HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2015, 04:21 PM
Professional Amateur
Joined Feb 2013
1,927 Posts
Discussion
Started building a segmented skirt craft

PI'm gonna try a segmented skirt craft. I've spent the past week looking up skirt templates but haven't found much, so i came up with my own.

It's got a double hull with 1" plenum, and so far i've mocked up 3 different skirt segments, open, pressure, and 'chip bag' for the rear as anti-scoop segments.

I've got the side and rear segment templates all done, i just need some rear corner pieces and to do the bow arc by spreading the templates i've got at the

I'm looking for 3" of ground clearance and the hull will also have a front bashplate in case i bottom out at speed.

This will be a two, or possibly 3 fan craft, i've got a 3a centrifugal blower coming for lift and 1200kv motor swinging 8040 for thrust. I may do twin 1200kv thrust fans and set it up as a differential thrust craft. If i do that i'll go to 8060 props for more speed, and possibly an auxiliary edf that would run intermittently when thrust demand is high, like during hard acceleration and at top speed.

I might also use a sliding battery tray to provide lateral weight shift via the rudder stick like a full scale F1 pilot would use body weight.
Rusty Mustard is online now Find More Posts by Rusty Mustard
Last edited by Rusty Mustard; Mar 22, 2015 at 04:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts