Old Oct 11, 2014, 04:05 PM
I win again!! - mother gravity
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,728 Posts
Idea
my flying day was . . .

Awesome!!

I started out today grilling chicken before heading out to the field...chicken was soaking overnight in mayonnaise, little salt, pepper, bay leaves, and onion to make it softer and more enjoyable to eat

also, got my batts plugged in for a charge...

then i went off to the field. Started off with my big one

then took out my cessna for a flight....

but on the first downwind turn, i was a little sloppy on my bank and lost some altitude, so i yanked the elevators and, whoosh!! i saw my battery flying out along with voltage tester and battery retention plate!! foamie stalled and landed in its back breaking vertical stabilizer fin along with right wing retention. minor damage, easily can be fixed. maybe need a dedicated RX lipo in my foamie

here's the damage i took pic of when i got home...

and then finished my day planting a flower in front of our home that we got at Lowe's

enjoy! post your day as well...
Flying Pitcher is online now Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2014, 02:27 AM
Ground Repeller
Singapore
Joined Jun 2014
342 Posts
very nice indeed. I had a great test flight of my 12S Agile 5.5 today, flew 2 packs. Sorted out the tail wag by swapping out the servo horn for a 20mm one, loosened the belt tension a tad bit to reduce heat on the reduction gear and belt, set governor at 2300 RPM. It flew silky smooth, responded to sharp turns really quick, loads of power from the Kontronik Pyro 700-52.

Also took the 450 out, went fast circles and figure 8s - was great fun finally having all my helis working PERFECTLY - 450 was drifting earlier because the same professional that did the setup didn't loctite the gyro mount plate screws, one was missing and the other was loose, which left the gyro rattling like mad. Replacing those solved just about everything, now I can get back to actually flying
ZeniethLily is offline Find More Posts by ZeniethLily
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:12 AM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,229 Posts
Hi guys day started strange one of new fish died , so spent morning testing water ,wanting to get out as it was nice dry and no wind strange that for the UK
by the time i got out was over cast and windy , oh well the 500 pro still flying nice ,and i also ordered new motors for 550 quad so hope to get that fixed by next week end
Viktor the 600 is looking great mate , so does the chicken post me some lol
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:26 AM
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,728 Posts
z.lily - glad you got your new ESC figured out! what happened to castle replacement? anyways, good news, man! i tried my 450 to play around with some neg. pitch and overweight battery underneath. wanted to flip her over, but just transition alone with sloppy servos and heavy duty batt on the belly, the heli responded like an overloaded station vagon with ruined shock absorbers

h.neil - sorry for your fish, sir. 500 in the wind...yum! blades singing!

i'm probably heading out to the field today again for the 2-nd try on my cessna..it's all fixed upo now and of course the big one is gonna tag along
P.S.- Neil, food doesn't pass through wires well Also glad you like the 600
Last edited by Flying Pitcher; Oct 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,229 Posts
It was a nice idea Viktor , shame we are a pond apart
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Oct 12, 2014, 04:06 PM
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,728 Posts
back with more pix...

taking off into forward departure...

overhead flyby...

another low pass...

scale RC car and plane...

ready for takeoff...

heading in...

another pass...

little touch and go..

sorry, can't go in very straight yet

enjoy!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 06:07 PM
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,728 Posts

why isn't anyone posting their pix? i'd like to see!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 06:20 AM
Joined Mar 2014
47 Posts
interesting cable setup from you psu. is the lamp for battery discharging or to light up your charger?
mchopper is offline Find More Posts by mchopper
Old Oct 14, 2014, 09:00 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,866 Posts
...mostly good...

Had yesterday (Monday 10/13) off so I went to our flying field since the weather wasn't good on Sunday:
  1. Got two flights on the Goblin 700. Did a little inverted stuff, was fun! I did have a little back-and-forth with the tail in a hover, but forward flight seemed to be fine. Odd.
  2. Got two flights on the Nano CP X. Little guy flies great since upgrading to BL power.
  3. Didn't fly the T-33 as I noticed the wing saddle needed to be re-glued.
  4. Got two flights on the Polaris, but cut the 2nd flight short when one of the control surfaces fluttered in a dive. Landed no problem, but found one of the ailerons partially separated. Could have been much worse.
  5. Got two FPV flights on my TBS Discovery. Figured I should get it in while I can.

So, I guess I had mostly a good day, as everything came back in the same number of pieces as when I left.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Repairing the T-28... again
Old Oct 14, 2014, 05:25 PM
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchopper View Post
interesting cable setup from you psu. is the lamp for battery discharging or to light up your charger?
that's to keep a load, so the psu doesn't shut down i didn't cut off any wires as i don't want to ruin it...maybe it'll go back into the pc some day. although highly doubtful

hey, Mike, my elevator on the cessna starting to separate a little. the foam where tail turns into control surface....maybe time for a fix are they fixable?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:18 AM
Ground Repeller
Singapore
Joined Jun 2014
342 Posts
Nice psu setup I have since replaced the 106b with a new charger so I can Para charge 6 of my 6S batteries at once. Spending a whole day charging batteries wasn't fun at all.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 03:53 AM
Joined Mar 2014
47 Posts
my flying day was . . .

is it a foam Cessna if so uhu is superb for repairing surfacesName: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413363318.399547.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 266.5 KB
Description:
mchopper is offline Find More Posts by mchopper
Old Oct 15, 2014, 07:07 AM
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,728 Posts
z lily, you're power hungry, man!! 6x6s all at once. wow. i keep mine at 3.85/cell, so it takes about 20 mins for 4000, then like 15 mins for 2400 and each 6s maybe 40 mins each. about 2 hours total. i can charge 6s at 1c charge, cos power supply faints out at more than 5ampsi don't mind. i';m patient person.

when all is charged, i get about an hour at the field with all packs and changing batteries. maybe should get a couple more 3s. right now it's either cesssna or 450 heli

mchopper, thank you for advice. i will look into getting that. thanx (yeh it's a foamie)

wish more people chimed in.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:34 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher View Post
that's to keep a load, so the psu doesn't shut down i didn't cut off any wires as i don't want to ruin it...maybe it'll go back into the pc some day. although highly doubtful

hey, Mike, my elevator on the cessna starting to separate a little. the foam where tail turns into control surface....maybe time for a fix are they fixable?
Yup, depending on the foam you can just CA it together. Make sure to flex it back-and-forth first to limber it up. If that doesn't work or if the foam isn't CA-friendly, you can always use Welder's Glue. http://www.amazon.com/Oz-Welder-Prof...s=welders+glue. I've used it in the past on foam airplanes and it works great - it provides a flexible yet very strong bond that's perfect for control surfaces.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Repairing the T-28... again
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:58 AM
Ground Repeller
Singapore
Joined Jun 2014
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher View Post
z lily, you're power hungry, man!! 6x6s all at once. wow. i keep mine at 3.85/cell, so it takes about 20 mins for 4000, then like 15 mins for 2400 and each 6s maybe 40 mins each. about 2 hours total. i can charge 6s at 1c charge, cos power supply faints out at more than 5ampsi don't mind. i';m patient person.

when all is charged, i get about an hour at the field with all packs and changing batteries. maybe should get a couple more 3s. right now it's either cesssna or 450 heli

mchopper, thank you for advice. i will look into getting that. thanx (yeh it's a foamie)

wish more people chimed in.
Well 6 packs only gives me 3 flights, since my Agile 5.5 runs 12S. Each 2700mAh pack takes quite awhile to charge with the 106b+ and it isn't as accurate as the Revolectrix Powerlab 6. I'll see if i can get a video of it in flight this weekend, hopefully someone is willing to hold the camera standing next to me.