HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:09 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
The only package we have going to you is on August 1st which was delivered on August 11th. So, I do not believe that we have received the package from you yet.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2011, 04:21 PM
nothing new under the sun
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
RX received

Hello Jim
received this morning ( very fast less than a week ) the new Flashable RX,
I tested it ( including with a discharged Nicad to see the Red led rock solid... ), all is fine no more Red led with good charged battery, so I am very happy with your products and your fast & nice service,
thank you
Daniel
stick08 is offline Find More Posts by stick08
Old Sep 14, 2011, 05:00 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
You're quite welcome!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:16 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
what's mean a rapid flash led on RX ?

Hello Jim,

my old IFS RX is flashing always (fast) Red and or maybe orange and doesn't bind anymore with the TX, now that I got your new RX my old IFS one does'nt work. I work on a new Jet and this Rx was working perfectly during all the setting and before when flying my Mirage, suddenly today after making the balance for my plane the Rx stay with this flash red led , it is not the normal red flash that wait for the TX to be on and then turning to green, to be sure I test again your new RX and all is ok.

if I powering while pushing the programm button ( I tried to connect to XDP it is not reconized) led just change to solid orange , impossible to bind ( to bind I need a normal flashing red at start ), when it is powered any action on the programm button does not changing anything the led is always flashing ( it is more like a strobe than really flashing.
I hope not to have a fatal issue on this two years old RX ( XR-16 ifs )
here a link on you tube I made a short video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED9X35PBDBE

the begining of the movie show correct Red & green flash with Extremlink Rx received from you last week, the second IFS Graupner RX have a rapid flash Red led and never link to the TX
thank you for your help!
Last edited by stick08; Sep 17, 2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: link to you tube video
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:34 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
Red/green flash indicates that there is a problem with the RF module talking to our board. This could occur if you attempted to upgrade a v2.x receiver to v3.x firmware. The v2.x firmware receivers require a new RF board, which is why they have to be sent back to us as part of the upgrade.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2011, 02:52 AM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,607 Posts
The red and green flash referred to is the red first and then switching to green when connected. Then the 2nd rx videoed does the rapid red flash. No rapid red/green just a language difference in the describing. That's what I saw.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Sep 18, 2011, 04:28 AM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Red/green flash indicates that there is a problem with the RF module talking to our board. This could occur if you attempted to upgrade a v2.x receiver to v3.x firmware. The v2.x firmware receivers require a new RF board, which is why they have to be sent back to us as part of the upgrade.
Jim,
sorry for my poor English, 4*60 is right : there is not red/green flash only red flash my IFS is V3.8 I didn't attempt any upgrade as it is already V3.8 firmware.
the first part of the video is your Xtremlink rx that works perfectly with normal red flash until TX is on than it change to green. I do the video of the two RX to show that Battery A123 is ok as is the TX.
attached a pic of my new Jet that was suppose to make the maiden today but after this issue on my IFS Graupner RX I have to found the reason before puting in another RX ( maybe a short circuit in one of the servo extension I dont know )
please help
thank you
Dan
Old Sep 18, 2011, 01:32 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
Rapid red flashing on the receiver is not a possible option. Since you say that this is a v3.8 receiver, try doing a RESET: press and HOLD the programming button on the receiver while applying power (like you would to be it into XDP programming mode). Keep holding the button down until you see the LED change from orange to slowly flashing red. This should take about 8 seconds to reach this point. Once the LED is flashing red, you can release the button. After the flashing has stopped, remove power. Now bind the receiver to the transmtiter module and see if it now behaves normally.

Nice jet. What is it?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2011, 05:14 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Rapid red flashing on the receiver is not a possible option. Since you say that this is a v3.8 receiver, try doing a RESET: press and HOLD the programming button on the receiver while applying power (like you would to be it into XDP programming mode). Keep holding the button down until you see the LED change from orange to slowly flashing red. This should take about 8 seconds to reach this point. Once the LED is flashing red, you can release the button. After the flashing has stopped, remove power. Now bind the receiver to the transmtiter module and see if it now behaves normally.

Nice jet. What is it?
Hello Jim,
thank's for your help , I did what you said but with no success I had the led changing from orange to slowly flashing red, after I release the button and after flashing stopped I removed the power, but when I power to make the bind I have again the fast red flash "strobe" I did 4 or 5 times nothing change.

the jet is a old Spectre I just copy the same color of my Sapac L39 on it, I work a lot for this color scheme not easy to do...
Old Sep 18, 2011, 08:45 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
Did you try using a different battery? If the battery was dead, it would do this because of rebooting.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:46 AM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Did you try using a different battery? If the battery was dead, it would do this because of rebooting.
Hi Jim,
the battery is A123 -2.3 A at 85% charged more than 6.6 volts, ( when I connect your new RX it's ok ,I tested many times ), any idea what I can do ?
thank's
Dan
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:31 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
Return the Rx for a replacement. It is odd that you can't peform the reset since that is part of the v3.8 function. Fast flashing red (only) is not a LED sequence that can ever occur on the receiver. So, I would say it is somehow defective.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:27 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Return the Rx for a replacement. It is odd that you can't peform the reset since that is part of the v3.8 function. Fast flashing red (only) is not a LED sequence that can ever occur on the receiver. So, I would say it is somehow defective.
Hi Jim,
Should I return it to you , how much it will cost me ?, I buy it from a store in France that didnt exist anymore... so I understand it is not reparable as you say "replacement".
by the way today I made my maiden with the spectre using the xtremlink RX from my electric L39, very nice flight but the cameraman was not on his good day I will try a video by tomorrow.
Thank you for your assistance,
Daniel
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:45 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
Just return the receiver to us. We will replace it. You will need to just pay for the shipping.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:01 AM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Just return the receiver to us. We will replace it. You will need to just pay for the shipping.
Hello Jim,

you are the best ! thank you so much, I will post it to your attention today registred air mail, when you ship back I will pay you your shipping with Paypal.
again I say the Xtremlink system is the best as is the service even for guys like me living in Europe, after more than 3 years flying fast electric DF and other planes ,I never had any radio issue, sometimes I crashed ( my fault ) and RX still work ! it is a very hard material,
all my best and thank you again Jim ,
Daniel