HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:53 PM
Trying to understand something
Argentina, CB, Córdoba
Joined Nov 2011
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Did you try to recal the compass again? The calibration procedure for the WKM is the old MK cal procedure. The MK cal now uses magnetic north and you just tumble the multi rotor through north and south. I'm no expert but I was told the magnetic north cal is a proper one and the old way was not as effective.

I just finished my WKM install. I just need to do a compass calibration and then a test flight. When setting rx failsafe, I set throttle to mid position. Is this the right place to have throttle for FS?
Very nice machine! Wich frame is it please?

HNY!
jovito is online now Find More Posts by jovito
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:55 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuau View Post
So I am finishing up my MK Hexa XL build using AVROTO motors and Maytech esc's. I am new to the WKM FC and have read the latest WKM manual V2.1.
Couple of questions.
First in regards to where to mount my GPS and what size poll to use.
In the picture I have attached I have the GPS placed on the rigger M4, is this a good place for the GPS to be? Also which length poll should I use, the WKM comes with 3, short, medium, and long.

Secondly, I have mounted the IMU directly in the center, my question is in the WKM assistant software in the "Mounting" menu where it asks for X,Y,Z position of the unit do I just leave them at 0 because I have it mounted in the center?

I have already updated to the latest FW, and also calibrated my Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter, plugged everything in, and made sure the motors were spinning in the right direction which they are..

As you can see be my photos this is kinda of a custom build with the MK, I used 3 center plates for the build. My Maytech esc's are all on one level, then on top if the WKM stuff...

Any other advice....?
Oh year I forgot on this build what props would be recommended right now I have APC 10x4.7 and 11X4.7 would either of these work? Or do I need to go bigger?

-Steve
Hi Steve

Mounting configuration IMU = if you find during a take off and landing bit of oscillation it may require to drop ( Z-4 or more ) it also base on the pay load

i have a Hexa Motor to Motor 685 mm currently using a APC 10x4.7 flys good
Battery 3s 5000 mah x2 AUW 2.9 kg
Shiu
exopackshiu is offline Find More Posts by exopackshiu
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:21 PM
Canada, QC, Montréal
Joined Apr 2011
98 Posts
With the relatively high price of the quad (frame + FC + Gimbal + camera etc...), are you using any kind of beeper or device to find your quad in case you loose it? If so, what is it?
claude258 is offline Find More Posts by claude258
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:32 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2011
106 Posts
Snow backyard …! still need a bit of tweaking in the Gimbal and Pilot need a skill .. Raw footage 12 minutes trim down to 4 minutes
i hope you all like it…

Dji wk (4 min 13 sec)
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:43 PM
Canada, QC, Montréal
Joined Apr 2011
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exopackshiu View Post
Snow backyard …! still need a bit of tweaking in the Gimbal and Pilot need a skill .. Raw footage 12 minutes trim down to 4 minutes
i hope you all like it…

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzS2GP3DUF8
Nice!
How do you protect your unit from the cold temperature? Are you using it below -5C ?
claude258 is offline Find More Posts by claude258
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:51 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude258 View Post
Nice!
How do you protect your unit from the cold temperature? Are you using it below -5C ?
Thank you ..+3 yesterday.. i did try - 9 IMU don't like it. Unless keep the IMU in the Thermos I'm planning to do some video tomorrow by the LAKE ONTARIO see what happens….!

Shiu
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Aug 2010
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
1) Did you contact the dealer you purchased the unit from?
2) You stated you use WKM before, so I will try to answer your questions -

-----------------------------------------------
1) You have to use Tx to take off; of course you will need a laptop otherwise how will you use G/S.
2) If you use WKM, motor starting is the same.
3) In the manual, 5 meters.
4) No difference than WKM without G/S.
5) No difference than using stick, press release, press release to control descending speed.
6) Google map store at last position; no need to have internet access at the field.
7) Using G/S, GPS/Atti flight mode together with GPS signal strength are showing at the bottom of the screen.

Your pilot friend flying in Air Force using autopilot might not be familiar to G/S. You quoted Ace Waypoint a couple of times, I am not quite sure if you have used Ace One before. But, if you do, our waypoint has been out for more than two years with many users worldwide, a proven product.

Single Waypoint = set one waypoint or click on that point & Go. The editor is when you start Click&Go after you pick the point where you want the aircraft to go to, enter height and flight speed.

If I were you I would send email to support@dji-innovations.com stating the dealer you purchased the unit from; the Hardware ID of the controller; stating the problem you are facing. I guarantee your question will all be answered; anger does not solve problem. Lastly, the product is not 3,000; This is your first post, I am wondering where you heard the customer service and support comments.
1. In my opinion Wookong M with ground station installed should be flyable even if I dont' want to use the GCS, which is not the case. Similarly I should be able to fly without RC transmitter as well. Or these should be given to me as option. Since GCS starts and stop the motors I can't fly wookong M without using GCS.
2. Hovering height and hovering vertical speed?. Suppose I dont' wanna pull it up at GCS predefined speed what should I do.
3. Google earth only stores the last position. There should be some option to pre-fetch the maps so that in areas where I cant have internet access I may fetch the maps before hand.
4. The color of the lights is different with GCS installed on the Wookong M LED. Manual doesn't explain this.

If you buy wookong M from DJI add shipping +4% for Paypal: You purchase GCS add shipping + 4% for the paypal. Now see its almost 3k. I had my personal experience with DJI tech support and personally discussed with DJI distributor about the tech support DJI offers.

I hope that you are also using GCS
farooq_niaZ is offline Find More Posts by farooq_niaZ
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyQueen View Post
Thanks for the info. As this was bought as package I will contact the shop and have a talk to the guy who sold me this.
12am is too low for your hexa. 30A or 40A is recommended.
Shoryuken is offline Find More Posts by Shoryuken
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:17 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24g View Post
I'm currently on 4.0, but after the 4.2 debacle, I am hesitant to upgrade unnecessarily. Is it even worth upgrading at all? Not interested in power management, only better flight performance.

So, should I stick with 4.0 or go with 4.22 or 4.26?
I really didn't see any difference in flight performance. I don't use power management either.
llbr22 is offline Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:30 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq_niaZ View Post

If you buy wookong M from DJI add shipping +4% for Paypal: You purchase GCS add shipping + 4% for the paypal. Now see its almost 3k. I had my personal experience with DJI tech support and personally discussed with DJI distributor about the tech support DJI offers.

1) You cannot buy Single Waypoint directly from DJI, only WKM.
2) PayPal fee is not paid by customer.
3) Name the dealer and tech support contact person, I know all of them
4) Yes, I am using one.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:40 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,704 Posts
Quote:
4. The color of the lights is different with GCS installed on the Wookong M LED. Manual doesn't explain this.

I have only used GS in static mode, i.e., DataLink connected to the WKM via my computer and GS. I was able to locate my Quad with GS within a few feet. I have not noticed any change in the LED's on my WKM Quad. They act/react the same way that they did under transmitter control. How are yours different? I am hoping that I will have the quad parts needed to be able to flight test the One Click by this weekend.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:49 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Ed, were you looking for this photo I posted a week ago?
This is GS mounted on my 404.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7176
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:55 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
I really didn't see any difference in flight performance. I don't use power management either.
cool, thanks. I think I will leave well enough alone (for now, heh).
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:02 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovito View Post
Very nice machine! Wich frame is it please?

HNY!
Thanks, its the RC-Carbon frame, 850mm.

http://www.rc-carbon.com/
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
1. In my opinion Wookong M with ground station installed should be flyable even if I dont' want to use the GCS, which is not the case. Similarly I should be able to fly without RC transmitter as well. Or these should be given to me as option. Since GCS starts and stop the motors I can't fly wookong M without using GCS.
2. Hovering height and hovering vertical speed?. Suppose I dont' wanna pull it up at GCS predefined speed what should I do.
3. Google earth only stores the last position. There should be some option to pre-fetch the maps so that in areas where I cant have internet access I may fetch the maps before hand.

No matter with or withour GCS, you can also fly WKM in any of the control mode. Google map can be loaded in advance so you can use it offline in the filed.All you need to do is zoom in the area with internet.
When I play with GCS, I always have my buddy with me, 1 for GCS, 1 for Tx, in case of emergency, we can take back control via Tx. Not a good idea to fly without Tx even if it's available.
Shoryuken is offline Find More Posts by Shoryuken