HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:42 PM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champflyr View Post
Yes, in full scale gliders, the glider is the one that releases from the tow plane, the tow plane holds onto the tow rope, just until before the wheels touch the ground on landing. I should know, as I am learning to fly these.... If this helps you folks wondering why the rope wont release from the Carbon Cub servo, that's why.
Normally on rc tow planes you want to run a release on the tow plane as well, normally some sort of pin ran on a servo, just in case the glider release fails. They do sell aero tow packages for them as well.
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:44 PM
My Champ makes birds mad.
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Good to know!
Champflyr is offline Find More Posts by Champflyr
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero550 View Post
A Carbon Cub is a full scale aircraft. This is a model of that full scale aircraft.

http://www.cubcrafters.com/carboncubss
Wow, check the big tires that are standard on that little bird!

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,212 Posts
So, im going to be eating rice, beans, and ramen for the next few months. And im damn happy about it.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:02 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,929 Posts
My birthday is in two weeks. I'm really tempted to add another HH plane to the hangar

But so many choices, and I think all the ones I am lusting for haven't been released yet.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:13 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,301 Posts
Not surprised to see this

Popularity of the champ and J3 spawned this beauty

truly awesome
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:17 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Jan 2007
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose View Post
One servo per aileron. You can see that in the pics and video. I'm guessing both flaps run off of one servo that is mounted in the cabin.
2 Aileron Servos
1 Flap Servo
1 Rudder/ 1 Elevator Servo (on the receiver)

No release servo. The main reason for no release servo in the Cub is due to the cost of the servo, weight added, and the complexity inside the airplane itself. We feel that there will be a few people that will buy and fly the Cub without ever towing the ASK-21, and we don't want them to have to pay for the extra cost of the extra servo they are never going to use. Hope this clears some confusion.

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:18 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Wow. Well at 24" w.s. it's getting a bit large to be called an "ultra" micro, but darn it's cool. Love that sailplane too. Bring this pair to any fly-in and I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a buddy to fly the sailplane
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:31 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,212 Posts
Hey guys, i know this is OT, but it relates to the planes released today, if i call HH do you think i could get them to bill my card for the preorders right now rather than when they ship out?
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:45 PM
220 221 Whatever it takes
USA, IL, Belleville
Joined Dec 2009
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisecat View Post
Just buy a nice fishing rod and make a nice lasso, or similar, with foam, etc., to retrieve the little Cub if you get into trouble.
Or... you can always get an RC Boat too!!
What about that R/C Duck retrieval that HH had for sale??
captdave221 is offline Find More Posts by captdave221
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:47 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,408 Posts
Aero-TV: The Carbon Cub SS - ANN's Jim Campbell Provides a Review (8 min 34 sec)

Aero-TV: Carbon Cub At Play - Too Much Fun For Words (2 min 57 sec)

An older version?

Super Cub Super Stunts & Amazing Idaho backcountry (4 min 44 sec)
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Last edited by Silverexpress; Feb 01, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
I like this plane and it's features a lot, but I think I'm gonna have to side with you, here.

Guess I'll wait on this one, maybe after 6 mo or so they will come down some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
My birthday is in two weeks. I'm really tempted to add another HH plane to the hangar

But so many choices, and I think all the ones I am lusting for haven't been released yet.
Yes just a week away for me guess I will have to just ask for a Ribbon, nothing more for my Birthday. Skip the Varrazanno bridge and Gothals for a week I got the plane no questions asked
$25.00 for a toll, and Lunch. why work?

even in 6 months time it still betop dollar, how easily the questions I asked was avoided, due reasons, not a problem.

thanks

FISHYCOMICS
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:53 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
728 Posts
Another one I have to buy!?!
See ya Champ!
Hmmm I wonder if my Champ floats will work on this, they might be a touch too small.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Feb 01, 2012, 03:11 PM
gfl
Joined Apr 2005
99 Posts
I recently went into my LHS after being out of the hobby for a little while. I was looking at the Champ after reading about it here, intending to make a purchase. The salesman told me to wait until February as Horizon would be releasing a newer improved version of the Champ. He would not or could tell me any more information and I was unable to locate anything related to this on the web. Has anyone heard about an improved version being released in the near future?

I posted this question in early November, 2011 in the Champ forum. Could this be the plane the sales person was referring to or is there still something new on the horizon (pardon the pun). Im glad I waited.
gfl is offline Find More Posts by gfl
Old Feb 01, 2012, 03:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfl View Post
I recently went into my LHS after being out of the hobby for a little while. I was looking at the Champ after reading about it here, intending to make a purchase. The salesman told me to wait until February as Horizon would be releasing a newer improved version of the Champ. He would not or could tell me any more information and I was unable to locate anything related to this on the web. Has anyone heard about an improved version being released in the near future?

I posted this question in early November, 2011 in the Champ forum. Could this be the plane the sales person was referring to or is there still something new on the horizon (pardon the pun). Im glad I waited.
This is the new champp Lol we only wish we knew?
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)