SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
I seriously want to get this!!

I saw this UFO type helicopter it comes with some lights so I can fly I can have it as my night flyer just so I can troll my neighbors. But I want to wait and see if others get it and write a review before buying it since it is barely about to be sold by banana hobby. What do you guys think Yay or Nay? By the way it is from banana hobby, do you guys know if it is a reputable store? Any comments or advice is welcomed. Thanks
~Chito

Here are some pics:

Chito2004lakers is offline Find More Posts by Chito2004lakers
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:20 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,397 Posts
I would pass. definite nay...

Banana has a history, but a select few continue to give them good reviews. Search the Trader Talk/Vendor Talk for more info and make your decision.

Aside from the Banana thing, IMO this is just a toy coaxial heli, which I find myself incredibly bored to fly no matter the body/canopy surrounding it. Moreover, I want no more cheap tx's at all and prefer a "hobby-grade" radio with nice programming.

If you do all your rc shopping online, then you may not have this issue; but I like supporting my LHS and shopping in person (Atlanta Hobby, HobbyTown USA, etc). I find that I cannot get Banana/Nitro parts at any of my local shops. To me this means more expensive as I get member discounts and no shipping charges when I buy local.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Thanks for the advice bsbauman! I have been reading about Banana Hobby and they seem to have a bad rep. I am going to wait and see if anybody else gets it once its released and hopefully they put a review online.
Chito2004lakers is offline Find More Posts by Chito2004lakers
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:08 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,397 Posts
it was just my opinion; some folks do like their products.

This is essentially a coaxial heli. These are excellent machines for learning the basics of heli flight and orientation.

If you get one of the Blades (bladehelis.com), you can find parts for the mcx, mcx2, scout, cx, and cx2 all for real cheap and at near any retailer so you can always find parts. Also they are backed by Horizon Hobby, the finest customer support in the industry.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK