Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by rcrich
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,668 Posts
Discussion
multiplex razor

Looks like multiplex has a new plane out! Hope it hits the states soon because it looks cool.
Multiplex interview at Dortmund Intermodellbau expo. (6 min 0 sec)
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by rcrich
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,668 Posts
quick pic
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by Guiltz
what ?!
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Tarbes
Joined Nov 2011
123 Posts
Yesss .. Really nice little racer..!! I hope to get it soon but seems to be hard to find even in Europe.. I don't know what's the problem with Multiplex new releases... Hopefully it will be available soon, but all the websites on which I'm used to order still have this bird on backorder...!!!
Guiltz is offline Find More Posts by Guiltz
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by eckace1
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,890 Posts
Is that a Nemesis?
That sailplane looks familiar too
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by Guiltz
what ?!
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Tarbes
Joined Nov 2011
123 Posts
Well... She finally arrived in the french stores..!!!

I think I'll wait to see a few reviews before I make up my mind...

Also because E-Flite is just about to release (end November) a fabulous Edge 540 with a 660mm wingspan and tons of power..!!

RCGroups review here : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1758296

We'll see...!
Guiltz is offline Find More Posts by Guiltz
Old Apr 01, 2013, 01:35 PM
Find More Posts by Var.
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Thank goodness. A receiver ready airplane from HH. I'm glad Multiplex is doing their own thing. I might actually spend some money with them
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Apr 02, 2013, 02:16 PM
Find More Posts by MRGTX
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
Thank goodness. A receiver ready airplane from HH. I'm glad Multiplex is doing their own thing. I might actually spend some money with them
They have been offering Rx Ready planes for quite a while. Typically, these offerings have had brushed power systems but they all fly well.

BTW, have you ever tried assembling a MPX kit? I hate building...but I thoroughly enjoy putting their planes together. The fit is perfect, the part count is low and everything just makes sense. It's immensely satisfying, actually.

I strongly reccmond giving it a try.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Apr 08, 2013, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by Var.
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
They have been offering Rx Ready planes for quite a while. Typically, these offerings have had brushed power systems but they all fly well.

BTW, have you ever tried assembling a MPX kit? I hate building...but I thoroughly enjoy putting their planes together. The fit is perfect, the part count is low and everything just makes sense. It's immensely satisfying, actually.

I strongly reccmond giving it a try.
I built a Fun Cub. It flies really well.

But I don't think I wanna built another one anytime soon.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by Var.
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Does anyone know if the motor on this will have the short shaft like the 540qq?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:53 AM
Find More Posts by visgesig
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Motor shaft length answer

Quote:
Does anyone know if the motor on this will have the short shaft like the 540qq?
Not sure what you mean with "short" but let me try and help. The motor takes a grub screw collet adaptor for the prop. Without the adaptor the shaft measures 11 mm from the firewall. See pics. Fantastic plane BTW, very happy with mine. Have an edge as well which I have yet to maiden.
visgesig is offline Find More Posts by visgesig
Old Apr 14, 2013, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by Var.
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by visgesig View Post
Not sure what you mean with "short" but let me try and help. The motor takes a grub screw collet adaptor for the prop. Without the adaptor the shaft measures 11 mm from the firewall. See pics. Fantastic plane BTW, very happy with mine. Have an edge as well which I have yet to maiden.
Thanks for the pics and measurements. I'm really interested in this plane right now.

The collet adapter on the edge is super short and therefore only takes Horizon Hobby propellers. It's an easy fix to get a different adapter on there, but still one of those annoying proprietary parts and they were sold out their special prop for a really long time
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:46 PM
Find More Posts by visgesig
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the pics and measurements. I'm really interested in this plane right now.

The collet adapter on the edge is super short and therefore only takes Horizon Hobby propellers. It's an easy fix to get a different adapter on there, but still one of those annoying proprietary parts and they were sold out their special prop for a really long time
Most welcome hope it helped. In my original reply I meant to say without collet adaptor, just a set screw (or grub screw depending on which side of the Atlantic you are on :-). You will easily be able to fit any other prop on there.

I can say in comparing the build quality between the models that the Razzor is in a different class. Lots of issues to "fix" with the Edge (but that has already been reported elsewhere). None of them are biggies but it takes time. Please bear in mind that these are completely different aircraft in flight performance and envelope and the Razzor is surprisingly quick. Either way both aircraft will be a joy to own.
visgesig is offline Find More Posts by visgesig
Old Apr 17, 2013, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by Var.
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Ya I saw that the flight speed said > 100kmh. I don't really need it to go that fast, so I'd try to experiment with props to get the absolute most low end thrust possible without overloading the ESC.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:58 AM
Find More Posts by S.Davy
Save a tree fly a foamy
United States, CA, Marshall
Joined Apr 2005
610 Posts
Looks like a fun little plane. I'd be inclined to build one if I could get a foam kit rather than a RTF.

I think Multiplex planes are wonderful, but I wonder why they don't offer kits of the planes that they offer as RTF.

Edit: I've posted the question in the Hitec/Multiplex forum here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2286023

Edit: note that my post/question has been deleted ,and without the courtesy of a reply.
S.Davy is online now Find More Posts by S.Davy
Last edited by S.Davy; Aug 11, 2015 at 01:24 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:59 AM
Find More Posts by S.Davy
Save a tree fly a foamy
United States, CA, Marshall
Joined Apr 2005
610 Posts
Well I went ahead and got one, and have to say that the quality is pathetic by Multiplex standards.

1. the canopy don't fit right

2. the props are so far out of balance as to be not worth the effort to balance them

3. the decals are pealing

4. the tires rub on the wheel pants

5. the landing gear wire does not fit the plastic mount on the fuselage

6. the landing gear wire is formed so as to give one wheel a toe out and a ridiculous amount of toe out on the other
S.Davy is online now Find More Posts by S.Davy