Just let people give their experiences
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:50 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,274 Posts
I had a very early DX 7, and while using a very early AR 6100 had a brownout-it is likely that I didn't properly design the power system.

I used the DX 7 for two more years and then got a JR X9303 to supplement my Hitec Optic 6 with a Spektrum module; and, then, I bought a Hitec A 9, and recently a DX 8-each has been flawless, even with clones.

Now, mind you, I'd be classified as a Sunday pilot.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:36 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,510 Posts
A valuable contribution.

For what it's worth, it's even harder to validate much less analyze the claims of those who say: "I've flown ____ for _____yrs/mos/days and haven't had any problems.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:37 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
A valuable contribution.

For what it's worth, it's even harder to validate much less analyze the claims of those who say: "I've flown ____ for _____yrs/mos/days and haven't had any problems.
I know, I was one of them
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:44 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,992 Posts
Quote:
A valuable contribution.

People don't make up stories about not having a problem.

Radio blame, on the other hand, is all part of the BS people spout after they have cocked up.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:53 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
People don't make up stories about not having a problem.

Radio blame, on the other hand, is all part of the BS people spout after they have cocked up.
Actually, they do. Especially when they don't want to admit they made a mistake or spent a lot of money.

I heard an Obot say on the radio that she is paying exactly the same amount for gasoline as she did four years ago. Whoever is the POTUS may not determine the price of gas but who you're cheering for may determine your position on whether or not you're getting screwed.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:10 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,984 Posts
Depends on how a person approaches problems
Admitting -even if only to yourself - a mistake ,is the first step in avoing further problems of a like nature.
One thing I learned long ago - Don't blame a problem on something you do not thoroughly understand .
Many years later , when I was hired to research industrial accidents , I learned that if I could not explain in detail,any issue in plain everyday conversational speech--I really did not understand how the problem occurred or how it could have been avoided .
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:19 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
Depends on how a person approaches problems
Admitting -even if only to yourself - a mistake ,is the first step in avoing further problems of a like nature.
One thing I learned long ago - Don't blame a problem on something you do not thoroughly understand .
Many years later , when I was hired to research industrial accidents , I learned that if I could not explain in detail,any issue in plain everyday conversational speech--I really did not understand how the problem occurred or how it could have been avoided .
I agree: there are very few genuine instances of inscrutable fault, and the author is usually in plain sight.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:24 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,992 Posts
Quote:
Actually, they do. Especially when they don't want to admit they made a mistake or spent a lot of money.

I heard an Obot say on the radio that she is paying exactly the same amount for gasoline as she did four years ago. Whoever is the POTUS may not determine the price of gas but who you're cheering for may determine your position on whether or not you're getting screwed.
So, according to you, I've made up the fact I've had no problems with my DX8 because I've had problems with my DX8 and don't want to admit it?

That's a massive stretch of your imagination.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:27 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,274 Posts
Actually, I think Ryan's position has "some" basis in fact: I have known a handful like that over the years, but never in this context.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:31 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
I'm not sure how much more the problem with Spektrum has to stated.

Flew plane
5min flying time no problem.
On a flypast the plane stopped responding rolled over and flew into the ground at full power.
Post mortem battery checked ok
Rx still in bind

So many people explain these problems in plain english, clearly and are then accused by the Spektrum fans that they don;t know what they're doing.

So do you want simple accounts Dick or do yo want complicated accounts. It seems you're just using similar bully tactics to get people to shut up as that lying cheating defrauding cycling country man of yours Phlance Pharmstrong.

I've witnessed enough of the unexplained losses of control to decide I won't spend my own money on their kit.
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:47 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post

Flew plane
On a flypast the plane stopped responding rolled over and flew into the ground at full power.
Rx still in bind

So many people explain these problems in plain english, clearly and are then accused by the Spektrum fans that they don;t know what they're doing.

So do you want simple accounts Dick or do yo want complicated accounts. It seems you're just using similar bully tactics to get people to shut up as that lying cheating defrauding cycling country man of yours Phlance Pharmstrong.

I've witnessed enough of the unexplained losses of control to decide I won't spend my own money on their kit.
Actually, you make my point.
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:51 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,992 Posts
Quote:

Try explaining crashes before attributing blame.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:57 AM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Apr 2008
938 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone (fanboy) to explain this video to me. These are the people who designed the DMSS protocol for JR. In there own words, okay subtitles, they talk about how inferior JR's old protocol was.

These are experts, not Mr. Newby who caused all his own issues with his inferior power solutions and/or install.

I'm no electronics guru with a PhD but these guys ARE. Just imagine how they would have talked about the old JR system if they were not coming off a multi-year relationship with the said company.

DMSS our secret! (English subtitles) --(New) (5 min 52 sec)
Mikecam is offline Find More Posts by Mikecam
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:06 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,096 Posts
Quote:

Flew plane

Rx still in bind

I've witnessed enough of the unexplained losses of control to decide I won't spend my own money on their kit
If it flew into the ground at FULL POWER then clearly something is wrong with your failsafe. Failsafe is user set, so this means user did something NOT RIGHT and this could be the cause of your crash.

Too many variables to a crash to quickly blame the radio. Out of what you just described, I would not be so quick to put blame on the radio but rather blame something else not done right.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip