SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 14, 2014, 01:44 PM
Joined Dec 2014
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost4Ever View Post
Take the quad apart and inspect the plastic sd card holder for damage. Even a slight bump can crack this plastic causing the card to not seat properly. Sometimes the end can break off allowing the card to be pushed in too far, it's hard to see some breaks, slide the card in while looking at the holder and see if any cracks show up as you insert the card, or if you see the end of the card poke through the back of the slot.
Quote:
Both lights being solid means it cannot detect or read the card, which is why I suspected a broken slot. If you have another card to test with try that and see if it can read it.
Thanks for that. I thought one of the lights would shut off after a few seconds if no card was present.

Unfortunately no other micro SD's in the house. I am able to read and write files to the card via my PC - the card seems fine, using a Kingston 8GB Micro SDHC class 10 UHS-1.

Interesting note however, I did another quick format with SDformatter, then verified that no data / directories existed on the card. Then tried re-inserting in the X4, power everything on -- same solid lights. But when I powered off and read the card in my PC again, the DCIM directory was visible. Not sure what's up with that.

Thanks again for your prompt responses and assistance. If you think of anything else to try, please let me know.
bettynugs is offline Find More Posts by bettynugs
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:56 PM
Joined Oct 2013
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettynugs View Post
Thanks for that. I thought one of the lights would shut off after a few seconds if no card was present.

Unfortunately no other micro SD's in the house. I am able to read and write files to the card via my PC - the card seems fine, using a Kingston 8GB Micro SDHC class 10 UHS-1.

Interesting note however, I did another quick format with SDformatter, then verified that no data / directories existed on the card. Then tried re-inserting in the X4, power everything on -- same solid lights. But when I powered off and read the card in my PC again, the DCIM directory was visible. Not sure what's up with that.

Thanks again for your prompt responses and assistance. If you think of anything else to try, please let me know.
That being the case, put in the newly formatted card (do a full format in sdformatter) and power on. Wait for a full two minutes to see if the red light goes out. If it does go out the camera is having trouble with that card, I would suggest getting another to test with.
lost4Ever is online now Find More Posts by lost4Ever
Last edited by lost4Ever; Dec 14, 2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Added comment
Old Dec 14, 2014, 05:34 PM
Joined Dec 2014
7 Posts
Quote:
That being the case, put in the newly formatted card (do a full format in sdformatter) and power on. Wait for a full two minutes to see if the red light goes out. If it does go out the camera is having trouble with that card, I would suggest getting another to test with.
Thanks again. Really appreciate the attention. Did the full format, verified empty card via windows explorer. Put card into slot, attached battery, waited 2 minutes (timed). Solid blue and red lights from start to finish. Disconnected battery, pulled SD card, plugged back into PC and I once again see the DCIM directory... Didn't try to push the start button or anything. Since I have the DCIM directory, I assume the camera sees the card...

Not sure what else to do. Is this unit destined to be returned?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:10 PM
Australia, NSW, Albury
Joined Jul 2013
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettynugs View Post
Thanks again. Really appreciate the attention. Did the full format, verified empty card via windows explorer. Put card into slot, attached battery, waited 2 minutes (timed). Solid blue and red lights from start to finish. Disconnected battery, pulled SD card, plugged back into PC and I once again see the DCIM directory... Didn't try to push the start button or anything. Since I have the DCIM directory, I assume the camera sees the card...

Not sure what else to do. Is this unit destined to be returned?

I had problems with mine ,the switch was stuffed up ,had to put a new camera in,cheers
Geraus is offline Find More Posts by Geraus
Last edited by Geraus; Dec 14, 2014 at 10:12 PM. Reason: put new camera in
Old Dec 16, 2014, 05:16 AM
Joined Dec 2014
3 Posts
Hi, im new i just got a hubsan x4 in green/black how do i no what camera its got? it doesnt say on the box
steeevo is offline Find More Posts by steeevo
Old Dec 16, 2014, 06:53 AM
Joined Dec 2014
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevo View Post
Hi, im new i just got a hubsan x4 in green/black how do i no what camera its got? it doesnt say on the box
I believe all the HD models say so on the box in some manner. You can also compare your video to some of the HD ones on YouTube.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:56 AM
Joined Dec 2014
3 Posts
Ok thanks for that, if i find out its got a 0.3mp camera can i upgrade it somehow
Old Dec 16, 2014, 08:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevo View Post
In Windows, you can right-click on a video file and select Properties from the menu. In the Details tab, you should see the frame width and height: If it's 1280x720, you have the upgraded camera.

You can get the 2 MP camera separately, e.g.: http://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-X4-H1...-p-912169.html
RogerDH is online now Find More Posts by RogerDH
Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM
Joined Dec 2014
3 Posts
Ok thanks for your help, i do have the 0.3mp camera.
im in the uk though so if anyone knows of a place in the uk that sells parts i would be interested in upgrading the camera.

even though i have the 0.3mp camera it is still pretty good considering the price and size im quite impressed with it
Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,837 Posts
Got my 3-bladed props from Banggood. I dig the look! I will be testing to see what sort of difference they have on flight performance, compared to the stock props.

https://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-Upgr...1082112012126P
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,573 Posts
So far, every review I've read about the 3-blade props has basically said they produce a lot less lift and slow the X4 down considerably. Perhaps they make it more stable for photography but recovery from mistakes can be difficult.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
So far, every review I've read about the 3-blade props has basically said they produce a lot less lift and slow the X4 down considerably. Perhaps they make it more stable for photography but recovery from mistakes can be difficult.
Yep, that's pretty standard for 3-blade props. Less power, but more torque. Should have better punch and stability, but requires more throttle for a hover, and less top speed. So there are Pros and Cons and you have to decide which is best for the type of flying you want to do. So that's the stuff I will be focusing on in my testing and review.
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,617 Posts
I got some of the three bladed props a couple of days ago. Looks like they are the same as in the picture above. They are only 4.6mm diameter as compared to 5.4mm diameter of V252 props. They were not that we'll balanced, but I tried them without balancing. The hub shafts are not as long, so you would need a spacer to protect the motor. I pushed them down as far as I could, and they were still at least 2mm above the top of the motor. I flew a frankenquad with MMWH 0720-14 chaoli motors and V252 props, stopwatch timed it at 4:50 minutes until blinking PVC lights. Then I put the 3 blade props on it and timed it with the same recharged battery, time was reduced to 2:35 minutes. There was also obvious vibration at hover. And the quad could not gain altitude in a funnel with the three bladed props on it.
IMHO, the 3 blade props are not very good, too small, not enough thrust, not well balanced, and eat up the power.
They might work better on a smaller quad with less weight, but the quad I tried them on weighs around 25 grams. They also might be better suited to lower KV motors.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier