HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:35 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,144 Posts
Discussion
Banana and fms. What do you think you are doing?

This is a message for pete.

What is the status of your dealings with fms ?

Why do other resellers back out of stocking fms planes?

Did you secure any monopoly in selling these planes ?

Are you from now on the sole distributor worldwide for fms planes ?

Answer honestly.

Km
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige
Last edited by kusunokimasahige; Jul 19, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:42 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusunokimasahige View Post
This is a message for pete.

No answer and i will launch an official complaint with the eu commission on monopoly misuse as well as the us trade standard agencies.

Km
You are addressing your questions to the wrong person. Pete DOES NOT run/control Banana Hobby. He is just an employee.

See.. http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...e-CA-100075745 You can contact the BBB for the names of the owners. I believe it is owned and run by 2 individuals. They have 20 employees, Pete is just 1 of them.
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Last edited by bamaguy; Jul 19, 2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Added link
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:44 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,195 Posts
Yep he's just the 'front" man.

Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:56 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,144 Posts
Letter to Inspector General of USITC has gone out already.

More people should write with their concerns.

http://www.usitc.gov/scripts/contact_us.asp

KM
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:28 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
393 Posts
Make sure whoever, This should be on Facebook also! you know you can't have enough advertising .... Oh boy this is going to be interesting
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:06 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
You are addressing your questions to the wrong person. Pete DOES NOT run/control Banana Hobby. He is just an employee.

See.. http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...e-CA-100075745 You can contact the BBB for the names of the owners. I believe it is owned and run by 2 individuals. They have 20 employees, Pete is just 1 of them.
I have seen this type of >>>> before.... California just knows better how to throw special powder in your eyes to confuse us
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:10 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcruizer3 View Post
I have seen this type of >>>> before.... California just knows better how to throw special powder in your eyes to confuse us
Too Funny. A conspiracy theory.

Mike
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,213 Posts
This is so funny it is ridiculous. A conspiracy by a model airplane manufacturer and an importer.

What a joke! Like somebody can make gazillions of dollars selling rc planes.

I can see this sort of thing happening in the trillion dollar oil business, but in the radio control model airplane industry?
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:43 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,144 Posts
Since when are price agreements or exclusivity agreements conspiracy or even racketeering?

Its not a conspiracy at all, It is monopolism.

KM
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:12 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusunokimasahige View Post
Since when are price agreements or exclusivity agreements conspiracy or even racketeering?

Its not a conspiracy at all, It is monopolism.

KM
I have to ask ........ Can you prove all these allegations? If so count me in.
Seems like your getting way worked up over something you have no control over.

Mike
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,144 Posts
I am not just worked up over something. If RC castles, Raymond, Philip of PW, as well as other vendors who like to sell FMS products internationally are thwarted by BH striking some deal with FMS therefore making it impossible for EU members and citizens of other countries to buy these planes unless from BH in the States, it is monopolizing trade in a bad way. From what I have read so far in various topics as well as in emails posted written by PW, it looks like there is a deal of some sort. People should have freedom to decide from whom they buy their stuff. Whether that is from Chinese sellers directly or not.

US citizens have the right to be able to order these planes for a better price with better service which is exactly what happened before. Now, at least from the looks of it, it seems that trusted vendors cannot (or maybe will not) or are not allowed anymore to carry FMS products. That is monopolizing trade. I am a citizen of the EU as well as a World citizen, but I will not have any company, whether or not it is BH or whatever other company, strike a deal which robs me of MY right to choose from whom I want to order FMS products.

You can say all you like about my little crusade, which is not at all a crusade but a protest, but if the day comes that you yourself can only order your RC stuff from BH you will feel the same.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:41 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,195 Posts
Can you prove first hand any of your "allegations" ?
Yes or No?

If yes prove it and I have your back.
If no then " there's nothing to see here move along"

Mike
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:53 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,144 Posts
Mike, why dont you read the emails sent by other vendors which have been posted by Sandancer in various FMS topics ?

I know you would like proof. But the proof has to come from the vendors, not me. That is the entire reason I question BH straightforward. Yes or No. Simple enough question. But needs explaining. Of course, I can also ask FMS customer service and get an answer in Chenglish, that is why some of the members who know people who speak Chinese have asked for a letter by either Philip, Raymond or FMS in Chinese so we can translate it.

Thats all. I will see how this all plays out.

And if there is nothing to see and I need to move along, then these are definetely not the droids you are looking for..........

KM
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:20 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,195 Posts
[QUOTE=kusunokimasahige;22212269]Mike, why dont you read the emails sent by other vendors which have been posted by Sandancer in various FMS topics ?

I know you would like proof. But the proof has to come from the vendors, not me. That is the entire reason I question BH straightforward. Yes or No. Simple enough question. But needs explaining. Of course, I can also ask FMS customer service and get an answer in Chenglish, that is why some of the members who know people who speak Chinese have asked for a letter by either Philip, Raymond or FMS in Chinese so we can translate it.

Thats all. I will see how this all plays out.

Your the one wanting us email the feds about this. Without proof what's the sense? One vendor cut and pasted. You call that proof? I call it one side of the story. Sorry but I need more than that. Look I don't really care but the forums have turned into some kinda vendor witch hunt. Vendors being bashed on a regular basis. If your so concerned open a business and have at it. Last time I looked manufactures were free to " reserve the right to refuse service". At least that's how it works here.

Mike
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:29 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,144 Posts
A witch hunt you call it ? I voice my concern as do others on here.

Thats all.

No witch hunt at all. If I would conduct a hunt on witches, stakes would be erected and people would be burnt.
I just ask for stern clarification that my consumer rights are not treaded upon.
Did you know that if I would order any FMS plane from the US the costs of shipping
would be exorbitant ? Even more so than from China ?

Nuff said, lets wait what people will say or do.

KM
Closed Thread