SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:14 AM
Joined Jan 2009
96 Posts
Discussion
Glider - how to hook up eloggerV3

Hi,

I would like to install my eloggerV3 in my F3F glider, (no motor)

The goal is to get information about total current beeing drawn by the whole rc equipment.

do I hook up the rx battery into the BAT port of the elogger, and then the receiver to the ESC port? (would use two servo connectors that go into the rx)

thanks for answering.

Cyril
jibber is offline Find More Posts by jibber
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:54 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Cyril,

That should work. The issues you may encounter are issues when the voltage drops below around 4.5 volts, and issues dealing with the resolution of current logging with the eLogger.

Another option would be our servo current monitor, which has much higher resolution current sensing, but it's an eLogger accessory, so you'd still need the eLogger to be powered.

We've had a standalone receiver/servo current monitor on our list for ages, but never seem to have time to get to it.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor