HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:22 AM
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
Got just me a genuine Imax B6 charger...
Just to be sure, the stock battery that came with the f45 (the blue one)... is it a lipo battery ?

It does not have the normal form-factor so i'm suspicious
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:36 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post
Just to be sure, the stock battery that came with the f45 (the blue one)... is it a lipo battery ?

Most here (incl. me) are convinced it is actually a Li-Ion 7.2v Battery. I charge my stock battery on my iMax B6 as a Li-Ion and I still get the usual 8-10 minutes flight time with it.

Some Li-Ion batteries can actually be 7.4v batteries, but if it isn't and you charge it as a LiPo, chances are you will damage the cells over time. Under charging will hurt it a LOT less than over charging
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:50 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post

How do I tell the difference between a "genuine" and a "non-genuine" Imax B6? been contemplating getting one, but don't want to end up paying for a duff unit.
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Oct 2012
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
How do I tell the difference between a "genuine" and a "non-genuine" Imax B6? been contemplating getting one, but don't want to end up paying for a duff unit.
HobbyKing has two types listed, including the genuine one, which is a bit more expensive. Also a genuine one should have a serial no. and maybe a hologram sticker. If its very cheap, its probably a fake. eBay is going to be risky, unless they specifically state its genuine.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:25 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
This is what you are looking for:
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:23 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
HobbyKing has two types listed, including the genuine one, which is a bit more expensive. Also a genuine one should have a serial no. and maybe a hologram sticker. If its very cheap, its probably a fake. eBay is going to be risky, unless they specifically state its genuine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
This is what you are looking for:
Thanks guys, just the info I was after. By the looks of the back of this one (not to mention the price ) it's a "non-genuine article" and not worth even contemplating.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Im...r-p-46220.html

Wondering if you think a genuine Imax B6 would be something like what I should be looking for.

At the moment I'm flying (apart from the name) v911, so the stock usb charger I suppose is perfect for it. My intentions in the near future are to mod one or more v911s to take the batteries for mcpx etc and to get myself a F45 and a couple of Turnigy (or similar) batteries. I may or may not get into 6-ch CP flying sometime (probably will, to tell the truth ) but don't need to go there equipmentwise til it's set in stone. I have a battery voltage tester with buzzer on the way for the F45 and need to see about getting a charger.

Question is, is there anything else you would really recommend I get in the meantime given what I have in mind? If this is a bit off-topic, could someone hit me with a link to where it belongs.

Thanks for your time guys
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:44 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys, just the info I was after. By the looks of the back of this one (not to mention the price ) it's a "non-genuine article" and not worth even contemplating.

Wondering if you think a genuine Imax B6 would be something like what I should be looking for.

At the moment I'm flying (apart from the name) v911, so the stock usb charger I suppose is perfect for it. My intentions in the near future are to mod one or more v911s to take the batteries for mcpx etc and to get myself a F45 and a couple of Turnigy (or similar) batteries. I may or may not get into 6-ch CP flying sometime (probably will, to tell the truth ) but don't need to go there equipmentwise til it's set in stone. I have a battery voltage tester with buzzer on the way for the F45 and need to see about getting a charger.

Question is, is there anything else you would really recommend I get in the meantime given what I have in mind? If this is a bit off-topic, could someone hit me with a link to where it belongs.

Tigg
I have the one from banggood and it works fine. It's not a genuine as far as I can see. The nanotech batteries are excellent. V911 charger is excellent, I use it for V929 AS well.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:52 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:

Tigg
For 25.00 for a fake that still requires a power supply, I would spend a little extra and get the original Imax with power supply. If it fails, will they give you warranty?
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:48 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
I have a 'fake' IMAX B6AC with the built-in power supply. I bought it without knowing about genuine vs fake chargers, but I have not had any issues with it. That is not to say that some will have issues, of course.

When I see discussions about these chargers I have to chuckle as I think about the 'genuine' 99 cent usb chargers that come with these birds, charging the $2 'genuine' batteries many of us use.

I have always used the bobepine principle of cheap chargers on cheap batteries - use 0.9c charge rate. I have some very cheap batteries that I have charged with my cheap charger going on 50+ cycles with no issues. I have a myriad of adapter cables and only need 1 charger on the shelf.

Of course, to each their own.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Brushless motor system

Noticed that topstoys.com is offering a brushless motor "system" for the F45/645. Can one of you knowledgeable folks comment on the components, mounting etc? Thanks.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:12 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
Noticed that topstoys.com is offering a brushless motor "system" for the F45/645. Can one of you knowledgeable folks comment on the components, mounting etc? Thanks.
Might you have a link for that ?
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Might you have a link for that ?
http://www.topstoys.com/new-free-shi...58843599392b1c
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Interesting that the ESC is powered by the PCB. Hmmmmmm???
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:48 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Dang it, I'm about ready to push the button on this kit..... whatcha guys think ?

Thanks for the link Arrowshooter !!
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:06 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,496 Posts
Well, I'm still a n00b but for the price it looks interesting. The motor looks like a 3900kv I've seen on other sites. Someone mentioned the ESC goes into the previous main-motor plug. I wonder how well that will hold up under load. Only one way to find out I suppose.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member