HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:44 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,932 Posts
Help!
Futaba 7C --- trimming after mixing flaps/airbrake

In order to help with landings on my F-9F Cougar I wanted to mix in some slight up aileron to simulate washout.
Using the airbrake feature I got the flaps, elev & ails all working together when I flip the G switch.
And then I can still dial in more flap the VR knob if needed.

Dialing in the elev trim was simple enough in the airbrake mix. (two servos in one channel on a Y).

It trims out fine for straight and level flight (no flaps), but I'm puzzled at how to trim out the slight aileron roll when the flaps/airbrake switch is thrown.
The ails are on separate servos, one in ch 1, the other in ch 7.

I see the differential mix in the flaprn mix.
But I didn't want to monkey around with anything else until I get some knowledgeable advice.
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:28 PM
KingtechUSA
Tampa FL
Joined Apr 2009
2,878 Posts
The one to talk to is Bob B.

I have an 8FG on 14 channels and I use the airbrake function to slow the flaps and also add some elevator trim and crow up the ailerons for landing. If your radio programming is anything like mine I can adjust each aileron on how much they go up. Just make one come up a little more then the other to trim it out.

I wish Futaba made a radio with good flight conditions without going to the mega expensive radios.
gunradd is offline Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:37 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,978 Posts
Boogie_ Here's a link that may come in handy at some point.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...w+on+futaba+7c

Step-by-Step: Futaba FASST 7C, 4-servo wing, V-Tail, Crow Complete Guide
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:11 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
In order to help with landings on my F-9F Cougar I wanted to mix in some slight up aileron to simulate washout.
Using the airbrake feature I got the flaps, elev & ails all working together when I flip the G switch.
And then I can still dial in more flap the VR knob if needed.

Dialing in the elev trim was simple enough in the airbrake mix. (two servos in one channel on a Y).

It trims out fine for straight and level flight (no flaps), but I'm puzzled at how to trim out the slight aileron roll when the flaps/airbrake switch is thrown.
The ails are on separate servos, one in ch 1, the other in ch 7.

I see the differential mix in the flaprn mix.
But I didn't want to monkey around with anything else until I get some knowledgeable advice.
I had this same issue with my Het F18, what I did to deal with it was I ungrouped my trims so that I had to trim each flight condition seperately this took care of the issue but really something else is the problem like one wing is heavier than the other or right to left wing panel incidence is off or flaps are not dropping an equal amount due to control linkage geometry their can be a few causes anyway not sure if your 7c can ungroup trimming as I am using a 12fg but its worth a shot.
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:24 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunradd View Post
The one to talk to is Bob B.

I have an 8FG on 14 channels and I use the airbrake function to slow the flaps and also add some elevator trim and crow up the ailerons for landing. If your radio programming is anything like mine I can adjust each aileron on how much they go up. Just make one come up a little more then the other to trim it out.

I wish Futaba made a radio with good flight conditions without going to the mega expensive radios.
12fg has great programming and great flight conditions.....awesome radio and maybe at one time it was mega expensive but now that they are discontinued you can pick them up used for a great value.
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:27 PM
KingtechUSA
Tampa FL
Joined Apr 2009
2,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
12fg has great programming and great flight conditions.....awesome radio and maybe at one time it was mega expensive but now that they are discontinued you can pick them up used for a great value.
That is exactly what I am looking for When ever I find a good deal I will pick one up.
gunradd is offline Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:42 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,932 Posts
Thanks for the tips and the link.
I have something to go on now.
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_