SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 04, 2014, 02:57 AM
Joined Apr 2014
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
It's too bad because DOSD is so tiny compared to RVOSD, Eagle, Pixhawk, et. al. But that small size means it's pretty much maxed out functionally. I use Pixhawk in my quad and it's really phenomenal, but the only OSD for it (MinimOSD) kinda sucks. The font isn't great.
Yes it's tiny. But you can also find some "mini" implementation for APM (2.5 based), such as https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...er_Module.html.
I've ordered one and I'll receive it these days, I'll tell you if it worth the change
BuBu2 is offline Find More Posts by BuBu2
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2014, 09:13 AM
United States, FL, Ocklawaha
Joined Apr 2009
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
at the very least stabilization should be incorporated into DragonOSD but no, we have to rely on a secondary unit such as the crappy Feiyu FY20-30 flight stabilizer.
My DOSD was purchased almost 1 year ago to the day. But it sat dormant until 4 months ago (finally finished building a Senior Tele V2) where it's been working much better than "crappy FY Tech" system I used in beginner planes. To me, the DOSD was a step up. The only draw back of the DOSD is waiting to get satelites. No issues with AP, but this might be because this plane flys smoothly and forgivingly - a BIG difference to comparing with Skywalker or my lil' Skysurfer in flight.

But I see the pace of technology changing as usual for the better. It would be nice if Daniel Wee would provide upgrades to down load like DL did.

Never the less, I plan to upgrade someday and I want to keep the Dragon Link. Are the other brand OSD's you mentioned "universal" to LRS systems? My preference would be the Vector.
propnator is offline Find More Posts by propnator
Last edited by propnator; Nov 05, 2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: more
Old Nov 05, 2014, 12:24 PM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,932 Posts
It's incredible that the DOSD was so far advanced. I bought my first one in March 2010. I am in the process of installing another one in a bixler 2. Daniel was way ahead of the game back then. I see he is still playing with electronics on his website. John needs to hire him to develop the next leap in technology for FPV

Mark
mark hitchman is online now Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old Nov 05, 2014, 01:12 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoflarj View Post
as I got more familiar with FPV, that's the one thing that really makes me regret having a DOSD too. The GPS Stabilized AP is O.K at best, but it's not really suitable for anything other than a super stable plane like a Skywalker 18/1900. Forget about relying on it in turbulence either. (this isn't anything against dosd but GPS stab)
Try simple pitch and roll rate gyros between DOSD and the servos.
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Nov 05, 2014, 01:13 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propnator View Post
Never the less, I plan to upgrade someday and I want to keep the Dragon Link. Are the other brand OSD's you mentioned "universal" to LRS systems? My preference would be the Vector.
Most LRS Rx's have PPM out. I'm sure DL does. I know RL does... I use it. I would be very surprised if there were an auto-pilot out there that didn't accept PPM.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq