SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 11, 2014, 08:31 PM
Joined Aug 2006
382 Posts
Discussion
SC&H square riggers soon to be unavailable!

Ok, I don't start that many threads, but I want to start this one to inform those that are unaware of a rare source of large r/c square rig and schooner kits that is, unfortunately, soon to disappear. There is still an opportunity to acquire one before the door closes. I understand that there are about a dozen kits left before www.modelsailingships.com ends availability. Production has ended.

I have had one of these kits for approximately eight years, and always sail it at least once a week every summer. These kits are amazing! I challenge anyone to find a kit of this caliber for the price. In fact, I don't know where else you could even find a similar model. So I am posting this thread to inform possible interested modelers. As far as SC&H is concerned, I don't know why they are stopping production, other than possibly the present economy. Maybe they are concentrating on other parts of their business.

For information about these kits, there are several major current threads in this RCGroups Forum that involve these SC&H models:

Square Rigger kit-18 Gun Brig-of-war of 1797
Syren, Brig, SC&H R/C Square Rigger, 1/24 scale
Design Details for R/C Square Rigger Operating Systems
HMS Scorpion (Cruiser class Brig of War)HMS Scorpion (Cruiser class Brig of War)
SC&H Brig (USS Reprisal)

I have no connection to SC&H or any other reason to create this thread, other than being a satisfied customer and to inform anyone interested in this type of model that it will soon be unavailable.
beneteau3 is offline Find More Posts by beneteau3
Last edited by beneteau3; Jul 15, 2014 at 08:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2014, 03:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
Look at those prices, there any wonder that theyer disappearing?
skibo is offline Find More Posts by skibo