HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 03, 2013, 05:28 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velko Velkov View Post
Comparing passive and active wing twist thrust, the active wing twist is less efficient at different freqencies. The important wing rotating is nacessary only at the end of the upstroke. It can be made passive - more effective at different frequencies.
The important part for the wing twist is the wing tip speed. With low wing tip speed, the passive wing twist is less than the active wing twist. Therefore it produce les thrust.
KJELL is offline Find More Posts by KJELL
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2013, 06:28 AM
Registered User
Velko Velkov's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL View Post
The important part for the wing twist is the wing tip speed. With low wing tip speed, the passive wing twist is less than the active wing twist. Therefore it produce les thrust.
The wing twist is not low or high. It must be optimum. This is possible
with passive, adaptive twist.
Velko Velkov is offline Find More Posts by Velko Velkov
Last edited by Velko Velkov; Aug 03, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2013, 09:35 AM
Registered User
Velko Velkov's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
505 Posts
The bending along the chord is part of wing twist. It is passive.
Velko Velkov is offline Find More Posts by Velko Velkov
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2013, 12:37 PM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velko Velkov View Post
The wing twist is not low or high. It must be optimum. This is possible
with passive, adaptive twist.
What is ”Adaptive twist” ?
KJELL is offline Find More Posts by KJELL
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2013, 01:15 PM
Registered User
Velko Velkov's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL View Post
What is ”Adaptive twist” ?
(Automaticaly) adaptive twist.
As result of loading and elasticity of the wing.
Velko Velkov is offline Find More Posts by Velko Velkov
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2013, 02:55 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velko Velkov View Post
(Automaticaly) adaptive twist.
As result of loading and elasticity of the wing.

This is passive wing twist.
KJELL is offline Find More Posts by KJELL
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2013, 03:26 AM
Registered User
Velko Velkov's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL View Post
This is passive wing twist.
Adaptive twist is passive wing twist with optimum degree
at different frequencies.
Velko Velkov is offline Find More Posts by Velko Velkov
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2013, 09:00 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velko Velkov View Post
Adaptive twist is passive wing twist with optimum degree
at different frequencies.
How do you adjust and set the optimum twist angle?
KJELL is offline Find More Posts by KJELL
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2013, 09:25 AM
Registered User
Velko Velkov's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL View Post
How do you adjust and set the optimum twist angle?
This is fourth main problem. I have some ideas.

See other my threads.
Velko Velkov is offline Find More Posts by Velko Velkov
Last edited by Velko Velkov; Aug 04, 2013 at 09:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2013, 11:16 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velko Velkov View Post
This is fourth main problem. I have some ideas.

See other my threads.
I cant find any demonstration how you are doing it.
KJELL is offline Find More Posts by KJELL
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2013, 04:28 AM
Registered User
Velko Velkov's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL View Post
I cant find any demonstration how you are doing it.
This is your comment to my demonstration

KJELL : This is my best wing with combinated flapping part and active wing twist with added membrane with passive wing twist.
Velko Velkov is offline Find More Posts by Velko Velkov
Last edited by Velko Velkov; Aug 16, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2013, 05:09 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velko Velkov View Post
This is your comment to my demonstration:

KJELL :"This is my best wing with combinated flapping part and active wing twist with added membrane with passive wing twist. "
Velko.

Can you show more details about the active and the passive wing twist?
KJELL is offline Find More Posts by KJELL
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Kazu Orni:Falcon 30iV 3D printing parts : Good Fast Flight:Operator View Kazu-kaku Ornithopters 1089 Yesterday 06:45 AM
Discussion Kestrel 31iV with Articulated wings by 3D printing Parts: Test Flight 3 & Hand catch Kazu-kaku Ornithopters 5 Jun 02, 2013 05:04 PM
Discussion Ornithoid with passive articulated adaptive wing 2 Velko Velkov Ornithopters 46 Feb 27, 2012 12:56 PM
Discussion Passive articulated ornithopter wings Velko Velkov Ornithopters 2 Feb 24, 2012 09:40 PM
Discussion Ornithoid with passive articulated adaptive wing Velko Velkov Ornithopters 3 Nov 22, 2011 11:24 AM