HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:10 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,061 Posts
That sucks Juan, but I like the cajones to go out on the paddle board in shorts in 29*F. Well done! If you have any salvageable parts, I'd be interested.
Hope all is well on the North Shore...
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2014, 06:00 PM
Gravity gives sinking feeling
Joined Jun 2011
2,048 Posts
Simple ideas are the best

Hi Guys,

Hope you had a good Christmas and recovered from excessive food and drink. A part of the Christmas spirit

At our club Peter came up with his idea/ solution against low and dazzling winter sun. Pretty effective. BTW, on the other side of the envelope, Peter has full shopping list...

Best wishes for the year 2015

Cheers
CurrentDude is offline Find More Posts by CurrentDude
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:44 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
2,199 Posts
I just purchased a slightly used Beaver. For some reason, the two air scoops are not on it. Can anyone sell me theirs left over from a crash?
NCRealEstateGuy is offline Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:54 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Manukau
Joined Jun 2008
174 Posts
Yeh, I've got a pair but the shipping cost back to US is going to make them gold plated at least.
RCFlyingKiwi is offline Find More Posts by RCFlyingKiwi
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:21 AM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
2,199 Posts
I appreciate it Kiwi, but you are probably right on the excessive shipping costs. What are your thoughts on the Beaver?
Anyone else with spares?
NCRealEstateGuy is offline Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:03 AM
Springfield, VA
Joined Feb 2000
1,247 Posts
In doing my Flyzone Beaver kitbash, I needed to get the scoops. Using some pink foam and a sanding block, it took about 5 minutes each to make, then just seal and paint. Might be an option to consider.

PS--I also have one of these, this is my single Beaver, my Flyzone project is the fantasy scale Twin Beaver...
pmisuinas is offline Find More Posts by pmisuinas
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:01 PM
Radio-active flyer
Canada, ON, Port Hope
Joined Apr 2012
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
I appreciate it Kiwi, but you are probably right on the excessive shipping costs. What are your thoughts on the Beaver?
Anyone else with spares?

Its great second or third model. Flown mine lots, it is very stable once you get it dialed in. I use mine for mounting my Go Pro for aerial video and it does a very good job of it. Only thing to watch for with this model is tip stalling if you let the airspeed drop too much. More than one person on this thread has been caught out with it. Other than that, its a very versatile kit. Mine has skis on it now for winter flying but up until now the snow has been skimpy, and now that we lots of it, the temps are just too cold for bare handed flying.
Rem Fodder is online now Find More Posts by Rem Fodder
Old Feb 19, 2015, 01:50 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
I just purchased a slightly used Beaver. For some reason, the two air scoops are not on it. Can anyone sell me theirs left over from a crash?
You might try pm-ing Juan (jsnaphook). He crashed his recently (click back one page and you'll see his post), and he may have some spare parts...
Best,
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2015, 03:32 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Manukau
Joined Jun 2008
174 Posts
Love the platinum Beaver, several 100 flights on mine and going strong. Love the balance of nasty and nice, it'll bite if you don't treat it right. We now have a couple of float Beavers in this part of the world, they sound great. Only one thing better than a Wasp and that of course is a Merlin. Had our local 2 seater Spit overhead yesterday hooning for the peasants on the ground.

Enjoy your Breaver but be wary about getting in the air too soon, air speed is a good friend.
RCFlyingKiwi is offline Find More Posts by RCFlyingKiwi