HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2014, 09:37 AM
SC1
United States, LA, Zachary
Joined Jul 2003
356 Posts
Discussion
New Great Planes mid-size Extra...

Couldn't find a thread anywhere here on this; sorry for the repeat if I missed one.

I have a Power 32 and matching ESC laying around that I've been looking for a home for, after the disaster that was the Sig XA-41. Knowing that GP ARFs are usually on the heavy side (which is one reason why they are so durable- they're built very well), I figured this model might just be the ticket.

So I ordered one last night.

Forgive me a bit of philosophy here: for those of you looking for "insane 3D", I expect this model would disappoint you. You'd be better off with one the more expensive, very-lightly-built offerings, like a PA or ExtremeFlight.

I'm rolling the dice on the premise that this model will be like every other Great Planes ARF (over a dozen; slimers) I've built; a solid, dependable airframe that is a terrific sport flyer, yet doesn't need constant TLC and will last many seasons.

Anyway, here it is:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEDWE&P=0

There are two "builds" ahead of it, so it will be a while before I get around to assembling this one. However, I will post my initial impressions when the kit arrives, here in this thread.

SC1 is offline Find More Posts by SC1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2014, 07:38 PM
SC1
United States, LA, Zachary
Joined Jul 2003
356 Posts
My search-fu sucketh large; there IS an existent thread already, in the 3D Forum.

Sigh…

SC1 is offline Find More Posts by SC1