HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:57 AM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimH View Post
I do not think not having the circuit will save your model, voltage tends to go down very fast when the battery is nearly empty.
I was just having that discussion with respect to my 9X which is powered off 2 18650 protected cells. The protection kicks in at 2.5V, and even if the pack was grossly out of balance it's hard to see the transmitter working with one cell below 2.5V. Maybe with the 9XR and a 3S pack that's not the case, and it would work even with one cell completely dead.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:06 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
they put RTFM en the manual? hahaha can't believe they use an acronym with the word
"f*ck" in a product...
also they put the web 9xforums.com in the manual... w0w
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:26 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
they put RTFM en the manual? hahaha can't believe they use an acronym with the word
"f*ck" in a product...
also they put the web 9xforums.com in the manual... w0w
Read The Full Manual
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:54 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Oh joy, looks like I'll be having a trip to the Parcelfarce depot to pay the customs fee...

At least with Royal Mail their Fee is cheaper.

It still waiting for a customs "random check", so looks like it won't be till Wednesday I receive it at the earliest.

Si.
Heh, as expected I'm "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" in HK since 12/27!
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:51 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
Heh, as expected I'm "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" in HK since 12/27!
My other one is still on similar - "The item was posted on 27-Dec-2012 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee". Infact it was only updated to that today. Before that, it was showing nothing at all.

It's frustrating that the SCS Express one is unlikely to get here on time, as I have testing lab time booked for the end of this and next week. So apart from not having a chance to play with it until next week, if I had any spare lab time remaining, I could have thrown it in the test chamber for a quick scan to see if it actually passes EMC requirements. Would be interesting to see if HK actually test these things...

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:55 AM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
Well good news... according to Nebstress he used a Nano-tech 2500mah 3S Lipo TX Pack. So we know the battery plug is a standard 3S balance plug. An Life should work fine especially if they left the low voltage alarm set to 9 volts.

Seeing as how big the battery space is and there is a new board in the center under the module bay, it is more concerning that there is a lot less room for mods like the FrSky telemetry mod.
bkahuna is offline Find More Posts by bkahuna
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:01 AM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,060 Posts
It looks like my 9XR is going to arrive today.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:16 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahuna View Post
Well good news... according to Nebstress he used a Nano-tech 2500mah 3S Lipo TX Pack. So we know the battery plug is a standard 3S balance plug. An Life should work fine especially if they left the low voltage alarm set to 9 volts.

Seeing as how big the battery space is and there is a new board in the center under the module bay, it is more concerning that there is a lot less room for mods like the FrSky telemetry mod.
Well, HK said the battery connected with the 3S JST-XH balancer plug from the very beginning. Also clearly visible from the pics on their site...
You can set your own low voltage cutoff easily with ER9X, so the 9V is just a preset and can easily be modified.

Why do you need so much space for the telemetry mod? I think the battery compartment may be big enough to fit the whole FRSKY 'hack" module along with the battery...
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:17 AM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
It looks like my 9XR is going to arrive today.
Did you go with EMS shipping or standard?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:21 AM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
I just checked and mine is due to arrive today as well. Whoohoo!

EDIT: Crap wrong tracking number... It just left customs so another day or so for me.
Last edited by bkahuna; Dec 31, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:26 AM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimH View Post
I think the battery compartment may be big enough to fit the whole FRSKY 'hack" module along with the battery...
That would make it difficult to remove back cover as it would have wires going between the cases. It's best if possible to keep all the wires and electronics in the front cover in my opinion.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:29 AM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahuna View Post
Did you go with EMS shipping or standard?
EMS, the shipping doesn't take that long, but processing in the HK warehouse is very slow.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:33 AM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
EMS, the shipping doesn't take that long, but processing in the HK warehouse is very slow.
Yeah, all those programming headers to solder in by hand!
pmullen503 is online now Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:35 AM
Columbus Ohio.
Joined Aug 2006
151 Posts
Does any component in this radio require more than 5 volts? If not, then why the 12 volt battery?
RJKIRK is offline Find More Posts by RJKIRK
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJKIRK View Post
Does any component in this radio require more than 5 volts? If not, then why the 12 volt battery?
because is made by HK,
is a shame they wired that way the ISP, they claim to make a nice radio and all they try is take advantage of others work to get profit, like OpenLRS, er9x, multiwii AIO...

Look the Wfly WTF07, well designed 1S batt radio, clean looking without lot of edges to get dust in.
9XR is all the opposite.
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Last edited by wallaguest1; Dec 31, 2012 at 08:47 AM.