HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 03, 2011, 11:03 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
Tom Frank thnks for response, but in fact i was taking about how it looks like the box witch holds the camera,
my english level is low, so in case i don't success explaining myself, i am refering to this black box:

http://www.wondcam.com/china-spy-sur...mera-02-p1.gif

the on used for presentation of the product,

thnks
These cams do not come with any retail packaging from these ebay vendors. No box, just a plain paper envelope with bubble wrap.
lostheli is online now Find More Posts by lostheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2011, 11:08 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayback View Post
Has anyone tried enlarging the opening in the case to see if the dark corners go away?
I recall someone mentioning it early on, most likely in the mega keyfob thread. It didn't make any difference.

I found the post here
lostheli is online now Find More Posts by lostheli
Last edited by lostheli; Jan 03, 2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 11:25 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Tom, I downloaded and installed ffdshow, restarted and tried to open the same video file.

Critical stop that says no audio decoder found for this file save (a+v) will generate bad AVI?? how do I direct avidemux to use the new codecs?

thanks.

Pat.
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Jan 04, 2011, 12:08 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,615 Posts
Selected clips from backyard video from HD keycam

I just processed some captured shots from the backyard sunny HD video. I used Video pad editor.

backyard sunny HD key cam selected clips.avi (0 min 25 sec)
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2011, 12:18 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
Tom, I downloaded and installed ffdshow, restarted and tried to open the same video file.

Critical stop that says no audio decoder found for this file save (a+v) will generate bad AVI?? how do I direct avidemux to use the new codecs?

thanks.

Pat.
Pat, I cannot repeat this problem. AviDemux uses it's own codec libraries that are part of the folder when you unzip it. ffdshow is not needed, plus it's main function is to supply video codecs, not audio codecs. The native MOV file has a less-common audio codec, but AviDemux has been able to play/edit them on my system.

Rather than get into a one-off problem in this thread, please PM me with the following info and I'll try to help find out what's going on.

Can you tell me:

1. Are you attempting to load a native .MOV file from the HD key cam into AviDemux when you get this error? If not, please clarify what's being used.

2. Are you using the latest version of AviDemux (v2.5.4)?

Tom
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jan 04, 2011, 12:19 AM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaggyMAC View Post
Have anybody tried Fisheye (wide angle) lens for 808HD? Something like Yelly lens or 15mm 180 degree lens?
I have a jelly lens.
Jelly lens is bad quality. Get a glass lens.
etman is offline Find More Posts by etman
Old Jan 04, 2011, 12:30 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
opening the firmware in a Txt reader we can find those lines:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i?? v ?? NOVATEK DIGITAL CAMERA?
!NTK96610?Ver.1?&0V?D2001:07:01 12:00:00 ??ƒŒ? š???
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i guess novatek might be the company who made the design,

About the vigneting... as far as i know is usually a problem of too wide lens, (but those ones don't seems to be that wider...)
i am curious about the angle of view f this HD camera,
any one can make some easy calcs to reveal the approximate angle of view of the camera? thnks
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Last edited by wallaguest1; Jan 04, 2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 12:48 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Pat, I cannot repeat this problem. AviDemux uses it's own codec libraries that are part of the folder when you unzip it. ffdshow is not needed, plus it's main function is to supply video codecs, not audio codecs. The native MOV file has a less-common audio codec, but AviDemux has been able to play/edit them on my system.

Rather than get into a one-off problem in this thread, please PM me with the following info and I'll try to help find out what's going on.

Can you tell me:

1. Are you attempting to load a native .MOV file from the HD key cam into AviDemux when you get this error? If not, please clarify what's being used.

2. Are you using the latest version of AviDemux (v2.5.4)?

Tom
Tom,

AVI Demux scrambles the audio on my installation when playing a HD key cam video. Go figure.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:09 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,888 Posts
Quote:
opening the firmware in a Txt reader we can find those lines:

i?? v ?? NOVATEK DIGITAL CAMERA?
!NTK96610?Ver.1?&0V?D2001:07:01 12:00:00 ??ƒŒ? š???

so i guess novatek might be the company who made the design,

About the vigneting... as far as i know is usually a problem of too wide lens, (but those ones don't seems to be that wider...)
i am curious about the angle of view f this HD camera,
any one can make some easy calcs to reveal the approximate angle of view of the camera? thnks
Novatek makes the video processor IC in the camera. It might be one of their Imaging Product DSC controllers mentioned on there web site. But it appears to me their product line stops at the chip/module level rather than finished consumer products. Who knows?
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:13 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Tom,

AVI Demux scrambles the audio on my installation when playing a HD key cam video. Go figure.

Bill
Bill, depending on what I'm doing with AviDemux (e.g. just playing a file vs. playing it while also re-encoding it) I have had the sound break up while playing in the editor. But after the file is exported and saved, it played fine. Are you getting broken sound in the saved and edited video? Some audio codecs (with variable bit rate) do not live well in some output containers (that are expecting constant bit rate).

These are an example of the quirks I referenced in a prior post that I need to highlight when I get them itemized. There are only a few I've run into, but easily avoided with the right codec choices. The audio codec used in the camera's .MOV container is not a very common one, except maybe for Apple Quicktime files, of which I know very little other than it's their adaption of an MP4 format?)
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jan 04, 2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: answered the wrong question!
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:30 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Tom,

Do you have a link to AVI Demux?

Bill
It's in post #4.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:33 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,888 Posts
Quote:
...i am curious about the angle of view f this HD camera,
I'm also curious, and when my HD camera arrives, that's one of the first things I'm going to do to compare with my #3 808. But that won't be for 2-3 weeks yet. I'm hoping someone will beat me to the punch.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:47 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,888 Posts
HD key Cam = 808 version #11

I noticed that chuck has identified this HD key cam on his chucklohr.com/808 pages as version #11 of the old 808 variety. So you might find some other interesting or pertinent things on it there. Chuck has linked this thread on his site, so I thought I'd return the favor

I find this HD version to bear little commonality with the old 808 variety other than the case design it's in, so will continue to refer to it as the HD key cam here.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:56 AM
Joined Jan 2011
13 Posts
hey im totally new here and i read most of this thread and thanks for all the great info.

tomorrow im going to purchase from "internet-shop365" most likely based on your guys' recommendations (awesome work btw!)

I just had 4 really quick questions and i hope you guys wont get too upset at me.. i went through most of the thread before hand!

1) is this better than the 808 #3 non-HD version? is there a reason to get the other model that's not HD? (Does it film certain things better like people/scenery/moving cars?) I assume this camera version is the best out there currently.

2) I want to use this for multipurpose, more than just my planes, so does this work well with filming my parties or web blog vids? Generally, can it film people well?

3) How long is the battery life on a full charge?

4) Is this NORMALLY fine straight out of the box? im too afraid to fix lenses and the other technical details so generally it should work alright once i get it, without needing modification?

thanks a lot guys! i hope to get one and put up some great vids
thygriever2 is offline Find More Posts by thygriever2
Old Jan 04, 2011, 02:29 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,888 Posts
Answers in red below. Go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thygriever2 View Post
hey im totally new here and i read most of this thread and thanks for all the great info.

tomorrow im going to purchase from "internet-shop365" most likely based on your guys' recommendations (awesome work btw!)

I just had 4 really quick questions and i hope you guys wont get too upset at me.. i went through most of the thread before hand!

1) is this better than the 808 #3 non-HD version? is there a reason to get the other model that's not HD? (Does it film certain things better like people/scenery/moving cars?) I assume this camera version is the best out there currently.

Yes, it's better, with much bigger display frame size when played back on your PC. Other than the #3's lower cost, this camera does most things better and unlike the #3, you know what you are getting when you order from the sources listed in post #1.

If you have seen the old lower res version videos, go to one of the user videos linked here that was posted on Vimeo, and click on the title text to get directly on the Vimeo site where you can play it easier and in better resolution than what YouTube can spit out. Also, if you find a clip there that was posted less a week ago, you may be able to download it in it's original form and see the video exactly as it was uploaded. The quality will be better than what you see when played in here or on the host site.

When it comes to motion, both cameras shoot at 30 fps, but the old one will drop at least 10% of the frames (some versions MUCH more) because it can't keep up with the data rate. This camera has not shown any tendency to drop any frames, so motion will be smoother. BUT, since the display is much larger (twice as wide, for example), the motion from one frame to the next will move a greater distance on your display screen (twice as much horizontally), so it will look to be less smooth to some viewers eyes. But if you just reduce the size of the HD version display down to the width of the old #3 display, the motion will appear the same but the HD version will be sharper. Or vice versa, expand the the old #3 to play at double it's width, adn compare with the HD display (you'll rally see a difference that way.

2) I want to use this for multipurpose, more than just my planes, so does this work well with filming my parties or web blog vids? Generally, can it film people well?

I have no idea how to answer this not knowing the lighting, distances, motion, etc. of those video clips. But I can say the HD version will generally do a better job of it than the old #3, especially in low light situations (less video noise artifacts). There is one difference where the HD version sometimes shows some darkening in the corners (vignetting) of the video, and along with that sometimes some noticeable color white balance shift. The #3 shows less of this, but it is not highly predictable with the HD version. Look at the posted clips here and make your own judgement (beauty being in the eye of the beholder, and all that jazz)

3) How long is the battery life on a full charge?

About 40 minutes recordings are advertised in the specs (post #2). Some users claim a little less, some a little more.

4) Is this NORMALLY fine straight out of the box? im too afraid to fix lenses and the other technical details so generally it should work alright once i get it, without needing modification?

For the purposes you suggested, I'd say the camera should be just fine out of the box. The focus typically comes biased for closer in subjects, where as aerial video would favor focusing for very distant subjects. Again, look at the post sample videos and come to your own conclusions on this. The biggest change you might want to make is to turn off the date/time stamp. That has to be done by copying a different firmware program into the camera. It's a simple process that looks more difficult than it is when you read the details in Post #12.

thanks a lot guys! i hope to get one and put up some great vids
Closed Thread