SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:33 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,456 Posts
Discussion
FBL intro from fb helis ?

I have been flying 4 ch fp helis for months now plus quads. V911's/ S/P 260A/ MQX/ Ladybird V1's T-rex 100X etc. I recently bough Super F/P and it scoots hard to rear and wants to tip hard to right. Tried my V200D01 and much better but its to big for indoors. My V100D01 is better than Super F/P but similar problem. I assume its me but flying quads should be similar to a point. Super F/P I notice head speed is much faster than the rest. The MQX is shaky as I only have basic game boy tx. Super F/P using Devo 7 on tame settings. I may try it on same radio as V200D01 as its a 2402D. On sim I fly evey type heli on Great planes 6.5 set-up and no problems. I know sim is unreal but should help some what. Have some nice purdy c/p helis on back burner needing to fly in near future....> Thanks,Dan

Just tried a Genius c/p for knick and had it flying a little. It was similar to V200D01 and not acting to bad. I'm sure its me but why would the little c/p handle better than the fbl ??F/P
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Dec 04, 2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Updated
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:07 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Flybarless micros are highly effected by air currents close to the floor, quads are not. In addition, flybarless FP helis tend to have more handling quirks than flybarless CP helis because the flybarless control system has to handle more variable and usually lower headspeed.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:27 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Just tried a Genius c/p for knick and had it flying a little. It was similar to V200D01 and not acting to bad. I'm sure its me but why would the little c/p handle better than the fbl ??F/P
Wind. I just got a new spare v911 this afternoon and tried it outdoors. I've been flying the GeniusCP in idle up mode and it got to the point where i can fly it around regardless of how gusty the wind is. When i flew the v911, wind carried it up and i had to practically shut off the motor to get it to come down. When the wind died and it did come down, the headspeed was so low it couldn't power out of the fall and pretty much crashed. I'd be flying normally if i had been flying the GeniusCP.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:57 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Flybarless micros are highly effected by air currents close to the floor, quads are not. In addition, flybarless FP helis tend to have more handling quirks than flybarless CP helis because the flybarless control system has to handle more variable and usually lower headspeed.

Thanks for info and what you described is right on target. Tell you something that little Genius is very smooth running.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:37 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
I had a Genius, too. I thought it was about the best product Walkera has ever made. The motor is definitely the best brushed motor they ever had. My only issue with it was short flight times, especially after the stock batteries have been charged a number of times. I don't think 6 axis mode does much, either. I had lots of fun trying to fly my Genius 2" from an epoxy covered floor (very smooth and slippery). I do the same with my micro quads. It's great practice.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:44 PM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
618 Posts
Getting your hands around a decent radio would also help. I started with the DX6i when I bought my mQX. Worth its weight in gold in the beginner hands.

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:19 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,456 Posts
I am thinking real hard about a DX6i. With MQX rtf I also bought a new McP-x c/p bnf. It came with just heli/ new battery new in box. I don't have a radio to fly it yet. I really don't want a DX4e/DX5e either as it will not be good for bigger birds.
Only consider a DX5e if real reasonable. For Walkrea I have two Devo7 TX's that just work dandy.