SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:16 PM
United States, FL, St Augustine
Joined Sep 2014
9 Posts
Discussion
NEEWER Mystery Cloud-100a ESC

yeah i know its cheap, but ive been all over looking for programming instructions and all i see is frustrated people like myself. Description i bought it for was "Mystery 100amp LiPo cool water brushless speed controller for boat" all the programming i have found does n ot work . I have managed to be able to change between lipo settings (ie 2s-6s) and forward nd reverse OR forward only nd thats about it mine has 6 main options .1st option has 7 sub options, which are battery settings 2nd option has 3 sub options which i have no idea what they are, 3rd option has 3 sub options (1st is forward only and 2 is forward and reverse, no clue what 3rd sob option does) 4th option has 5 sub options, 5th option has 3 sub options, and 6th option has 2 sub options which i believe is the RPM limit settings. It doesnt line up with any of the programming instructions i have found . ive tried ALL settings and options and my main concern is getting the "soft start" turned off.....it drives me nuts. Honestly ive got another ESC and took water block off and put regular heat sink on and put in my car so u can only imagine how annoying it is with soft start and the 4s lipos kick in after a second or two... Any help would be appreciated...
ehall8702 is offline Find More Posts by ehall8702
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2014, 03:50 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,116 Posts
Hi ehall8702,

I use these instructions for my Mystery ESC's and did manage to get all of them working:
http://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&...76247554,d.ZWU

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Oct 02, 2014, 12:45 PM
United States, FL, St Augustine
Joined Sep 2014
9 Posts
those are the ones I have tried to use but only can change battery section and forward/reverse ( as far as I can tell) ohh well ill keep it for a back up esc as soft start isn't an issue on the water. I just ddont want timing settings to ruin a motor because idk what itstset to.
ehall8702 is offline Find More Posts by ehall8702
Old Oct 16, 2014, 06:46 PM
Sunny Springer
United States, NJ, Clark
Joined Jul 2007
19 Posts
Walt P here and I can relate to your fustrations with MYSTERY ESC's. I can't believe they send out a product without instructions or a way to contact them. I have their 80amp Cloud and a 70 amp UBEC and I don't know what to do.
walt pommnitz is offline Find More Posts by walt pommnitz
Old Oct 18, 2014, 07:24 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,331 Posts
This should be it i am thinking. Cant hurt to try, its made by mystery.
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:18 AM
Joined Oct 2014
52 Posts
Thanks
scorpion 1 the manual is a great help have just got a 200 first one I have bought, it is going into a second spartan boat with mod setup arrangement andain thanks
PTSkipper is offline Find More Posts by PTSkipper
Old Oct 29, 2014, 05:09 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,116 Posts
All cheap ESC's should be checked;

- take off the shrinkwrap.
- lift the (water)cooler from the Fets.
- check how many Fets actually touch the cooler. (see picture below)
- file the Fets into one plane and refit the cooler with a light smear of heatconducting paste.
- put on new shrinkwrap.
- if your boat isn't 100% dry after a run, seal the shrinkwrap to avoid shorting out the ESC.

The light spots show where the Fets had physical contact with the cooler...:

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled