SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:22 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,672 Posts
Before modern timesIllnesses, natural disasters, and bad happenings in general were perceive by people at the time to come from some unknown source which we constantly assumed was god or his vengeance. Superstitions.

Yip,Yip...Lets sacrafice 50 human beings now to the sun gods so as we may have a healthy crop come in next year. ( crazy i tell ya ) ..... All hail to the lucky 51st guy that got to keep his life and work his corn field the following year. He carved in stone on his 17th birthday " Dear diary, wheeeewww that was a close call ".
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:23 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Fin: I'm on my 3rd name change here in rcgroups. ( courtesy of Jim G. ) I guess i bore easy of avatar names..ha...I was basically watching the matrix movie and they used the word Xion a few time's. Thought it was cool at the time..lol Of course you know what a dejavu is, So the whole name just made no sense what so ever, So i thought it was the hippy thing to do.

Mhills..I know what you mean about ppl giving bad info on their religions..I say I'm church of Christ and ppl's first thought is that I'm mormon..NOT.. I do believe in one god we all share. Now if we can just somehow mix this whole evolution thing and god all into one equation it would all work out well for me and make sense. As of lately I'm one confused dude with some deep questions that i think time will only answer.
Faith is your only chance at this point, at least that's what I'm tokd everytime. A chance to be wrong...

Well if god exists, and it's pretty apparent that evolution is at least a mechanism of how we (or at least you have to admit, other species) came to be, then there is already a mix of god and evolution... We're here, just live, unihibited from the pollution we've been taught. As long as you're not a pyschopath or sociopath... which then again nature created them that way too, so who knows. Nature is untamed, unpredictable, and unfair.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Before modern timesIllnesses, natural disasters, and bad happenings in general were perceive by people at the time to come from some unknown source which we constantly assumed was god or his vengeance. Superstitions.

Yip,Yip...Lets sacrafice 50 human beings now to the sun gods so as we may have a healthy crop come in next year. ( crazy i tell ya ) ..... All hail to the lucky 51st guy that got to keep his life and work his corn field the following year. He carved in stone on his 17th birthday " wheeeewww that was a close call ".
Exactly. Judeo-based religions have crazy things too... genocide, slavery, blood sacrifices... all seen as great ideas.

In my eyes god seems crazy, no matter the religion. A lot of Great people worship mediocrity it seems to me. Please no offense.

Dejavu if your interested check out Sam Harris (atheist, but great philosopher & overall thinker), he's awesome. The questions are more important than the answers... and not having an answer to some things actually reiterates the question, and why it's a question. Like we could ever know everything already about things like the universe, god, and everything else is pure arrogance. Hitchens is great too, he asks the right questions... Dawkins is another good one. These guys are just smart people, asking the right questions...

From the proverbial horses mouth,
'Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.' Thess 5:21
In other words: Question everything, keep the good.
Last edited by finguz; Feb 02, 2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:53 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,272 Posts
My only problem with evolution is the proof lol! Yes they have proof that cells have changed. When it comes to people they are still looking for the missing link. My problem if they find one it is that they (and they have) find some anomaly. I have to be the one of reason but one skull would not be a sign of evolution when they find the normal ones with it and the fact that they are looking for one should be a sign that evolution does exist but not the way they are looking. When you are looking for a change when you shouldn't need to is a problem. Meaning that such a change should be easy to see because the change would be a little at a time.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:16 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,139 Posts
DNA comparisons prove evolution, pretty uncanny if evolution is not true.

The scientific community (at the least) used to think if aliens existed that would be an anomaly or something unbelievable. Then a few came along and asked... with about 300 billion stars in our galaxy, times the 100s of biilions of VISIBLE galaxies, and not including, but plus however big the universe is outside of our field of vision. it would be way crazier and odd if we were the only ones. As far as purpose, the universe serves as a blackhole generator FAR more than to support us or any other sparse life outside of earth.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:32 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
Exactly. Judeo-based religions have crazy things too... genocide, slavery, blood sacrifices... all seen as great ideas.

In my eyes god seems crazy, no matter the religion. A lot of Great people worship mediocrity it seems to me. Please no offense.

Dejavu if your interested check out Sam Harris (atheist, but great philosopher & overall thinker), he's awesome. The questions are more important than the answers... and not having an answer to some things actually reiterates the question, and why it's a question. Like we could ever know everything already about things like the universe, god, and everything else is pure arrogance. Hitchens is great too, he asks the right questions... Dawkins is another good one. These guys are just smart people, asking the right questions...

From the proverbial horses mouth,
'Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.' Thess 5:21
In other words: Question everything, keep the good.
Will do some home work on this one..thanks.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:44 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
DNA comparisons prove evolution, pretty uncanny if evolution is not true.

The scientific community (at the least) used to think if aliens existed that would be an anomaly or something unbelievable. Then a few came along and asked... with about 300 billion stars in our galaxy, times the 100s of biilions of VISIBLE galaxies, and not including, but plus however big the universe is outside of our field of vision. it would be way crazier and odd if we were the only ones. As far as purpose, the universe serves as a blackhole generator FAR more than to support us or any other sparse life outside of earth.

Bingo....This is exacly what i'm talking about. This is all something i never gave much thought to the first 40 years of my life. But in recent years so much more is known now for fact, where as in past it was just speculation. I believe in just one god, And it boggles my mind as to all that is potentialy out there and we are still clueless to...Just think of all future generations that will know for fact in whats out there in just a short 200-300 years from now. Sad we dont get to see any of it. or will we in a diffrent form ??? ...( things that make ya go hmmmmm )

If you told someone just a 200 years ago that man would walk on the moon, They would have thought you were insane. That or had you hung as a witch. ha
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:38 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,139 Posts
These are exciting times too, I've always found science to be nonlinear in growth. Discoveries in one field give huge leaps and bounds to others. Meaning don't be surprised if one day soon you find yourself on the moon and you got there faster-than-light, or even travelling through time . All theoretically possible.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:38 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,672 Posts
Funguz..take note of the first page in this thread.. remember Harry Henderson ? And once again he has been banned. ...I figure this will give me about a week of peace in rcgroups without his insane pm"s and constant tag alongs. The guy is by far the king of trolls in all rc heli forums.

Did you find the settings you were looking for on your stryker ? I figure im about 3 weeks out from flying the new rhap. And its killing me. All sun-shine here with no wind . And of course that all changes with the winds due in march.. Something funny: i have been so used to buying 6 & 7 channel rx's for my helis it did not dawn on me till yesterday all i need is a 4 channel dsmx for this plank. That saved me like $30 .
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Feb 03, 2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:53 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,139 Posts
Crazy man.

In the stryker settings it show 50% expo at high rate, and 20% at low rate.. is this backwards or does the higher expo help (soften) with the higher rate setting? I assume these are dual rates settings? Planks are weird.. btw I heard plank is a derogatory term... like blenderhead for helis. I don't mind blenderhead, cool bad religion song too .

I need help setting up my foamie too, I'm a beginner... I'm not sure what kind of throws to set up, and how to measure them... Wouldn't wing chord length play a role in throwing any standard measurements off? Do I have to figure in wing chord width into some equation to get my proper throws? Do I need a protractor instead?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:07 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,672 Posts
Keep in mind I'm a full year out of flying " planks" so like the old saying if you dont use it you lose it. I have lost some of my "plank" knowledge. My cup runneth over with heli knowledge.
But yes 50% expo in high rate and 20% in low sounds good..What i always did with my "planks" in high rate mode was to drop 5mm then what the Manuel suggests. Duel rates are fun , but it can easily get away from you at times so i always go a bit lower. I would not think wing chord would play a role in throwing any measurements off. All i do is take a ruler and measure from the leading edge and set my servo travel according .

And yeah....when i do write in the plane threads i allways use the word planes and not "planks" so i dont offend the guys..lol..I guess it would be no different then them coming in here and referring to our models as egg-beaters.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,139 Posts
Egg beater is alright to me too, I'd tell them 'stick your hand in there with an egg and see'. Sensitive people man. And here I've been throwing the word plank around left and right... and while I did feel some contention with the plane guys but nobody ever said anything. I feel like a bigot now, HA .

Instead of chord width, I guess I meant the actual aileron or elevator itself. My techone foamie has a aileron that is beveled, and is longer on the inside than the outside of the wing. So where would I measure it from? I would get different measurements doing it close to the fuselage and another doing it further away.. does that make sense? The wider the actual aileron surface, the less affect a given measurement would have. The smaller the aileron the more affect any given measurement would have.

The stryker tells me the recommended high/low throws in the manual anyway, so it's not a problem. But I'm not getting the logic behind setting up some random plane without flying it first to see how it reacts, which is dangerous. I'll have to research what others use on this plane I guess, the techone manual I don't think says anything. I'm still waiting on batteries but for now I'm programming with my 3s heli battery that's too heavy to fly it.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:42 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,672 Posts
Ok...I "think" i know what you mean. Last year i had a T-28 where the inner ( close to fuse) aileron was a few mm's different then that of the outer. I just took my measurements closest to the fuse and let the outer edge be as it may. I figured it was a flaw in the model, As my others were near perfect on both ends. Long story short it still flew just fine. Are we on the same page ? if not, Then I'm at fault for not understanding correctly.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:14 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,139 Posts
My ailerons are beveled (also my rudder)... a lot more than a few mm. Like in the picture below.

So I was wrong, there is recommended throws in the manual (pictured below)... but I'm not sure where to measure from. I need to get a setup for setting deflection... maybe I'll build something simple with an adjustable ruler and a base.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:49 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,672 Posts
Ok...thread back open. Had to shut it down while harryhenderson was getting his um-teenth ban. He has a habit of having melt downs untill he gets his mind right. Usualy takes a day or two.
Anyways..recived what i hope to be the last piece of my heli hanger puzzle, an Align Ds520 tail servo. This will be the first time in like 3 months all four helis are flyable at the same time. Its a very had thing to accomplish..lol
Closed Thread