HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2015, 11:22 AM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonski View Post
I installed a second rctimer bluetooth module on another quad for an afroflight flashed with Naze32 1.7.2. The first bluetooth connects with no problems on the other quad, but the new one will not connect via my android S4 (Same exact setups on both quads). I checked the Tx-Rx connection and is that same and switched to make sure. Power is connected the same as the other. I get a red flashing light, but no solid green light like the other. Any ideas what to try next?
I was messing around with a new BT module today & EasyGUI. My Moto-x connected with code 1234 and was paired.

The EasyGUI needed me to go into the settings and select which BT device I was connecting to since I have another BT module and quite a few other BT devices.

Another thing that came up, looks like some of the BT modules are set to 9600baud as the default while the EasyGUI uses 115K, so it has to be changed on the BT module..

This guy has a site for doing this... http://blog.oscarliang.net/multiwii-...nge-baud-rate/
Dangaras is online now Find More Posts by Dangaras
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2015, 11:32 AM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
4,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangaras View Post
Ok so Emergency CLI Mode, nice idea... How does one use it? I cant find any directions and I need to save my settings before I do a FW upgrade......

My FW is older than the baseflight configurator so I'm stuck in this mode until I can figure out how to get my settings out???
Just use a Terminal program (TeraTerm, Putty, etc) type 'dump' in each Profile and then copy and paste into a Text file (text editor like notepad). Simplest method to save CLI setup.
Then you can copy paste from the text file back into CLI to restore setup.
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr
Old Mar 02, 2015, 12:08 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
Just use a Terminal program (TeraTerm, Putty, etc) type 'dump' in each Profile and then copy and paste into a Text file (text editor like notepad). Simplest method to save CLI setup.
Then you can copy paste from the text file back into CLI to restore setup.
Ay, so simple. Thanks waltr.... Ill give it a try...
Old Mar 02, 2015, 08:05 PM
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
708 Posts
Quote:
I was messing around with a new BT module today & EasyGUI. My Moto-x connected with code 1234 and was paired.

The EasyGUI needed me to go into the settings and select which BT device I was connecting to since I have another BT module and quite a few other BT devices.

Another thing that came up, looks like some of the BT modules are set to 9600baud as the default while the EasyGUI uses 115K, so it has to be changed on the BT module..

This guy has a site for doing this... http://blog.oscarliang.net/multiwii-...nge-baud-rate/
Thanks for the ideas to try! I was playing around with the EasyGUI today and found the place to change the BT module to the other one... will give that a shot tonight. I also changed the baud rate of the BT to 115K.
TheDonski is online now Find More Posts by TheDonski
Old Mar 02, 2015, 09:33 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonski View Post
thanks for the ideas to try! I was playing around with the easygui today and found the place to change the bt module to the other one... Will give that a shot tonight. I also changed the baud rate of the bt to 115k. :d
np...
Old Mar 02, 2015, 10:10 PM
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
708 Posts
Quote:

Seems that changing the baud rate and selecting the second BT in the menu did the trick! Thanks again!
TheDonski is online now Find More Posts by TheDonski
Old Mar 02, 2015, 10:19 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonski View Post
Seems that changing the baud rate and selecting the second BT in the menu did the trick! Thanks again!
Yup, i only caught it because the BT module showed up as HC06. Then I remembered reading about the issues with the BT module baud rate in the blog I posted.

Paying attention worked out for once...
Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinLB View Post
I just got my first Naze32. I'm ready to flash with firmware but I am unsure which file to flash with. Afrodevices has 15 files to choose from. If it helps the board is going into a fpv250 and I'm running windows 7.
OK I tried baseflight_ikf_pt1.zip. I used the baseflight_iKF\obj\baseflight.hex file and it did not work. I receive message "This firmware version is not supported. Please upgrade to version 2.31 or higher".
Not sure if I should be using hex, Bin, or s19

Got it to work!The flash was done correctly through FlashLoader, I just need to update firmware through baseflight
Use baseflight configurator - this is google chrome app. You do not need any of these old hex files.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Today, 06:04 PM
Joined Aug 2013
47 Posts
Hey guys,

Hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I'm having with setting up a friends Naze.

Setup is a Naze32 using BF - Latest FW. Tx is a DX6i bound to a single satellite.

Basically I can't get the end points to 1000/2000 on any channel, even with adjusting end points to 125. Highest I can get is about 1050/1950, give or take a few points.

Any suggestions on this? I've setup loads of Naze boards, this is the first time I've had this issue.

Cheers

Dan
dani_r is offline Find More Posts by dani_r
Old Today, 06:10 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2005
1,334 Posts
Anyone here using the Full Naze32 with GPS and RTH and\or Position hold function? If so, do you use an OSD with it? Which OSD do you use and do you have a link for a wiring diagram?

Thanks!
balbs is online now Find More Posts by balbs
Old Today, 08:40 PM
United States, VA
Joined Sep 2013
3,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dani_r View Post
Basically I can't get the end points to 1000/2000 on any channel, even with adjusting end points to 125. Highest I can get is about 1050/1950, give or take a few points.
1050 and 1950 should be fine. Its really just getting below and higher than min/max check respectively.

Its been a while since I used a DX6i, I think you need to adjust to +125 and -125. The latter moving the stick down or left to get the negative.
KC_703 is offline Find More Posts by KC_703