HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:00 PM
Atomic Playboy
United States, MN, Inver Grove Heights
Joined Jun 2012
218 Posts
Discussion
Any way to get PPM Sum from a Turnigy 9x receiver?

I just got my 9x. I wasn't aware that the receivers for them don't output a PPM sum. It looks like there is a 6-channel receiver that outputs PPM sum and works with the 9x from HobbyKing, but people are complaining that the new version has removed this functionality. They didn't change the model number when they removed the functionality.

Shouldn't there be a solder point somewhere inside the receiver that I can pull a PPM sum from?

Had I known this was the case, I would have gotten the FlySky, but I thought all of these and the clones were the same. Now I know that's not the case. The FlySky has PPM sum receivers, and telemetry.
signal15 is offline Find More Posts by signal15
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:17 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signal15 View Post
Had I known this was the case, I would have gotten the FlySky, but I thought all of these and the clones were the same. Now I know that's not the case. The FlySky has PPM sum receivers, and telemetry.
You mean the FrSky don't you? The 9x is a re-branded FlySky.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:25 AM
Atomic Playboy
United States, MN, Inver Grove Heights
Joined Jun 2012
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slebetman View Post
You mean the FrSky don't you? The 9x is a re-branded FlySky.
Doh. Yep. I was under the impression that the FlySky had telemetry. After further research, I found that you only get that with the FrSky mod to the 9x or the clones.

The parts are cheap enough, $15 for the DIY module. And there's a huge range of receivers instead of just the 2 that I can find that work with a stock 9x.
signal15 is offline Find More Posts by signal15
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:42 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signal15 View Post
The parts are cheap enough, $15 for the DIY module. And there's a huge range of receivers instead of just the 2 that I can find that work with a stock 9x.
The stock 9x can work with 3 recievers. The 8 channel 9x receiver. The 6 channel T6A receiver and the 3 channel GT2 receiver.

But yes, the consensus seems to be that the FrSky system is better for not much extra cost.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman