'm not sure what they mean by the 56712 beep, unless they are relating the numbers to the notes on a musical scale. Any advice?

Rafa
I picked up the same ESC's Rafa on advice from AC, but im yet to fit it. There is a little work around for the 2801TX to get into the ESC programming mode. There should have been a programming sheet that came with your ESC that defines any programmable parameters.

Have a read of this link to find out how to get into the ESC programming mode when using a 2801tx- http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...66&postcount=1

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Dec 06, 2010, 06:43 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Hi AC,

Rafa
Hey Rafa, I've use another old 72Mhz TX to program it then after swap it back to heli.But i did use it as stock when received and heli is flying fine too, no need to program(brake is disabled by default).Just raise on max 2801 throtle and power it then lower stick after the first beep.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Dec 06, 2010, 08:57 AM
Joined Sep 2010
475 Posts
Quote:
Hi AC,

Rafa
I'v got that ESC too, in fact a 35A one for me, and the programming mode works perfect, there is no menu option but 16 option (1 to 16beep) to choose.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:04 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
I picked up the same ESC's Rafa on advice from AC, but im yet to fit it. There is a little work around for the 2801TX to get into the ESC programming mode. There should have been a programming sheet that came with your ESC that defines any programmable parameters.

Have a read of this link to find out how to get into the ESC programming mode when using a 2801tx- http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...66&postcount=1

Mick
Thanks guys! The helifreak link did the trick--almost. I wound up powering the rx using my second heli, but when I connected the new esc without a battery, it would only make a very light click at a one second interval. I then decided to go ahead and power the new esc with another battery, and then it did all it's little tricks. I'm guessing that the current being fed thru the rx was not enough to power that huge capacitor. Anyway, I was able to set the throttle limits, and also enter the programming modes to change the start setting to 'super-soft'. (I never did try the normal mode, I'll have to go back and try it that way too.)

The heli sounds and feels very different. The curve must also be a bit different (or an effect of the delay), as head speed actually goes up a bit now when I pump the throttle. Also, at the end of 4 minutes, my voltages were 3.85V/cell, up from 3.80V (just hoverin' about). (AC, you're a genius!) It was near freezing this morning, but battery and motor were both cool to the touch. I guess I'll start upping my timer a bit now.. .. ...

Thanks again,

Rafa
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:27 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys! The helifreak link did the trick--almost. I wound up powering the rx using my second heli, but when I connected the new esc without a battery, it would only make a very light click at a one second interval. I then decided to go ahead and power the new esc with another battery, and then it did all it's little tricks. I'm guessing that the current being fed thru the rx was not enough to power that huge capacitor. Anyway, I was able to set the throttle limits, and also enter the programming modes to change the start setting to 'super-soft'. (I never did try the normal mode, I'll have to go back and try it that way too.)

The heli sounds and feels very different. The curve must also be a bit different (or an effect of the delay), as head speed actually goes up a bit now when I pump the throttle. Also, at the end of 4 minutes, my voltages were 3.85V/cell, up from 3.80V (just hoverin' about). (AC, you're a genius!) It was near freezing this morning, but battery and motor were both cool to the touch. I guess I'll start upping my timer a bit now.. .. ...

Thanks again,

Rafa
You know what. i try to use the stock walker Esc on my Blade 400 and it even did not regconize Rx when binding! seems it's programmed for only Walker RX,holy crap!
You'll love the yellow one, just fly as many lipos as you wants, never worry about heat again!
happy holidays flight!
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Dec 06, 2010, 04:26 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Here is the vid Manny did of a completely stock 4F200 right out of the box. It will do some 3D for sure. Wish I was able to wring out a heli like he does but oh well. I'm still having fun.

Walkera 4F200 3d flight with WowHobbies.com adjustments (3 min 7 sec)
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:40 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Here is the vid Manny did of a completely stock 4F200 right out of the box. It will do some 3D for sure. Wish I was able to wring out a heli like he does but oh well. I'm still having fun.
You know Daryl, Manny and you always seem to get the best and most reliable Walkera products that flies straight out of the box with few problems afterwards. I completely agree with you that this heli is an excellent flyer but I have only been able to have one flight with it before it became unflyable.

At least two persons have had duds so far: earthling1984 and me. What we really need is long term reports from more modellers.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 06, 2010, 10:00 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
You know Daryl, Manny and you always seem to get the best and most reliable Walkera products that flies straight out of the box with few problems afterwards. I completely agree with you that this heli is an excellent flyer but I have only been able to have one flight with it before it became unflyable.

At least two persons have had duds so far: earthling1984 and me. What we really need is long term reports from more modellers.
Unfortunately most people dont come to a forum and say it worked fine... so there is typically a far higher incidence of fault reports on the Internet (as a proportion of reports) than the incidence of actual faults.

Its entirely possible that Manny got a good one, none of the WKs I've bought have had problems out of the box (aside from minor setup things that I'm sure he checked for and corrected).
desertstalker is offline Find More Posts by desertstalker
Old Dec 06, 2010, 10:12 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstalker View Post
Unfortunately most people dont come to a forum and say it worked fine... so there is typically a far higher incidence of fault reports on the Internet (as a proportion of reports) than the incidence of actual faults.

Its entirely possible that Manny got a good one, none of the WKs I've bought have had problems out of the box (aside from minor setup things that I'm sure he checked for and corrected).
You know, I have had two Walkera helis so far that has given me really bad problems: 4g6 and 4F200. Both did fly out of box but problems came within a few flights. I also have CB100, CB180D, 4#6 and V200D01 which are relatively problem free. However, there was a serious incident when the receiver of the CB180D burnt out right after I attached the battery and I burnt myself.

So I wonder whether I am getting really bad luck. My point is knowing that it is for a review, would Wow carry out extra checks before it is sent out to Daryl and Manny? I think any vendor would in this situation. I have been an Internet vendor before for other products and I certainly did that. I don't blame Daryl, Manny, or Wow as afterall, they do not work for Walkera. Their reviews are definitely highly helpful and appreciated. Of course, it is possible that Wow carries out the same checks on the other helis they send out.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Dec 07, 2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:03 AM
Joined Sep 2009
292 Posts
Hey all. So I had the problem with my 2801 TX being defective and crashing my brand new 4F200 and my 4G6.

I was being overly careful to *not* crash my 4F200. I had only 3 flights on it, and was taking it slow, only doing normal/easy forward flight(I am capable of inverted flight). Then the heli lost signal/control and crashed. Then with same transmitter this happened to my 4G6. I now stopped using transmitter.

I contacted wowhobbies and asked if I could return the whole defective order for a full refund. I was told I could send back the TX to be 'inspected' but that is it. Also, their email about the send back/RMA of the transmitter... They did *not* include an address to ship to, or an RMA number... Then they sent me 2 more emails... First one with an RMA number, no address... then a 3rd email, saying 'sorry wrong RMA number, here is the correct one'... but again, no address or instructions for shipping...

I am very unhappy with WOWhobbies right now. If you sell products that don't work, they should be returnable. I mean, if I went to a store, and purchased a CD that wouldn't play in my CD player, would they let me return the CD... YES...

If I purchased a computer and the mouse wouldn't work because there was some problem with the plug in the back of the computer, could I return the PC... YES...

If I purchased a defective transmitter and helicopter, that causes itself to crash... can I return it... NO?!?

I used to praise wowhobbies. I have over over 3,000 subscribers and counting on youtube. I have over 500 videos, most of which on RC products and reviews... No longer will I point people to wowhobbies or praise this company...

I basically spend $350+ on this helicopter/TX combo, and now it is 100% worthless... to get it working again, I would have to spend about $100 on repairs and a new transmitter...

Wowhobbies, you really let me down... and you lost a very good customer... I have spend hundreds at wowhobbies in the past month, and have been happy with their shipping times. I'm not happy anymore...
earthling1984 is offline Find More Posts by earthling1984
Last edited by earthling1984; Dec 07, 2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:14 AM
USA, IL, Evansville
Joined Oct 2010
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
If you find a CP like that let me know. I currently have a 4G6 and I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Every time I think I'm getting better I do something stupid, it gets away from me and costs $20 to fix.

Dan
get the 2610v version 2 rx wow sells em but i dunno who else does.... it the 3 axis gyro helps alot mann try it
chiefs_nut_58 is offline Find More Posts by chiefs_nut_58
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:57 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post

Sorry it hasn't worked out as well for the 2 of you. I am a bit surprised though since I have had at least 35 full flights out of my 4F200 (including a few hard crashes due to dumb thumbs) and she still is solid as the first day. I also have a 4G6 with the 2610V Rx that is my daily flyer. It has to have over 100 flights so far and she still is the best little CP heli I have. I don't work for Wow nor Walkera so all the helis and parts are the same as the ones that are sold online. Wish I could help the guys having problems cause there is nothing worse than spending your hard earned money on something that just doesn't work. The thing is, I use the 2801Pro Tx and Rx's in all kinds of applications (i.e., T450Pro G3 FBL, Gaui X5 FBL Skookum720, T250, Gaui 255, etc.) without incident. Maybe I am just lucky with this stuff. Don't know. I know most of you are not newbies, but if I can help in anyway, LMK by PM.

Darryl
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji