Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:59 AM
Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
4,013 Posts
Thanks Wayne! yeah- that was a fun flight! Scottie informed me via telephone that those micro batteries are only good for about 100 cycles,- if they're new- of which the UMX Radian is a purchase from last year- so I guess 5 batteries will do me well!After pondering the whole thing, look for a new header on my blog, compared to an Email thingy. I havn't any pics yet, but did inform Tony of the mishap. I surely did love the reassessing priorities during the drive home!
heckn's i was even laughin' @ werk last night! ( can't do that if ya werk @ amazon, now though! ( CBS report)
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Worst Flight Decision?
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:37 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,774 Posts
I bought a two meter T-tail glider at RC swap meet. Did some repairs and flew it last sat. Wing had some warps in T/E but bird did fly. I broke rear of fuse. but now repaired. took heat gun and removed alot od warp but did not want to over do it. Tail section fixed has four plywood braces plus going to wrap in carbon veil. I hope to finish a new two meter glider to fly with this. While no big deal this has got me flying gliders. Local flyer is been doing this a long time. Thremal and slope. funny thing I knew this guy from friend years ago. I thought he was only into Slope. From forum found out his handle here and same dude. Anyway a new adventure under way.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
4,013 Posts
Yowzer! Way to go dankar! I 'inherited' a few 'oldies' myself! - they're living in the garage right now!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Worst Flight Decision?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 01:04 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,774 Posts
That old T-tail woodie got ball rolling. Just bought a new Sig Riser woodie and have it under way real soon. Guy was flying a 3 meter Monarch.
Bird flew well. There is a kit of such/ plus a short kit. I may go for Short kit as I have bought wood over a long time. Time to use some of it. I don't need some multi grand Gliders. Thats all nice for those whom think its way to go.
T-tail is ready to go again and took out alot of warps in wing. Tail section has been repaired and it will not break there again. Maybe someplace else.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 01:13 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,774 Posts
I started my Great Planes Vista 2 meter. Hey its a woodie ARF. Bird has very stout main brace. Two pieces of aluminum and wood center. Wings are joined with slow epoxy. I am using med ca. for stab and rudder as want to move along. Stab with get leather fillet under stab. This will make very stong bond. I may use slow epoxy on rudder but think ca. will be fine. As it has a wood fillet. Bird looks real nice and built well.
update tail feathers are in and looking good. TX batteries are charging and next install servos. Gotta go model getting near done.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by Alienmenacet54
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Oct 2014
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I started my Great Planes Vista 2 meter. Hey its a woodie ARF. Bird has very stout main brace. Two pieces of aluminum and wood center. Wings are joined with slow epoxy. I am using med ca. for stab and rudder as want to move along. Stab with get leather fillet under stab. This will make very stong bond. I may use slow epoxy on rudder but think ca. will be fine. As it has a wood fillet. Bird looks real nice and built well.
update tail feathers are in and looking good. TX batteries are charging and next install servos. Gotta go model getting near done.
Tell me how it does, I was thinking about getting that. I am also looking to get the Big E-Fair from Hobby King For next year.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=65978
Alienmenacet54 is offline Find More Posts by Alienmenacet54
Old Aug 27, 2015, 03:25 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,774 Posts
Vista Rocks

I started this morning. Vista is all built and servos are in. I just need to install horns to EV/RD. When my TX is charged center servos and install contol arms. I'm going with EZ connectors. Hook up RX/Switch/ battery and see how it works. Last cut out space for switch in fuse. Install hook for Hi-Start and balance.
Wing will come off building board tonite and leave alone till tomorrow morning. I was not rushing and it took only a few easy hours. I have had this for years sitting. covering is pretty good fo all that time. Its shines pretty darn nice. I was surprised at how nice it is. Plus fun to assemble. no hassels at all. everything fit fine.
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
Find More Posts by 2motheus
3 Sons - Legos and Lift
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Apr 2004
584 Posts
dankar,
If you haven't glued the wing halves together, consider leaving the joiner blade loose, or gluing it into just one side. This will allow it to remain a two piece wing - much easier to transport.
Tim
http://onewinch.com
2motheus is offline Find More Posts by 2motheus
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2motheus View Post
dankar,
If you haven't glued the wing halves together, consider leaving the joiner blade loose, or gluing it into just one side. This will allow it to remain a two piece wing - much easier to transport.
Tim
http://onewinch.com
I was thinking about that as very strong joiner for sure. To late deed is done. today finish details and fly tomorrow. My car two meter is max but they go in easy. I'm going to use an old but new Hi-Tech Lazer 6 radio set.
I have had it for year but got into heli several years ago. Anyway bird looks good. Now to get back to work needed to finish.
Old Today, 01:05 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,774 Posts
My T-tail is ready to go with few mods done since its Maident flight last week. My RX battery packs either wrong size or dead for my new Vista. I have a dry pack but with case around it is also to big for compartrment. So either share new 2500 ma pack or put dry pack in T-tail. It fits and used it last week. I have it so nice and snug but do what needs to be done. I need to order a few more new AA 2500 ma packs from Aloft. I have been doing Helis and no real fight box. Need to make one up for gliders. Batteries/ glue/ tools/ etc. I di have TX case that hold two TX's. Plus misc. gear.
While this may be moot to most in last two months built two foamie 3 D's
Restored my T-tail to flying condition. Built the Vista in two days to flight status. Plus repaired one of my helis to boot. Thats more done then ever before even years ago.