New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2015, 05:15 AM
Find More Posts by agedflier
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,654 Posts
Back again looking for more help....Im wanting to know the length of the V2 Battery hatch so that I can cut my V1 to match.. It is ATM 134mm(51/4")...The piece I cut off will be glued just in front of the foam the cockpit hatch is attached to....Thanks...A.F
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2015, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
2,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
Back again looking for more help....Im wanting to know the length of the V2 Battery hatch so that I can cut my V1 to match.. It is ATM 134mm(51/4")...The piece I cut off will be glued just in front of the foam the cockpit hatch is attached to....Thanks...A.F
Agedflier - V2 front nose cover hatch is 100.03mm Long.....There is a tab that extends 6.5mm from the lower lip. The front tapers down to 49mm Wide......the rear is 76mm wide

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is online now Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Last edited by TwistedGrin; Apr 29, 2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 02:15 AM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,654 Posts
Thanks for that information TG....Job Done... I didn't bother about the 0.03mm haha

Now I have to work out the landing gear lengths. I have the wheels and retracts. Im also thinking of NO gear doors and just having narrower openings like has been done a few pages back.

Oh and some cockpit details...You just cant have a pilot with nothing to do...haha
Old May 01, 2015, 10:51 AM
Find More Posts by Kurt
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
2,405 Posts
Nice job so far AF!!

FWIW I don't miss gear doors at all.
I did have to enlarge the holes in the fixed panels (laminated 3/32 plywood around a spray can of paint to get the curve in them) in the pic below since putting on larger tires, but in the air you never notice they're not fully covered.
Hinged gear doors are a PITA.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Old May 01, 2015, 05:28 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Nice job so far AF!!

FWIW I don't miss gear doors at all.
I did have to enlarge the holes in the fixed panels (laminated 3/32 plywood around a spray can of paint to get the curve in them) in the pic below since putting on larger tires, but in the air you never notice they're not fully covered.
Hinged gear doors are a PITA.
Kurt .... When you say "laminated" is that by using 2 pieces of 3/32 glued and shaped??

Sorry Kurt..I miss read...Its PLYWOOD...silly me.
Last edited by agedflier; May 01, 2015 at 05:52 PM.