HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:23 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter24 View Post
is it just the d gain on roll, pitch and yaw i need to drop to 10, it currently on 30
Yes - just the D gain, but best to check all of the servo movement directions and corrections as well
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:34 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
Cheers Mike, will give it a go.
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:07 PM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=271062162602 does anyone know if this will work to do the programming via Bluetooth. Tar
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:14 PM
United Kingdom, England, Birkenhead
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Tarot bluetooth adapter won't work with PC

Has anyone tried to set up a bluetooth link to a PC using the Tarot Bluetooth adapter?

No matter what I do, it won't pair. Works fine using the Bluetooth adapter suggested on the NZ site. That has a pairing code of "1234" but the Tarot adapter comes without any information. I guess it works with Android (but I have an iPhone so am stuck with the laptop).
Snarfgnik is offline Find More Posts by Snarfgnik
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:34 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
676 Posts
Yes, works great with Android, no issue pairing at all.

Really don't understand what your asking. Plug the blue tooth adaptor into the gyro, apply power to gyro, start software in phone, says it needs to start blue tooth service, connects without issue, program gyro. Should work the same with a iPhone?

Edit: Ok, re-read it, see what your doing, just assumed everyone was using it with a smartphone, no more taking the laptop to the field here.
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Last edited by Muskoka1; Dec 05, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Apr 2011
239 Posts
]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarfgnik View Post
Has anyone tried to set up a bluetooth link to a PC using the Tarot Bluetooth adapter?

No matter what I do, it won't pair. Works fine using the Bluetooth adapter suggested on the NZ site. That has a pairing code of "1234" but the Tarot adapter comes without any information. I guess it works with Android (but I have an iPhone so am stuck with the laptop).
I believe the pairing code for the tarot is 5782, hope that works for you.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:56 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarfgnik View Post

if you get a chance try "5782", I think this is the code through some research but have no way to test it since I do not have an adapter.

Edit: Heh, yeah what Busher said
Zr_Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part III
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:10 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
676 Posts
Yes, "5782" works fine with my laptop and Johns software.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
John's software v1.22
Last edited by Muskoka1; Dec 05, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:05 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Cool! Thanks for reporting back, and a big thanks to Zr_Flyer for working it out.

FYI, I now have the method for changing the pin code and name of the eBay BT modules. When I get time, I'll see if they can be reprogrammed to work with the Android app.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:06 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1 View Post
Yes, "5782" works fine with my laptop and Johns software.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
John's software v1.22
Cool
Zr_Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part III
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:21 PM
United States, GA, Cleveland
Joined Jan 2011
26 Posts
Where is the best place to buy the bluetooth adapter?
blevesque is offline Find More Posts by blevesque
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:19 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Does the US Tarot guy have it? If not, Infinity Hobby if you want fast reliable service, or oomodel if you want it a little cheaper (but double check including shipping).
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:40 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
676 Posts
Got mine from here..... http://www.hobby-wing.com/zyx12.html
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I use the open source 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/
I was able to load 7zip but not able to see any program page where you adjust gains and things. Do I have to see that page or just by plugging it in it upgrades?
I know , I have no clue what I'm doing. I got really comfortable using program box, just not able to use sat only with my ZYX-s. Is there any other gyro that I can just plug the sat in and have it work?
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:47 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I was able to load 7zip but not able to see any program page where you adjust gains and things. Do I have to see that page or just by plugging it in it upgrades?
I know , I have no clue what I'm doing. I got really comfortable using program box, just not able to use sat only with my ZYX-s. Is there any other gyro that I can just plug the sat in and have it work?
Do you have the USB adaptor and can you use it to connect your ZYX to the FBL software? You can only upgrade the firmware by using the FBL software.

Using 7Zip, extract the firmware. For the ZYX-s, the file is ZYX-S-3.50.bin.

Open the FBL software, and connect your controller, which will either need to be powered up by a suitable RX battery or BEC, or just power up the heli with the TX in throttle hold, and maybe a couple of motor leads disconnected if you like. Same as you would when using the program box.

The screenshot below shows the John_NZ software V1.21, but the Tarot software is similar. I'm still using windows XP, but it's similar in later versions. At the bottom right of the screen, under "Firmware Upgrade" click on the "Open" button.

This will open another window where you need to navigate to the firmware file. In the list shown, you need to click on the ZYX-S 3.50 folder

When you click on the folder, you should see the ZYX-S-3.50.bin file, and you should click on that to highlight it and click the "Open" button.

You should then see the filename appear in the box at the bottom right of the FBL software screen as shown below

Then click on the "Upgrade" button. you should then see the following window

In my case, I was just doing a dummy run without the controller connected, but you should see the progress bar fill up and then you will get a message telling you the firmware upgrade is complete.

Hope that helps!
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 2Doggs; Dec 05, 2012 at 11:54 PM.