Joined Aug 2011
56 Posts
Discussion
RX-18 upgrade questions

Hello Gents.

It would be silly to put so much effort into my Early Tiger 1 and still use the
original board.

QUESTIONS:

1. Does the Rx-18 upgrade have better sound as in 'quality' only or is it more closer to the Tamiya sound system?

2. What is an option for better and more realistic sounds for our 1/16th Panzers?

3. I have noticed that some RX-18's come with all the leads and others just
the unit alone.....( maybe the wires are just not in the pic ? ) If I get one without the cables / connections are they generic and can they be picked up at any Radio Shack or well stocked Electronics supply?

Anything else I should get or need when upgrading to a RX-18?

Danke!
Sgt. Schultz is offline Find More Posts by Sgt. Schultz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:09 AM
Joined Sep 2011
4 Posts
i think the RX18 has the same crappy sounds as always

is for this reason that I've installed a Beier sound-card on my HL tiger I. The model USM-HL is specific for HL tanks, easy to install with no soldering and the sound is awesome. You can put customized sounds in it.

for 129 it's not cheap, but it's the cheapest solution I've found, only sound wise. For other solutions you change all electronics and had to sum up a hobby radio too..

you can look on youtube for 'beier soundmodul' and you will find a few vids of 1/16 tanks with this card fitted.

best regards
jussek is offline Find More Posts by jussek
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:01 AM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
588 Posts
There is a WECOHE Jagdtiger on that playlist that sounds very convincing with this sound system.

I'd like to at least have one of these in my fleet (the beier soundmodul) when I get around to it.

Okay ... the tank too.

~ Jeff
Panther F is offline Find More Posts by Panther F
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:49 PM
Joined Aug 2011
56 Posts
Thanks guys!

I will look into this for sure. I already found a small but awesome speaker that came from a desk top sub woofer unit...even with the HL sound its amazing!

If you don't mind what are the most obvious advantages using the RX-18 vs the 14 board?
Sgt. Schultz is offline Find More Posts by Sgt. Schultz